Ant Man. July 2015

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
v1nI696.jpg

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Not knowing anything about this guy, and judging from the poster I would say, "Meh" but then again, I said the same thing about Guardians but I am really stoked to see it next week.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Excited about this, hope to see it do well, and he gets added to Avengers.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they are rebooting kolchak? thats even more depressing, men like darren mcgavin dont exist anymore, the closest thing is the guy who played j jonah jameson from raimi's spideman. that guy could pull it off.

Dis

Confirmed Male
I could care less. With the exception of Hulk (the one with Norton Jr. was pretty good though), Marvel Studios has an excellent track record. Ill be looking forward to AntMan.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean, it's still Marvel and it's still Paul Rudd as a superhero, you couldn't keep me away. But I really wanted to see what it was Edgar Wright had been fighting to make for 8+ years now.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
No offense to Wright, but Marvel is on such a roll lately it's hard for me to side against them without knowing the details.
Couldn't agree more. "Kenneth Branaugh doing Thor, wtf???" It was Gold. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until they start making bad movies.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Maybe I am not seeing what the fuss is all about? I loved Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but outside of those two I either have never seen those films, or they were just bad movies, not garbage, but not average either (The World's End & Scott Pilgrim). I just kind of mehed when I heard he left the project.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Scott Pilgrim was great.

The fuss is he's the only reason this movie even exists.

We had all this talk in the Marvel U thread so I'll just quote that as to why him leaving the project is disappointing to me.

But that's kind of the point. He was passionate about this project, and not in the Hollywood sense. He's been pushing for the chance to make this movie since 2006, 2 years before Iron Man even kicked off the MCU. He spent his own money to make a proof of concept Ant Man short thing on his own just to get Marvel to let him make this movie about a character they had no big plans for. He MADE Ant-Man happen as much as any single person possibly could.

And now he's off it. The fact you have some weird blind spot for his brilliance doesn't change the fact that this movie was his baby from before it was even really conceived. And now we are never going to get his version of the movie.

I have faith in Marvel. Theywillmake a good Ant Man movie. But I will never see the Ant-Man movie that Edgar Wright envisioned for the better part of a decade and fought for and finally got the backing and big budget to make. That is a God damned shame, and if you or anyone can't see or accept that the fault lies purely on you.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you tell em grim. edgar wright whether you love him or hate him, you have to admit he is passionate about his films. he doesnt make movies for x demographics, he makes films because he is excited about what he is doing and overworks the shit out of every one of his projects. there are so many easter eggs in scott pilgrim its fucking mindblowing.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I like the look of that poster. The more I see/learn about this movie, the more excited I get. Kind of the same thing happened with Guardians of the Galaxy, and at this point I'm practically pre-cumming to see it next week.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Maybe I am not seeing what the fuss is all about? I loved Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but outside of those two I either have never seen those films, or they were just bad movies, not garbage, but not average either (The World's End & Scott Pilgrim). I just kind of mehed when I heard he left the project.
Scott Pilgrim is an amazing movie you are beyond wrong.

Dis

Confirmed Male
Coo, I see what Grimm is talking about. As for Scott Pilgrim, I have seen it 3-4 times, and run across it from time to time near the end or the beginning. To each his own I guess, like I said not horrible or garbage, just did not win me over like I thought it would.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i see edgar wright to ant man as ppl see kevin smith to batman. and actually i think wright was doing scripts for antman starting in 2003 even. i personally never cared for antman, heck i don't think marvel does either, the way antman is treated in the ultimate universe is really comical.