Anonymous Hacks The Westboro Baptist Church: Posts All Their Personal Information

Anemone_sl

shitlord
http://www.inquisitr.com/440545/anon...l-information/

Posted: December 16, 2012
By Wolff Bachner

Commentary ? Updated | The hacking collective known as Anonymous renewed their war on the Westboro Baptist Church today. After the haters from the infamous church posted their intentions to picket the funerals of the twenty children killed in the shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School, Anonymous responded by re-posting the personal and professional information for members of the church on the Internet. Now the general public can contact the church members directly and tell them what they think about people who would desecrate the funerals of murdered children.

Westboro Baptist Church has been irritating Americans for years with venom filled message about their demented version of God. According to the many closely related and intermarried members of the Phelps family who make up the majority of the congregation of the so-called church, God enjoys killing children and soldiers. They constantly proclaim God hates homosexuals and plans to destroy America for not following the Westboro Baptist Church?s twisted version of Christianity. The incredible obsession with homosexuality expressed by Fred and family seems to many as a sure fire case of ?thou dost protest too much.?

Anonymous has been after the Westboro Baptist Church for several months now, hacking their websites repeatedly. Recently, they accused the church of creating a fake letter from the hacking group in order to trick other hackers into attacking the website. Anonymous warned their supporters the church planned to harvest internet addresses and sue people. Suing people is apparently the primary activity of the Westboro Baptist Church when they aren?t screaming hate at funerals.

Of course, Westboro denied the charges and taunted Anonymous as incompetent hackers. They claimed their website was protected by God. Big mistake. A few days later, while a Westboro spokeswoman was boasting about how the church foiled Anonymous on a radio talk show, an Anonymous spokesman called in and hacked the church?s website in real time on the air.
I don't really *get* the Anonymous thing, and this church is just one sad family that brainwashes their kids into hating everyone. Have you seen the documentaries about the family? It's just sad, and you feel so bad for those kids.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Anonymous was originally what people from 4chan called themselves because of the posting rules on that site. You couldn't register initially, so everyone who posted was "Anonymous". Over the years 4chan users started pulling internet pranks like doing real life raids and harassing facebook and myspace users. At some point in 2008 the group decided to stage protests against Scientology. Critics of that church joined the banner of "Anonymous" for protection from the Church's policy of ruining the lives of their critics through legal and illegal harrassment.

Around this time, a group of hackers calling themselves anonymous decided they could change the world. So this group of hacktivists began attacking corruption in government, corporations, and other groups. They rallied behind wikileaks, declared war on a bunch of different groups, and have generally acted like freedom fighters when really they're a bunch of computer nerds under the age of 30. Although the individual members of the group aren't very good at hacktivising or whatever, and often end up in jail, the idea behind the group continues to bring in new stupid children to join the cause.

PRE-2008 image macro describing "Anonymous" users of 4chan.

rrr_img_3784.jpg

2008 image macro about the Guy Fawkes masks used to hide people's identity from the Church of Scientology during the protests.

rrr_img_3789.png

New anonymous flag and there are several movies on youtube that describe anonymous, it's mission, and other general propoganda.

rrr_img_3792.png

What is Anonymous? It's a bunch of people who support the ideals of freedom on the internet and elsewhere. It's a meme, and it will never die as long as children have access to the internet.

rrr_img_3784.jpg

rrr_img_3789.png

rrr_img_3792.png

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Around this time, a group of hackers calling themselves anonymous decided they could change the world. So this group of hacktivists began attacking corruption in government, corporations, and other groups. They rallied behind wikileaks, declared war on a bunch of different groups, and have generally acted like freedom fighters when really they're a bunch of computer nerds under the age of 30. Although the individual members of the group aren't very good at hacktivising or whatever, and often end up in jail, the idea behind the group continues to bring in new stupid children to join the cause.

What is Anonymous? It's a bunch of people who support the ideals of freedom on the internet and elsewhere. It's a meme, and it will never die as long as children have access to the internet.
Being someone who works in the world of enterprise network security I can tell you from personal experience that whereas some of them are idiot kids there are also a good number of them who are top notch hacks.

I can't think of a single reason now to commend them for this. Essentially they want to be "the Batman" of the internet, and until they do something heinous to turn the public on them they will probably get away with it.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
http://www.inquisitr.com/440545/anon...l-information/

I don't really *get* the Anonymous thing, and this church is just one sad family that brainwashes their kids into hating everyone. Have you seen the documentaries about the family? It's just sad, and you feel so bad for those kids.
I just want to say, don't feel sad for them.

They do their shit under a guise of religion but it is just that, a guise. None of them are crazy, none of them believe their bullshit. They are assholes plain and simple exploiting tax law.

They understand what they are doing and are doing it for a couple reasons.

• Money garnered under a church protest are considered religious funds and are subject to the same tax laws.
  • All members of the family (and some extended family / church members) are staffed (paid) members of the church and thus are subject to the same tax laws.
  • Any time the group is denied the "right to protest and free speech" they sue the county / state for being denied rights, the funds are subject to the same tax laws.

Notice any recurring trend?

