Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have zero idea who Kang was/is and why there were so many of them in the end credits. Is that a find out in a later movie thing?
It's explained in Loki.

Kang is like a future Hitler and has a multiversal war against himself. The Kang who wins does it by erasing all other universes/timelines and setting up an organisation to erase any new timelines that emerge.

Loki puts a stop to this so the other timelines with their own seperate Kangs reemerge.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
It's explained in Loki.

The hallmark of good storytelling. "Watch 100% of the content we shit out if you want to understand what's going on."

Phase 1-3 is rolling over in its grave.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Kang is marvel's version of booster gold. No powers just a time traveler with basic tech you can find at your local 7/11 in 3000AD ie technology makes him more powerful than anything else known to gods and men... infinity stones? Cosmic forces? Reality altering Multiversal powers? That shit is nothing compared to the power of the iphone 427 circa 3012. "Sufficiently advanced technology is no different than magic" is ok i guess to explain away certain powers or plot points but having it trump gods and deities or actual powers/magic, shit is gay and always has been fucking gay.

At least wtih DC Booster Gold is a fucking joke, cant believe mcu thought it a compelling enough villian to build a 10 year, 3 fucking phase movie roadmap on.

Of course their lynchpin actor they based everything on turned out to fulfill the stereotype for his people and goes down before they even really got started.

Anyway long way round just to say "dont worry about having to watch loki to know whats going on," at this point i dont even know if feige knows whats going on and they'll certainly need to pivot, at least to a new actor if not a new story, which means they'll probably have to properly explain it in an actual movie in the future.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Kang is marvel's version of booster gold. No powers just a time traveler with basic tech you can find at your local 7/11 in 3000AD ie technology makes him more powerful than anything else known to gods and men... infinity stones? Cosmic forces? Reality altering Multiversal powers? That shit is nothing compared to the power of the iphone 427 circa 3012. "Sufficiently advanced technology is no different than magic" is ok i guess to explain away certain powers or plot points but having it trump gods and deities or actual powers/magic, shit is gay and always has been fucking gay.

At least wtih DC Booster Gold is a fucking joke, cant believe mcu thought it a compelling enough villian to build a 10 year, 3 fucking phase movie roadmap on.

Of course their lynchpin actor they based everything on turned out to fulfill the stereotype for his people and goes down before they even really got started.

Anyway long way round just to say "dont worry about having to watch loki to know whats going on," at this point i dont even know if feige knows whats going on and they'll certainly need to pivot, at least to a new actor if not a new story, which means they'll probably have to properly explain it in an actual movie in the future.
you owe it to yourself to read the kang story in the comics. aside from being from the future he really has nothing in common with booster gold.

the comic book version is a decent story and could have made a good main villain. If they'd cast someone that looked like Kang instead of raceswapping for woke points it could have worked.

• 1Picard

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
I've never fully gotten the whole "timetraveler with normal goodies from his time" thing. Like, I get that if you can time travel, you can go back in time and appear like a god. But why the fuck wouldn't you first take a pitstop to 3000 years in the future from YOUR time, when they've got even better toys? Or how about a pitstop to 10,000 years in the future where they've learned how to transcend physical bodies? Then, you go on your god-trip to the past.

Such dumb premises.

• 1Like

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
you owe it to yourself to read the kang story in the comics. aside from being from the future he really has nothing in common with booster gold.

the comic book version is a decent story and could have made a good main villain. If they'd cast someone that looked like Kang instead of raceswapping for woke points it could have worked.
It really is just a stupid premise. Im sure theres runs which are well written, elegant and succinct stories which bring a tear to your eye they are so beautiful. But the premise is fucking dumb. Time travel only works when its the central premise of the story. Using it to explain powers is intellectually lazy and inherently dishonest at best.

Last edited:

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
It really is just a stupid premise. Im sure theres runs which are well written, elegant and succinct stories which bring a tear to your eye they are so beautiful. But the premise is fucking dumb. Time travel only works when its the central premise of the story. Using it to explain powers is intellectually lazy and inherently dishonest at best.
Thats backwards. He invented all his shit. The tech is his power, because he invented it.

It really does seem like people are getting booster gold and kang confused.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
But why the fuck wouldn't you first take a pitstop to 3000 years in the future from YOUR time, when they've got even better toys?

this is like asking a Roman Legionary to time travel to today and stock up on modern military hardware.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I've never fully gotten the whole "timetraveler with normal goodies from his time" thing. Like, I get that if you can time travel, you can go back in time and appear like a god. But why the fuck wouldn't you first take a pitstop to 3000 years in the future from YOUR time, when they've got even better toys? Or how about a pitstop to 10,000 years in the future where they've learned how to transcend physical bodies? Then, you go on your god-trip to the past.

Such dumb premises.

He's not just an average dude from the future using shit from future Wal-Mart.

He's a descendant of either Reed Richards or Dr Doom. He also did do what you said and has technology from his future and even alternate timelines. He created his armor and weapons himself using his Richards/Doom intellect and the advances of the future technology.

The comparison to Booster Gold is completely retarded and ends at "they're both from the future"

Last edited:

Haus

<Silver Donator>
"Wasted potential" is a good way to put it. And yea, what a fucking waste with Bale as Gorr, too.
Honestly I think the "Mighty Thor" Jane Foster story line was equally wasted. They took two really deep , dark and potentially fantastic storylines, and sacrificed them at the altar of Wahtiti's ego for a bad rom com.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just watched this for the first time.

Visually its a spectacular film, but even in some parts the CGI feels cartoonish. The daughter is just a terrible actor. At least the other actors can kinda sell the notion that they're not just in front of a green screen, but she can't.

Everything else is just typical paint-by-numbers Marvel: bad man, power to the people, MUH REVOLUTION, shitty mcguffin, cheap emotional stakes, big fight at the end

Favorite part was multiple Scotts in the probability storm, I thought that was pretty clever and funny.

• 1Solidarity