Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Fucker

Log Wizard
Well so far it feels like it runs like shit. Mostly because I can't tell what FPS I get without a third party and the head-bob of running is fucking GOD AWFUL. The guns are not even close to balanced. Some are god-tier and some are completely worthless or completely worthless UNTIL you find the purple specialty mod. For instance I got a sniper with a 6-8x scope. Sounds good, right? No. It fires 3 bullets side-by-side at once and at 200m it hit a guy for 22 damage. But the mod makes all 3 hit in the same spot or vertically. Making it a viable gun. Most of the SMGs are shit. Some of the ARs are rough. Most LMGs are great. The snipers are shit. I had a longbow, hit a guy at 200m+. 55 damage. Why? It also drops like a rock past 150m. I think they're very anti sniper which is pretty much in feel with the Titanfall crew. They had some beast snipers, but it took a while to kit them out where they were really good.

Overall it needs a lot of work, but it's got a decent foundation. Weapon balance and maybe some UI/gameplay tinkering (like their fucking shit tier shield and healing menu) and it could be pretty fun.

It should run like blazes because the graphics are standard faire for 2006. No solo mode kills this type of game for me. Being forced to team up to get anything done at all is just bad news.

The game should be popular for a while because it's free.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Anyone figure out how to make sprint not stick on? I want to hold shift to sprint like any sane fps.

Also if I am reading this right, I have 1 kill. I played at least 3 hours haha. I typically did 350-400 damage a round. I guess teammates always revived the people I downed?

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
For a game that is going to live and die on it's ability to get people to buy skins and cosmetics it has pretty lackluster character design. Bunch of ugly people in padded clothes with pouches on them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
For a game that is going to live and die on it's ability to get people to buy skins and cosmetics it has pretty lackluster character design. Bunch of ugly people in padded clothes with pouches on them.

Pouch-concept-art-1.jpgPouch-concept-art-4.jpgPouch-concept-art-2.jpgPouch-concept-art-3.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm on about an 11 game streak of landing, can't find a goddamn thing, die to people with rifles within 30 seconds

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I am bad at BR games, like completely worthless and easily sniped. Having said that, I found this to be quite entertaining. The UX with the auto ping on weapons etc. shared with the team via HUD is just plain exceptional and the game played very fluidly. I may try and get some friends to play and see if we can be something other than awful.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I noticed something, when there's a jump and we are descending, or if there's a zipline. I will always fall short. Like if the jump lands on a ledge or on a ship, it will dump me 30 feet backwards and I'll fall.

Everyone else makes it fine

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Lost to a team just now and one of the players had 24000 damage

That didn't take long

Oh and gold armor is super amazing

Actually I watched them awhile, they weren't cheating. Like how do you get that much damage? They must have killed half the people in the game. Yea it says 21 kills. Must have dropped somewhere really busy.

I watched the whole game, they won, came down to a tiny circle. Wish it would show stats for the winners at the end.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
yeah the game on PC is gonna be pretty insane, you are gonna see people play solo (two teammates quit) and win and that'll piss even more people off. I'm gonna watch more than play until they implement solo Q.

on PC you can easily see FPS, all origin games have an FPS counter. Go to Origin settings from origins main menu (or shift-F1 in game), go to Origin in-game settings, and toggle Display FPS counter. Can even set its size and transparency. I was getting 80+ on a 1080 with almost everything maxxed out in 1440p. If you have gsync/freesync/etc I turned vsync off, not sure if thats better than adaptive. There hasn't been an nvidia driver update for this game either and I imagine that will help, I get weird texture bugs in game a lot.

I did find playing on PS4 a lot more relaxed and enjoyable. Consoles run at 60 fps (X/Pro anyways) so its pretty decent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Let's make a Titanfall-spinoff without any of the shit that made Titanfall fun.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
TF had a lot of walls and city buildings to do all the wall running and shit. This doesn’t have titans or anything like that. Aside from supposedly using the same universe everything else is irrelevant. The game for what it is - is fine. I thought a TF with no mechs sounded ridiculous but when you realize it’s not a TF game and the soldiers this used mechs aren’t even in the game then it makes sense. However if they were to include them or have the ability I think that would be pretty tits. However likely a balancing nightmare.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I installed this originally on my HDD because of space reasons, but I moved it to an SSD. Maybe that'll clean it up a bit. Watching Shroud play vs what I experienced was completely different. It might've been because I was Gibraltar who I believe has less movement speed than most all of the other Legends. Again though, the head bob is so fucking terrible and it really makes the game LOOK like it's stuttering. Especially with big fatty who moves slower so you're getting a headbob every 2 feet instead of every 10 feet.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I'm enjoying this one so far. It hardly seems Titanfall at all without the parkour or titans, but it is definitely a solid BR. They could have made it any game really, but I think they just wanted to use the IP as a drawing point.

The verticality of the world is a nice change of environment vs other BR's that are mostly flat maps with some buildings. They could have easily charged $20 or $30 for this and people would have bought it up. The fact that it's free is great. The only thing I think it really needs is solo and duo modes.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TF had a lot of walls and city buildings to do all the wall running and shit. This doesn’t have titans or anything like that. Aside from supposedly using the same universe everything else is irrelevant. The game for what it is - is fine. I thought a TF with no mechs sounded ridiculous but when you realize it’s not a TF game and the soldiers this used mechs aren’t even in the game then it makes sense. However if they were to include them or have the ability I think that would be pretty tits. However likely a balancing nightmare.
I could see them dropping in a Mech as a usable vehicle for a seasonal event, sorta like bring Thanos into Fortnite.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just watched Stone Mountain win back to back matches on this, seems fun. I'll probably give it a go.