Ant Man. July 2015

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I honestly have no idea who the fuck ant man is. Why was he so passionate about ant man? Is ant man some great story that just doesn't get mainstream credit or something?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Comics History 101: Who Is Ant-Man? - Comics History 101 - IGN Video

From the link up above.

No idea why he likes the idea so much. I think a lot of it is he just knows he could have done really cool fight scenes with the size changing power. Hence the out of pocket money he spent making a short proof of concept thing to convince Marvel the movie could work.
Thanks. I just figured there was some story on why he was so passionate about fucking ant man. Then again my comic knowledge ends when it looked like Image comics would pass Marvel.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I honestly have no idea who the fuck ant man is. Why was he so passionate about ant man? Is ant man some great story that just doesn't get mainstream credit or something?
He likes a superhero that isn't afraid to backhand a bitch

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
My problem with doing Ant Man in Phase 3 is that his role in the Avengers has already largely been co-opted by incorporating parts of his character into Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. They clearly know this which is why they are making Hank Pym old and using Scott Lang as the main character. I suppose he could fill a bit of the Spidey role as well as some of the 'reformed screwup' archetype...

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Obviously they'll retcon a relationship in between Hank Pym and Howard Stark like they've done every other character. Howard Stark has his hands in everything.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Scott Pilgrim was great.

The fuss is he's the only reason this movie even exists.

We had all this talk in the Marvel U thread so I'll just quote that as to why him leaving the project is disappointing to me.
This reply was to me when he originally posted it; before Grimm set me straight, I was of the opinion that I didn't give a shit either, but I can at least get it now. It does seem like a shame, in this light, to not see what Edgar Wright's vision for it was. I am hopeful that it will still be a great movie like all the others, but I get the disappointment, and now share it to a lesser extent.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
The reaction has been so huge that they have already announced a sequel (crossover)

saturday-night-live-superhero-party.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ant Man's greatest achievement was making Ultron. And they strip that from him with the next Avengers movie.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I heard a little more from some insiders as to why Edgar Wright is no longer associated with Ant-Man, despite it being his baby for countless years.

He actually tried to start this project way before Marvel officially took off with the various phases. Like before Iron Man 1 even. He wrote the script a long time ago with the movie being a stand alone entity, and was unwilling to change it to fit into the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" so that Ant-Man could be tied into the Avengers at some point down the line. He wanted a solo project and that's all. He wouldn't budge from that.

Marvel put their foot down and demanded it became part of the universe instead of a stand alone. I mean, every movie they do (Marvel based) has had the goal of becoming much more. He didn't like their demand, so decided to leave due to difference of opinion.

I'm sure they are going to keep the script almost completely the same, but add in a few things that will allow this movie to tie into the Marvel Universe as a whole. This way it all makes sense down the line.

For this reason I agree with Marvel in saying bye bye to Edgar Wright. Yes, he may be greatness, but you need to work with the team. There's a much bigger picture, and they plan on that picture being that they're putting up so much $$ for each film.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Paul Rudd will be cool with anyone. I wonder how many people he doesn't like that still get that smile.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Paul Rudd will be cool with anyone. I wonder how many people he doesn't like that still get that smile.
It's funny but every time I see "Good Guy Greg" I think it should be Paul Rudd. There's not a single person in the world who has met or worked with him that says anything other than how cool he is.

rrr_img_74301.jpg

faille

Molten Core Raider
It's probably just my comic book ignorance, but the mask reminds me too much of Starlords in Guardians.