Another Life

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
generic captain guy was also hilarious. "fuck... my incredibly bad decision which always worked on Star Trek has probably killed us all and doomed humanity. i better kill this bitch while i'm still alive"
i still don't understand that plot hole.

at no point does starbuck say, "yea i kicked him into laser hell, he pulled a knife on me, in fact that knife is probably burned into his hands"

idiot crew:
"but why would he kill you?"

starbuck:
cuz he successfully executed a mutiny for no other reason than to command the ship again so that he can do the space ship equivolent of "drifting", also you two bastards that helped him mutiny, you get airlocked!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
They gave a Death Star superlaser to a ship crewed by moron 27 year olds. I figure they had at least a 30% chance that one of these self-absorbed fucks would just come back and blow up the Earth when they found out their boy/girl/itfriend had cheated on them while they were away.

Ah but see, the super laser is actually a lie, and they don't have one - the entire crew was carefully picked so that when the aliens inevitably kill them it will give the government lots of photogenic minorities to rally up the weak-stomached liberals to get their declaration of war passed ;p

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
The entire thing is fucked.

The AI is the ship and will appear as an interactive projection if you so much as whisper its name...unless it doesn't want to.

...Yet when Starbuck is attacked the AI is no where to be seen and doesn't sound the alarm and when her crew is all "DiD U rEaLlY hAvE 2 kILL hIm?" the AI doesn't side with her or have any recordings of the event despite being able to magically hear anyone whisper his name from anywhere on the ship and being in a position and having the ability to literally witness the entire situation play out.

Which also brings up more issues like how a hologram can actually see and hear and how the AI has the ability to practically hear everything at anytime from anywhere...
...unless it's projecting itself as a hologram to someone, at which point I guess it forgets its an AI and believes itself to be a person and not the actual ship which it is and somehow loses its ability to multitask. "Someone is trying to hack the ships most sensitive and protected code to delete me? How would I know I'm distracted trying to enjoy this AI party and flirting with Starbuck!".

I couldn't even enjoy the dumb obnoxious bitch getting melted because I was too floored by her statement claiming the ships AI is "busy" and couldn't help her in the super critical situation where the ship came within seconds of blowing up. They could have just said the AI got knocked out from all the damage or couldn't materialize with all that radiation around that section of the ship but no, it was "busy". I guess that could have been her being sarcastic or snarky, or the AI could have been hilariously ignoring her because she was a cunt, but the entire thing played out shitty with the exception of her turning into a puddle.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
First big choice captain makes on a voyage and you don't like it MUTINY! Then when captain does not choose to vent you out the air lock you pull a knife on her. Somehow she fails to mention this fucker first mutnied then pulled a fucking knife on her so everybody is like Y U MURDER?

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
This is one of the dumbest fucking shows I've ever seen.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Anyone get past episode 7? I had to go back and watch a couple seasons of Star Trek as a palat cleanser.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Wait, I might've seen that one, too, is that the one where they get fucked up sniffing flowers and get emotional with each other on the planet before almost getting eaten by aliens?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So bad, it makes Star Trek: Discovery look good?
Discovery is a fucking masterpiece compared to this dumpster fire. Discovery just isn't Star Trek, and overtly virtue signalling. Otherwise, you know, acceptable for what it is.

This... is just so fucking bad in all respects. It's like amateurs were given 4K cameras and a moderate Netflix budget. Some junior high level writing, 101 level acting...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wait, I might've seen that one, too, is that the one where they get fucked up sniffing flowers and get emotional with each other on the planet before almost getting eaten by aliens?
no, the fatty make space marijuana from one of those plants, and... "vapes", and the evil robot controlled senator boy drugs them all.

• 1Cringe

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Discovery is a fucking masterpiece compared to this dumpster fire. Discovery just isn't Star Trek, and overtly virtue signalling. Otherwise, you know, acceptable for what it is.

This... is just so fucking bad in all respects. It's like amateurs were given 4K cameras and a moderate Netflix budget. Some junior high level writing, 101 level acting...
just finish it, so you can shit post the "ending"!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
yall are seriously tempting me to give this a watch though it sounds like i shouldn't do it sober

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
yall are seriously tempting me to give this a watch though it sounds like i shouldn't do it sober

Toss up if you are sober it hurts more but if you are not sober you may break your TV so choose wisely.