Ant Man. July 2015

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
I should mention that I ended up seeing it in 3D too, and it was well done. However, the Star Wars preview in 3D was terrible and the action was confusing and hard to follow.
Totally agree, Antman was good in 3D, Star Wars was a mess and hurt my eyes.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I liked it well enough, but it seemed like it had some significant editing issues.

The foremost being, why was Stoll so crazy? Ithinkthe scene where Stoll atomizes his insufficiently mercenary lieutenant had to originally be later in the movie - 1)Why would Stoll be surprised when the test sheep got atomized, if he already knew and used the technology, and 2) Him going crazy from unshielded pym particles andthenatomizing the lieutenant hangs together logically better. I suspect test audiences didn't hate Stoll early enough, so the scene got moved up.

Then there's the weirdness at the end fight. It _looks_ like there were two different versions of the sequence that got mashed together, with strong suggestions that in one version, Yellowjacket ran out of pym particles and was stuck small until he defeated Ant-Man and took his particles (remember, Ant-Dog is created when Ant-Man throws grow-discs at YJ - why would that matter if YJ could just shrink again; the sole canister of YJ's gold-colored serum is given central prominence in a number of the helicopter scene shots, implying that was supposed to be important), but then all of a sudden he's big and threatening the daughter again.
A: I think that scene is just to show he's more than just a standard greedy guy. He's a killer. We also addressed the "crazy-how" thing earlier in thread, but I think theory is they cut out the fact you can get crazy by being exposed to them, not just using them and all his testing and obsession since taking over Pym made him crazy. I guess.

B: I think the yellow canister isn't as much a focus as the suit is. It's in the briefcase and the audience knows "oh, okay so he has it and can change into it." I think the canister is just there so neckbeards won't go "HOW CUMZ IT TAKES 4 LAZERZ WORTH TO SHRINK A SHEEP BUT HIS SUIT DOES IT ON ITS OWN!!11???!" It's just showing all the pieces of the working apparatus together.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
What was the second credit scene about when Captain American and Falcon had Winter Soldier in a warehouse and they were talking about getting Tony to help but then decided against it?

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
The second credit scene has Falcon telling Cap that he knows a guy. My guess is since they need someone who understands advanced tech to help with Winter Soldier that he is talking about Scott Lang (Ant-Man), not knowing that it is Hank Pym who is the tech guy. So in Civil War that is how Ant-Man will be used. So we will probably see both Lang and Pym on team Cap.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Just got back, loved it and the fact that moved it to the GotG end of the spectrum in terms of fun and jokes since that can't be the only franchise with that style.

Wasn't a fan of Ant-Man not being Hank Pym but makes some sense with the way they dealt with Wasp so will roll with it

The first credits scene with the reintroduction of Wasp just made me moist and it made sense given the build-up they gave Hope in terms of her skill-set. Sad we won't get a Wasp movie, but given they both should have been in Avengers 1 I'll take getting a two-hero movie going forward.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
What was the second credit scene about when Captain American and Falcon had Winter Soldier in a warehouse and they were talking about getting Tony to help but then decided against it?
Yeah, that was another thing that bugged me. As near as I can tell, that scene takes placeduringCaptain America 3 (I can't recall another Marvel teaser that jumpsintoanother movie), which doesn't just require the audience to know the other Marvel movies to understand it, but requires them to know what'sin developmentas well.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, that was another thing that bugged me. As near as I can tell, that scene takes placeduringCaptain America 3 (I can't recall another Marvel teaser that jumpsintoanother movie), which doesn't just require the audience to know the other Marvel movies to understand it, but requires them to know what'sin developmentas well.
That's a big assumption don't you think? I see it as explaining the development. The casual fan should be saying...Hmm wonder why cap and tony are not as close these days...of course A2 started down this path already.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's a big assumption don't you think? I see it as explaining the development. The casual fan should be saying...Hmm wonder why cap and tony are not as close these days...of course A2 started down this path already.
They also make reference to "The Accords" which is most likely the registration act or simile thereof. This doesn't mean it's happening during Cap 3 necessarily as Cap tasked Falcon at the end of Cap 2 to track down Bucky. It could be slightly before Cap 3.

Don't forget the end of Thor 1 had Selvig under Loki's control and/or disguised as Selvig with the Cosmic cube. That led directly into Avengers 1. Like the time between Avengers 1's beginning and that scene would probably be a few days or weeks in the universe.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Is there really that many people going to Ant-Man that sit to the very end of the credits that don't know what is going on in the MU?

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
They also make reference to "The Accords" which is most likely the registration act or simile thereof. This doesn't mean it's happening during Cap 3 necessarily as Cap tasked Falcon at the end of Cap 2 to track down Bucky. It could be slightly before Cap 3.

Don't forget the end of Thor 1 had Selvig under Loki's control and/or disguised as Selvig with the Cosmic cube. That led directly into Avengers 1. Like the time between Avengers 1's beginning and that scene would probably be a few days or weeks in the universe.
Actually they have stated that this is an actual scene from Captain America: Civil War.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Civil War has the potential to be the best Marvel movie yet, definitely. But Thanos better get the treatment he deserves in the infinity wars movies.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
One question I had:

They said Cross went crazy because of the Pym particles, but he had never been shrunk before. I know Pym's helmet protected his brain from the effects of the particles or whatever, but why would Cross be crazy? Was it his B-league Pym particles weren't as stable or something and just being AROUND them made him crazy? Seemed like a weird plot issue.

Also, will that pet ant now become smarter now that it's super-sized?!? Because people being shrunk makes them crazy and unstable, maybe that pet will be super intelligent!....for an ant.
I believe it was explained by Hank when he was talking about why he can't wear the suit anymore :

That apparently the process of refining the particles and exposure during that is what screws with your brain chemistry, not being shrunk/grown. As Baddie Mc Psychopath had been working in the lab for years trying to replicate Pym's original success and having so many near misses, he had probably Madame Curie'd himself in the process...

Saw the movie today with my wife (we were at a con this last weekend), and have to agree with her in that we both liked it more than Age of Ultron.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well in one of the animated Avengers movies, there was something to do with the pym particles causing damage to your body, Hank basically killed himself going big enough to deal with some big bad. Although that was getting bigger, not shrinking.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually sort of expected Scott to rescue Janet from the sub-atomic universe. If time and space have no meaning, then she could have been right there next to him. I figure Scott will remember or Hank will figure it out at some point, although Janet will be what, 20 years younger?

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
The second credit scene has Falcon telling Cap that he knows a guy. My guess is since they need someone who understands advanced tech to help with Winter Soldier that he is talking about Scott Lang (Ant-Man), not knowing that it is Hank Pym who is the tech guy. So in Civil War that is how Ant-Man will be used. So we will probably see both Lang and Pym on team Cap.
If its Pym or Lang they would not be on Stark's side. Always been rivals. Or could it be Black Panther? I kinda like the latter.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I actually sort of expected Scott to rescue Janet from the sub-atomic universe. If time and space have no meaning, then she could have been right there next to him. I figure Scott will remember or Hank will figure it out at some point, although Janet will be what, 20 years younger?
I'm just thinking that now Hank knows how to get out of quantum space he'll just go for one last mission and take 2 of the discs with him now that Scott and partner is established