WHY
IS
THE
CRASHING
GETTING
WORSE

I got 4 CTD no errors yesterday.

2 were during the final squad vs squad.

I've had similar. Lots of hot drops with a group. just didn't go well. Finally come out on top and have 8 kills, CTD... Also had a couple when game was down to the last few squads too. Imo this will be what hurts apex's popularity more than anything if it doesn't get under control.

While Apex wont' suffer as bad due to the sheer number of people playing atm. and people like Shroud boosting it's popularity on twitch. I've seen games go from solid amounts of players down to almost nothing because the devs wouldn't fix game breaking bugs for months. (looking at you, Ubisoft)

Stave

Potato del Grande
I CTD'd about 4 games in a row last night. Was extremely frustrated. This is a fucking Source Engine game ffs. The game seems to have little freezing hitches from time to time now too, when I never used to before. I have a beefy PC, and can play BF5 maxed out over 100fps, and many other games maxed out no problem. So I know it's not a hardware issue. I do run a mild OC on my GPU, so I removed that, and was able to play 2 matches last night without crashing. I will have to try more and see if that was what the problem was, or if I still crash. Pretty stupid though to have to remove a mild OC to play a game in 2019. Other than that, I have updated my drivers, and reinstalled the game, and it's on an SSD, so no clue.

Cybsled

Nvidia video card? It seems like everyone having the crash problem has Nvidia.

I have a Radeon and never experienced a CTD.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The person that crashes the most in my group has a Radeon.

The new Nvidia drivers increased performance a lot but did increase crashing a bit.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I have not had crash since a switched to full screen roughly two weeks ago. I am running the latest drivers on my 2080.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I'm only playing sparingly but have never crashed and using a 1070.
I usually max out at 4-5 matches in a sitting

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I hadn't ever crashed on a 1080 until about last week, now i've had maybe 6 total? Something is fucky though, usual drop partner has a radeon something or other and crashes like every third game.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hadn't ever crashed on a 1080 until about last week, now i've had maybe 6 total? Something is fucky though, usual drop partner has a radeon something or other and crashes like every third game.
Yeah that's very similar to one of the two people I play with.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Played after a 4ish day break. My controls felt completely off but I was fucking destroying people. Felt like my sens was 30000, but it was working I guess.

If you ever wondered what happens when you trade for the last kill of the game:

Some games you do well. Other games? You get Apex'd!

Edit: on further watching that 2nd clip, I do 35 Red, 60 Red, 7 Red, 7 Red, then kill her. 108 damage and not dead? Excuse me? And she wasn't using a kit or close enough to the bot. I didn't get the armor break either....very weird.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I had know idea Xevy was Tom Segura's older bro.

1552372178888.png

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck did I really spell "no" as "know"? I am so fucking sleep deprived because this fucking game.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Doubt it will happen but today is the "leaked" day for the release of the Battle Pass.

Stave

Potato del Grande

Thats what happened with me too and my 1080. Zero crashes since launch, then last week or so, every game or every other game, complete freeze of game and after a minute or so it just gets an application is not responding error. It started doing it on its own though, on the same drivers I used since launch, so I don't think it's a driver issue, as the same driver worked fine for weeks. I updated thinking that would fix it but it didn't help.

I haven't tried fullscreen yet, as I run two monitors and always have shit going on the second monitor, so I try to never run fullscreen in any game. I guess I can try that and see if it helps. I didn't get a chance to play last night so still not sure if turning off my minor GPU OC fixed the problem.

spronk

FPS noob
guess battle pass will be $9.50 according to reddit, releasing today, and give you a new character Octane

shRChyp.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user