Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I usually don't really give a fuck but goddamn did the Multicultural Pals really hit this game like a truck. Entire roster is women and minorities, with the one non-quota looking guy as the "bad guy"?

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure putting Apex in the list works since it is free to play

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I usually don't really give a fuck but goddamn did the Multicultural Pals really hit this game like a truck. Entire roster is women and minorities, with the one non-quota looking guy as the "bad guy"?

yeah its like 2 black girls (one is named bangalore but she looks african, that won't offend indians in any way i'm sure), 2 black guys, 1 emo goth ghost girl, i think a white guy altho he looks brown to me, and one guy fully covered up in a mask w/ a german accent (nazi!!!!!)

everyone does have skins but its 8 seperate classes really so if you really hate one of the looks but its the best class for your style.. suck 2 be u

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
super tl;dr

no solo play, 3 man squad auto match only

can be resurrected if you die, not just downed but like dead. there are rez-pods your team can take your body to

titanfall movement is gone, no double jump or wall run etc, some classes have a movement skill on a cooldown

some of the squad features are actually very good, such as group drop points, enemy/item tagging etc

it's basically Blackout CoD with 8 diversity hire characters, but it's free which is nice

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think they are making a mistake not having solo mode. But thats just my opinion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I bet it comes later. Get your foot in the door, then hit them with the features.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah no solo mode sucks, i don't wanna play in teams i'm a lone wolf! they seem super generous with loot, in both my games i died within like 5 mins and still got a level each time which awarded me a loot box which gave me a char skin, a weapon skin, and some crafting materials.

it didn't feel like titanfall 1 or 2 at ALL movement wise, which is a bummer i really liked the pilot movement in both games especially wall running, movement acceleration, etc. this feels much more call of duty-ish. shooting was decent on PC at least, felt pretty precise although its BR mode where if you get fucked with only pistols at your drop point its a bummer. tons of gear drops to pickup, not even sure what most of them do but i grabbed basically a smoke grenade which flooded a huge area with smoke.

seems fun enough especially for f2p, i am having lots of graphical glitches though might be because i'm on an old nvidia driver still

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Welcome to the start of complete exclusion of white male characters from new IPs.

• 2Picard
  • 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its cool you can bring your buddies back, instead of just spectating. Pretty much meaning you have to wipe the entire team or they can bring their dudes back. One dude can clutch it up for your team and bring the buds back. Adds a different flavor to the game

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the class abilities and item abilities are wild, there are some absolutely insane things to do like teleport rifts that are pretty wide range, massive death from above missile volleys, all the map marking abilities, etc. definitely seems to have a very, very high skill gap, I've seen so many different item pickups. Its a bit wild to make a battle royale game in that mode, i'm not sure how you would balance all the class abilities.

really, really fun so far to watch on stream, i feel like a retard playing though maybe its just on PC everyone is an FPS god

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Game feels and runs great, but yeah forced squads is meh. Also EA gonna go ham on boxes, this game will print money for them if they can release new legends often and do events like fortnite.

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
3 man forced squad is an odd choice. pubg and fortnite has probably created a lot of 4 man squads that regularly play together which makes it difficult for them switch to this. And without solo you wont have anywhere to go when randoms start bitching at you cause you picked the wrong hero.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
3 man forced squad is an odd choice. pubg and fortnite has probably created a lot of 4 man squads that regularly play together which makes it difficult for them switch to this. And without solo you wont have anywhere to go when randoms start bitching at you cause you picked the wrong hero.

Wow, forced 3 mans? The game is might be DOA. It looks fun as fuck though so it might overcome it.