I am without a doubt certain that if their "church" was denied tax exemption and they were required to report the same as a company that they would stop protesting.

Their "message" (Anti-everyone) exists for a couple reasons..

• It is the most offensive possible while staying legally "grey"
  • The tone garners a TON of negative press (read; good press for them) which in turn sours a state / county to them paving the way for their suit against the location they protest.
  • It is "religious" because in order to be classified as protected speech it needs to be provable that there is a "reasonable and logical" basis for their beliefs, thus...religion.

So no, do not feel sad for them or their children. They all understand completely what they are doing. A few of their kids have left the family and their "Church" because of their disagreeing with the tactics used, but you never hear about them because they would lose their street cred if you understood that they are logical people...just...assholes.

Anemone_sl

shitlord
I just want to say, don't feel sad for them.

They do their shit under a guise of religion but it is just that, a guise. None of them are crazy, none of them believe their bullshit. They are assholes plain and simple exploiting tax law.

They understand what they are doing and are doing it for a couple reasons.

• Money garnered under a church protest are considered religious funds and are subject to the same tax laws.
  • All members of the family (and some extended family / church members) are staffed (paid) members of the church and thus are subject to the same tax laws.
  • Any time the group is denied the "right to protest and free speech" they sue the county / state for being denied rights, the funds are subject to the same tax laws.

Notice any recurring trend?

I am without a doubt certain that if their "church" was denied tax exemption and they were required to report the same as a company that they would stop protesting.

Their "message" (Anti-everyone) exists for a couple reasons..

• It is the most offensive possible while staying legally "grey"
  • The tone garners a TON of negative press (read; good press for them) which in turn sours a state / county to them paving the way for their suit against the location they protest.
  • It is "religious" because in order to be classified as protected speech it needs to be provable that there is a "reasonable and logical" basis for their beliefs, thus...religion.

So no, do not feel sad for them or their children. They all understand completely what they are doing. A few of their kids have left the family and their "Church" because of their disagreeing with the tactics used, but you never hear about them because they would lose their street cred if you understood that they are logical people...just...assholes.
Who cares about money and taxes here? They really do teach their children to hate, and in their documentaries it showed how the kids basically had no friends outside of the family, and those who left the religion/money machine were disowned by the family.

imo those kids have it rough.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Who cares about money and taxes here?

They really do teach their children to hate, and in their documentaries it showed how the kids basically had no friends outside of the family, and those who left the religion/money machine were disowned by the family.

imo those kids have it rough.
They do, this whole thing is about money for them don't be suckered in by emotion, they don't have any and neither should you when you see their antics.

The kids that grow up and leave the group are disowned for a couple reasons, they don't have to give them money and they aren't legally liable for them after they disown them.

"Crazy" or not, they use their kids and teach their kids the "value" of what they do. That being using law tricks and exploits to earn money. It is clear the kids understand their actions since a few have left the family.

They have won some pretty massive cases under their firms name, their family has a LOT of money from their actions.

Trust me when I say this, they know right and wrong, they are NOT crazy. Assholes? Without a doubt...

Archangel_sl

shitlord
I watched a documentary by Louis Theroux about Westboro Baptist Church. He actually lived with the main family for a week or so, and they are the most fucked religious nutbags. It was eye-opening, how easily they were indoctrinating hate into the children. I have no doubt that they are truly, truly touched by evil.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Good job to Anon, I couldn't care less what happens to their adults.

I despise these people and their actions, but part of me feels if we strip them of their rights like so many want to do, why stop there? If we deny them tax exemption, we may as well remove that from the rest of churches. (which I'm in favor for anyways). I can hate it all I want, but taking their rights away is a good way to get started on taking mine away.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Perhaps this is a bit over the top but my best case scenario is every one of those shitheads gets killed by someone who's finally had enough of their garbage and then a large group of people shows up to protest their funerals.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I'm honestly shocked no one has killed them yet. There has to be one grieving widow of a soldier, or a father who lost his only son, someone with nothing to lose. Who would even disapprove?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm honestly shocked no one has killed them yet. There has to be one grieving widow of a soldier, or a father who lost his only son, someone with nothing to lose. Who would even disapprove?
There's going to be about 20 families they are picketing... odds are in our favor.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Looks like Shirley Phelps' Twitter account was hacked as well?

Any updates on whether they are planning to show up?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
This...

I figured someone would likely just say "fuckit" and just try something more serious..

There have been attempts on them but nothing really well thought out.

I watched a documentary by Louis Theroux about Westboro Baptist Church. He actually lived with the main family for a week or so, and they are the most fucked religious nutbags. It was eye-opening, how easily they were indoctrinating hate into the children. I have no doubt that they are truly, truly touched by evil.
Honestly I have no doubt of the sincerity of the documenter but the people? The people are liars. Every time I see them on the news or doing documentaries about themselves it feels like an act. It isn't so crazy to think of it as an act either. They make a ton of money from their actions, they need to keep up their appearance as a bunch of crazies, I wouldn't put it above them to act it all out to retain their status.

Unintended lulz there.
Lol, not entire unintended.