Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've been absolutely murdering everyone. I switched my OBS encoder option so my GPU isn't taxed so I don't have massive FPS dips. Neato!

This is probably the funniest thing I've seen in this game so far. Just one of those moments. Wish I had it in 1080p so it was clearer:

Also never forget: Doors. They're your friend and your enemy!

The sound of the Devotion just winding up behind him. Terrifying for that poor guy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a sickness. Am constantly switching my mouse sens hoping to magically find the setting thatll allow me 10 kills per game. And thats dumb cause i cant face the fact am just bad.

I was actually murdering people in my cs days but hey, guess i got older too. My other main issue is back when pubg came out, i decided to remove mouse acceleration setting in windows. Call me retarded but i always, always played with it and my wrist just got used to it after years of playing fps. Kinda got used to a mouse with no accel, but i feel like i have nowhere near the precision i had with it on.

Worst of all, i play with my bro whos just murdering people. Hes ex-cs pro who played on stages and shit. Fucker racks up 15 kills per games on average and am always constantly lagging behind just trying to keep up with him, not even fighting cause when i arrive, the bitch cleared a squad solo.

Shit is actually super boring.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Xevy

Log Wizard
Big day of getting 3rd/4th/5th partied by sleaz lords triple wielding Wingmen and Peacekeepers with 3000 kills. Feels BR, man.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have a sickness. Am constantly switching my mouse sens hoping to magically find the setting thatll allow me 10 kills per game. And thats dumb cause i cant face the fact am just bad.
Funny you say this because halving my DPI and doubling my sensitivity was what actually made me start getting kills. The polling rate in this game is just way off, because of the shitty old engine.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Looks like the Battle Pass and Season 1 starts March 12th according to various reports.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not even close to enough to fix the fatties. Unless by "hitbox" adjustments they mean they shrunk them by 50%.

Gas nazi traps and ult need like a 50% area buff, not "about" 10%. Still useless for anything but bunker lulz.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Fuck the gas nazi, just annoying as fuck to have on your team.

The weapon nerfs sound decent.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would've liked to see a clip size reduction in the peacekeeper but I can live with fire rate reduction. They are so fucked with the current legends hitbox thing that until they completely redesign them they will still be useless.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Energy weapon changes are ass. Havoc is still a huge pile of shit and now it spawns fucking constantly. It's the new mozambique

Xevy

Log Wizard
Those are decent changes. Wingman is still going to fuck people up. It can't 2 shot anyone in purple armor anymore, but if you still ADS spam it it will shred people. I wonder how bad the hipfire will actually be. Peacekeeper could've been fine with a 4 magazine, but we'll see what the bolt shit does. It's still a free win if you get one after landing though as it 1 shots people with no armor. Energy weapons lul. They're okay, but ONLY with a Turbocharger and the lack of shit you can put on the Havoc attachment wise makes it sucky. Pathfinder passive not changed at all, so that's fucking dumb. Bangalore barely nerf, Lifeline mostly untouched (gold helmet/chest, OH NOOOO), and Wraith is still impossible to hit. I had a fucking crouch spamming Wraith earlier today. Imagine trying to hit that shit.

Been running Spitfire/Hemlock/301 and Eva-8 very successfully. I think it's more me playing Lifeline more than anything, but we won like 5-6 games today. At one point I think we had won 5 games in 3 hours, so very possibly won more than we lost.

Our squad is Wraith/Banglore/Lifeline all the time now, because that's what hitboxes make us do. A Bloodhound can work, but we always have a Wraith/Lifeline, so no cool smoke tricks for Blood.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Spitfire with a tier 2 let alone a tier 3 mag mod is just filthy. Probably my preferred gun after the EVA-8. Had a PUG player running double spitfires, was hilarious.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I'm playing on PS4 and my aiming is shitty, so I need to rely on the spray-and-pray guns. So for me R-99 is my favorite, especially since most people don't run light ammo so it's easier for me to pick up the mags and upgrades. 301 works as well early on. Then switch out to Spitfire (or Hipfire for me lol) if I find one. Other gun is shotty: Eva-8 early, then Peacekeeper if I have the Precision Choke.

Usually I'll play the flanker to close distance. I do best with Bangalore because of smoke grenade, but I main Lifeline to be group friendly. Then let loose with the high rpm guns and hopefully get the kill =) I'll never be good enough to use a Wingman, it's cool seeing others being so precise with it though.

Snipers in general need some sort of boost, because no one every really uses them that I see. Maybe more armor piercing or something. Also purple scopes should probably be colored green, while green/blue scopes should be purple. Everyone is conditioned to thinking purple is better, but when it comes to scopes those purple ones suck unless you are using a sniper gun. I love the 1x or 2x ones, and of course the digital threat. Took my newb ass a while to adjust to that as well.

Devotion with turbocharger is just fun to use, even if it isn't the most efficient, so if I'm lucky enough to find both near each other I'll rock that =)

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wingman still the correct choice even after the "nerf". Using anything else is really incorrect unfortunately.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I watched some videos of the 'nerfed' Wingman. Looks exactly the same to me. Hopefully them being rare helps. Though I've been laughing the last few days staring fucking idiots in the face just jiggling back and forth while they miss 10+ Wingman shots on me. Just because a gun is the best, doesn't mean it'll make people stop sucking.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I had a_skeleton_03 make two Apex voice channels in the FoH discord a few weeks ago. Jump in!

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Ran into my first hacker today finally. Throwaway jibberish name like zzppgtl or something. Shooting through smoke, trying to shoot through rock etc. Thankfully that feels pretty rare and I don't think it's a major concern yet.