Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Cybsled

Does that do anything for anybody? New healer I guess?

Watson isn't a healer. She's a support hero. From what I recall, she can set electric fences that also ping the location of enemy players if they run through them. Her ultimate is basically a Trophy System from Blackout...it shoots all incoming explosives, including the artillery ultimates. She can also summon ultimate accelerants every couple min or something like that.

The giant leviathan monsters are now supposed to stomp around the map and the flying things you can apparently ride on for a bit.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Watson isn't a healer. She's a support hero. From what I recall, she can set electric fences that also ping the location of enemy players if they run through them. Her ultimate is basically a Trophy System from Blackout...it shoots all incoming explosives, including the artillery ultimates. She can also summon ultimate accelerants every couple min or something like that.

The giant leviathan monsters are now supposed to stomp around the map and the flying things you can apparently ride on for a bit.

Ok. Doesn't really answer my question though in that does that make you want to login to the game? S1 was so underwhelming and there's been nothing shown that makes me think S2 will be better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The trailer did nothing special in terms of hyping me up to log in. I'll see what they add. ATM I am having fun playing FO76's BR (when I'm not playing the new FFXIV xpac)

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Ok. Doesn't really answer my question though in that does that make you want to login to the game? S1 was so underwhelming and there's been nothing shown that makes me think S2 will be better.

Yeah, it was really light on details. We expect new legends and weapons, but what else is going to make me pay to play it? I can get the legend with points so I don't need to pay, so what is the draw? Just changing the map a little isn't going to do it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm back on it. Is fun except for the 3000000 Caustics trap-spamming during battles.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You should play with me on PS4 and we will win some games :)

(Or PC I have it on that too but play with a controller)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Once you just accept all high-ranked is going to be Caustic camping and 3rd partying, the game can be fun again! It's just like accepting diarrhea with fast food. You take the good with the bad.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Went on a winning streak this weekend. Took 4 out of 7 matches, top 3 the other 3.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
ABC had competitve Apex on tv yesterday. I turned it on for 5 seconds before having to put on Peppa Pig.

I thought Apex was dying off a bit after the initial rush. Guess they found a way to land some TV contracts.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Been winning 4-6 games per day. Usually about 2 quickplay for warm-ups and dailys and then the rest in ranked. Almost Diamond, not that it really means anything. I don't care to climb that high where the Caustic/Watson camp meta will break my soul.

My first (I think) double digit kill game. Pretty fucked up considering I have several 1800+ games and a 2400 damage game the other day, but usually I knock people and they just get rezzed or stolen.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like playing unranked because it's not just fucking house campers nonstop, but man. People do the dumbest shit. And often they pay for it.

Sometimes it's not about winning, but making sure some one else doesn't win:

Xevy

Log Wizard

Solo mode. So now everyone who complains about bad teammates can get 3rd partied 200% more!

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
TWO hackers yesterday in ~8 hours of playtime in quickplay. These are just the ones that killed me, I'm sure there were more and I may even have killed some. Doesn't bode well for Solos. A third guy I thought was hacking so I spectated him and he ended up with 14 kills, but I didn't think he was cheating at the end, just really good. Apparently he was really good. He's some 18 year old who just signed on with a pro-team. He was streaming his game too and then streamed him doing FPS training. He was just really good.

One of the hackers was like lvl 7 and the other one had like 5k+ kills. So that dude has been at it for a while or he just grabbed an ez cheat.

spronk

FPS noob
apex gets a solo mode tomorrow, but its limited time 2 weeks only even thingie