Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
These movies are so underrated and Rudd is fantastic. Michael Peña was a great sidekick for him. Will be bummed if he doesn’t show up.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Ant Man: Search for Coolio is looking good. Excited about it unlike everything else marvel.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Dude Luis fast talking and awkward jimmy woo make these films. Yeah their bad guys are forgettable and the stakes aren't all that high but a film without the 3 ex cons or the fbi agent isn't worth seeing. nobody watches these for the action sequences or set pieces (that's reserved for the team up avenger films)

joz123

Potato del Grande
nobody watches these for the action sequences or set pieces (that's reserved for the team up avenger films)
Cary Elwes Laughing GIF

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Dude Luis fast talking and awkward jimmy woo make these films. Yeah their bad guys are forgettable and the stakes aren't all that high but a film without the 3 ex cons or the fbi agent isn't worth seeing. nobody watches these for the action sequences or set pieces (that's reserved for the team up avenger films)

Clearly you didn’t see that amazing set piece in Antman 1 when they derailed a train

Beat effects I’ve ever seen

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
gotta admit, the people putting trailers together for the mcu have been pretty great. especially lately where the trailers are significantly better than the movies

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
gotta admit, the people putting trailers together for the mcu have been pretty great. especially lately where the trailers are significantly better than the movies
well, they edit in certain clips that dont ever actually show up in the theatrical releases in order push a false narrative that makes you want you to see the movie. its a scam.

j00t

well, they edit in certain clips that dont ever actually show up in the theatrical releases in order push a false narrative that makes you want you to see the movie. its a scam.
i mean, that's not a new concept. deleted scenes have been put in trailers for as long as i can remember. granted, end game specifically put in edited scenes that were never meant to be in the movie, but i don't know if i would call it a "scam"

also stop being the fun police

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
i mean, that's not a new concept. deleted scenes have been put in trailers for as long as i can remember. granted, end game specifically put in edited scenes that were never meant to be in the movie, but i don't know if i would call it a "scam"

Chukboomer is allergic to fun. It is known.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Isn't it more like the final cut of the movie isn't finished then the trailer is released?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

yeah, i know, nobody wants to know how the sausage is made. yeah, they do this in other films, but the MCU is probably the worst offender of this. this board has had discussions for pages over shit in MCU trailers thats not in the films and thats by design. we all thought Dr Strange in the No Way Home trailer was a variant of him because he acted so out of character in the trailer. it sparked our interests and made us want to see the film even more. great marketing, but its a dirty trick and what i would call misrepresentation. a scam.

j00t

Isn't it more like the final cut of the movie isn't finished then the trailer is released?
In most cases, yes. It's usually a case of showing whatever's finished enough to put out there, but there are specific mcu movies that put in shots that were never meant to be in the movie. Infinity war showing hulk fighting in wakanda that narratively couldn't have happened, endgame removing fat Thor from scenes, stuff like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
In most cases, yes. It's usually a case of showing whatever's finished enough to put out there, but there are specific mcu movies that put in shots that were never meant to be in the movie. Infinity war showing hulk fighting in wakanda that narratively couldn't have happened, endgame removing fat Thor from scenes, stuff like that.

Are those two examples because otherwise they'd be spoilers? E.g. Hulk scared to fight and fat thor being a weight loss thread moron?

j00t

Are those two examples because otherwise they'd be spoilers? E.g. Hulk scared to fight and fat thor being a weight loss thread moron?
Yeah basically. I mean I get why they did it, they wanted to show certain "cinematic" moments to get people hyped, but didn't want to give away certain plot points. I can see why that might bother people but ultimately I can't be offended because trailers that give away the movie are awful

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The movie used time travel to resolve the conflict. Not like that was something new or worth keeping secret. Oh wait. I know why they kept it on the down low.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Well it's confirmed this dude wont be returning

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user