Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As a lifeline I like to try to stay back while my team rushes. A fully kitted out Longbow or a Kraber can do 100+ dmg headshots. It's not bad though not always useful either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really enjoy the Longbow with just iron sights, and the Kraber is so satisfying when you manage that headshot, but I don't see myself ever really using a scoped sniper unless they give us a scoped sensitivity slider

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
The lack of fucking guns in a ton of buildings at the start of the game no matter WHERE you drop is fucking pissing me off. They must have changed this with the season 1 pass because I haven't played much since then but it is a constant now. I just want to land, get a gun, and either kill or die. Stop fucking this up EA.

Cybsled

Pay attention to where you land, though. Mid tier is going to have more crap.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You should just drop in with a P2020 and a 'beak. It's not like they do damage.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've played PUBG since release and this game feels like the most minimalist version of gameplay. The controls are incredibly smoothe, but you have very little health, ammo, and reticle.

It's a pretty tough learning curve.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I think, because it is minimalist, they have a good framework to build on.

But that said, hackers are rampant in this game and it is super frustrating. How do people enjoy doing it? It has to be so boring after a while

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They need to do some limited-time game modes. That was one thing I liked during the very brief time I played Fortnite. Things like Snipers Only, or the big team battles.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Guess they implemented a leaving penalty that puts a cooldown on your re-queue if you leave too m uch. So now you get stuck with the level 5's when you queue solo or face the consequences.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Why do you now have to hit escape instead of spacebar to move through the screens in the lobby? Lame...

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I just won champion of the game today. That was pretty awesome seeing me as the champion for the next game. Best game I have ever had. 6 kills and a full squad alive for the victory.

What was even better was when two random people showed up in the next squad and did whatever I told them to do as they were in awe they were playing with a champion and I got us all killed 45 seconds after dropping in the armory lol

• 1Like

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking hackers are why I don't play these games anymore. That and my shit 50 year old reflexes..

If you cheat in multi-player games you're a giant piece of shit and should fuck off.

Sad to see how fast these BR games get swarmed by them.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Patch 1.1.1 is out:

1.1.1 Patch Notes - Patch going live around 10am PST on 4/16
Before we get to the notes, we know there are some ongoing issues that have been frustrating you folks that didn’t make it into this patch. We are actively working on many improvements and we’re aware of the reports around audio issues, slow mo servers, hit registration, and more. I’ll provide more info when I can but know that we hear you folks and working hard to address this stuff. For 1.1.1 we’re introducing some balance adjustments for Legends and weapons, check out designer notes and info below:

Hey All,
Leeeeeee-RSPN here with RespawnSean, Jayfresh_Respawn & Scriptacus to give a quick update on live balance for Legends and weapons.

LEGEND BALANCING

https://i.redd.it/ywyv0v46cns21.png
At the start of Season 1, we previously talked about how our beloved Thicc Bois (Pathfinder, Gibraltar and Caustic) were getting crushed due to their hitbox size compared to other Legends. We first wanted to try adjusting hitboxes to better fit the model. For Pathfinder, this change worked very well. (Note: separately, we are actively investigating and working on fixing unrelated hit registration issues sometimes affecting all characters). However, after looking at the data and player feedback, Gibraltar and Caustic only improved slightly with the hitbox adjustments.
We don’t believe that hit box and character kit tuning is sufficient to bring Gibraltar and Caustic in line with their smaller competitors. Starting with Patch 1.1.1, Gibraltar and Caustic will get a new perk added to their passive -Fortified**, which reduces damage taken by 10%.** Over the week or two following this change, we will be watching how they perform with this additional protection and aggressively tune it if they are still underpowered relative to their size. Our goal is to ensure both Legends are viable picks by the end of this process.
Additionally, we’re also making a few quality of life kit adjustments to ensure their marquee abilities are a more impactful part of their individual playstyles.

CAUSTIC:
  • Fortified Passive Perk added: reduces damage taken by 10%
  • Gas Damage per tick increased: 1 -> 4
  • Ultimate Throw distance increased: 28 meters -> 33 meters
GIBRALTAR:
  • Fortified Passive Perk added: reduces damage taken by 10%
  • Gun Shield health increased: 50 -> 75

WEAPON BALANCING

https://i.redd.it/xpcfhubkcns21.png
On the weapons side of the equation, we’ve made a number of changes to try to improve the power of long range gameplay. We’re reducing leg shot damage reductions on sniper category weapons, so you’re not punished for landing inaccurate shots at long distances. Given the semi-auto and low damage nature of our current sniper suite, coupled with the general speed and evasiveness of many Legend kits, it already takes several challenging shots to down someone at range. Because of this difficult sniper environment, we’re also reducing general sniper weapon sway and hitting the DMR with a few targeted buffs to make it more viable to engage Legends at range.
Separately from the sniper category, we are nerfing the Spitfire a bit, but our goal is to still keep it strong, as it’s a rarer spawning weapon. The Wingman is receiving a few magazine size nerfs, so that it doesn’t dominate the stock gun vs. stock gun battle early on due to its super high damage per bullet. Lastly, the Havoc is getting some general ammo and charge beam buffs to bring it in line as a viable energy ammo AR that competes with the R-301 and Flatine/Hemlok. The end goal is that the Havoc pressures a player’s ability to find Energy ammo, but is less dependent on finding attachments, whereas the R-301 and Flatline/Hemlok have less ammo pressure, but a higher reliance on finding more attachments to achieve power.
  • G7 SCOUT / TRIPLE TAKE / LONGBOW DMR
    • Lowered leg shot damage reduction: 25% -> 10%
    • Reduced base weapon sway by about 33%
    • Reduced base sway speed by about 25%

• LONGBOW DMR
    • Increased fire rate 1.2 -> 1.6
    • Increased magazine size
      • Base mag increased: 5 -> 6 rounds
      • Common mag extender increased: 6 -> 8 rounds
      • Rare mag extender increased: 8 -> 10 rounds
      • Epic mag extender increased: 10 -> 12 rounds

• HAVOC
    • Increased base magazine size: 25 -> 32 rounds
    • Charge Beam
      • Reduced cost per shot: 5 -> 4
      • Increased close range damage: 55 -> 60
      • Increased damage at range: 45 -> 50
      • Close range damage falloff increased: 35m -> 75m
      • Ranged damage falloff increased: 75m -> 125m

• WINGMAN
    • Reduced magazine size
      • Base mag reduced: 6 -> 4 rounds
      • Common mag extender reduced: 8 -> 6 rounds
      • Rare mag extender reduced: 9 -> 8 rounds
      • Epic mag extender reduced: 12 -> 10 rounds

• SPITFIRE
    • Reduced base damage: 20 -> 18
    • Magazine extender attachments reduced
      • Common mag extender reduced: 45 -> 40 rounds
      • Rare mag extender reduced: 55 -> 45 rounds
      • Epic mag extender reduced: 60 -> 55 rounds

ADJUSTMENTS TO GOLD WEAPON ATTACHMENTS:
  • Gold Havoc
    • Now has Turbocharger
    • Now has 1x-2x variable holo site
  • Gold R301
    • Now has 1x-2x variable holo site
  • Gold Wingman
    • Now has digital threat

https://i.redd.it/dmale585dns21.png
BATTLE PASS XP BONUS EVENT:
In honor of Thicc-boi buffs, we’re going to be running a bonus Battle Pass XP event. From approximately 10AM PST 4/16 through approximately 10AM PST 4/18, your first Top 5 of the day (your squad places 5th or better in a match) will grant you 1 full bonus Battle Pass Level (29,500 BPP), up to a max of level 110. You can earn this once per day.
We’ll also be finding other moments during the season to add Battle Pass XP bonuses, so stay tuned!

ADDITIONAL CHANGES

https://i.redd.it/3enbdac2dns21.png
  • JUMP SHIP SPEED
    • Increased the speed of the ship by about 50%
      • We felt that the ship was moving a bit too slow after watching player behavior so we’re speeding it up so players that like to drop later in the flight path don’t have to wait so long.
  • BUG FIXES
    • Fixed UI bug where the wrong percentage would be displayed for all boost badges.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
First time in a slow-mo server that started in the character select screen and probably never ended. Wish I lived to keep playing. It's like playing Super Hot or some shit.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Patch notes look alright. The hit registration issue and hacking are probably #1 and #2 with #3 being the underwhelming season pass but at least it's some real changes for heroes that barely get played.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I love the last section of it basically saying "our players have severe ADHD so speeding up dropship might help so the moment that E button is available, 90% of the server doesn't jump out"

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I love the last section of it basically saying "our players have severe ADHD so speeding up dropship might help so the moment that E button is available, 90% of the server doesn't jump out"
Well, it was massively beneficial to drop sooner, unless you're the kind of faggot squad that just wants to pve the empty-half of the map and then 3rd-party the last fight of the match with all your leet purps.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Well, it was massively beneficial to drop sooner, unless you're the kind of faggot squad that just wants to pve the empty-half of the map and then 3rd-party the last fight of the match with all your leet purps.

Yeah. gotta rush them Mozambique/2020 kills early. It's only pve'ing the map + involvement in the last fight because the entire ship drops at the first available compound.