Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game is pretty fucking amazing. The ping system is amazing. The loot system is amazing. The map is pretty nice. I wish the structures were a bit more varied other then standard metal crate slum from the future but its fine.

Best characters IMO are Bloodhound/Wraith/Bangalore. Although I haven't gotten to try the two unlockable ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Got my first "Wraith main" comment yesterday asking me not to pick her. Just a taste of what to look forward to in a few weeks....

Watching Moon play Pathfinder is really fun, he is great at zipping around and flanking. If I had the aim to back it up I would play that hero more.

Origin ID is M-Chords, i'll invite some folks when I get a chance later.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'd say one of the strongest if not the strongest characters is Lifeline. She is all around good. Awesome Ult, Heals, Shielded rez. Great for team play.

Bangalore and Bloodhound are also great for team play. Wraith and Pathfinder are great when the player knows how to use them. The big Samoan dude hasn't wow'd me yet. Haven't really dealt with a Nox player yet but the clone guy got me good one game.

nu_11

I think Bangalore is a must for any serious team. The smokes are critical for offensive and defensive uses, and you get TWO charges.

Wraith is your typical pub stomper.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Every pug Bangalore player I've played with (weirdly most pugs) has never used more than 1 smoke a game. This is classic FPS players coming into a tactical shooter. They're all shooty shooty and forget they have other abilities. We saw it when CS people came into OW and then all played Widow/McCree and got dicked on by Genjis and the like who had full kits. Now it's all people looking to use one passive or one ult and leaving everything else behind.

Moon on Pathfinder is amazing to watch. If he had an aggro squad of his streamer bros with him he'd probably be Shrouding everyone. I think he knows half the fun of viewership is seeing what duds he can carry and watching him rage when they let him down (or vice versa). Hopefully he'll start grappling people instead of walls and shotgunning them in the face. Great twitch clips from that.

I only play Gibraltar right now. My team is ~3 other people who rotate in and are usually Caustic/Pathfinder, Lifeline/Mirage, or Bangalore. Gibraltar kind of sucks, but his shield dome is crucial in certain situations. Especially area denial. The real problem is Peacekeeper is fully meta so as soon as you place a shield bubble it basically invites every shotgunner on the opposing team to rush you. Also his arm shield seems pretty much pointless. I think if you squat it's theoretically an extra 100 shield, but it never seems to work that way. And you're a true tank and getting focused by 2+ people every time. His ult is very much worth it though. Also great area denial and I've won a game just by watching the choke holds at the end circle (they love their fucking canyons) and placing a well timed air strike on it.

Caustic seems to synergize really well with Bloodhound (gas + sight) or with a target finder scope. Same with Bangalore + Bloodhound. Get in the mix, drop a smoke, let Bloodhound light them up. Ez pickings if they pushed out of cover. Caustic also has booby traps which can alert you to people sneaking behind you. Think he's allowed 6(?) cannisters on the map so you can really set up a nice perimeter.

Mirage is great against bads. I mean his ult is kind of dumb and while he's invis he can't really do much except move. Can't rez teammates, can't use a respawn beacon, can't do much. His bamboozle being low CD is really nice, but again he's mostly for baiting dumbs. Any time I see a mirage running in a straight line I wait for them to zig or zag before I shoot them.

Definitely needs some love for characters like Gibraltar or Pathfinder, but the other characters aren't OP by any sense. In fact, if Lifeline is using a healbot while fighting next to you, saddle the fuck up! It'll heal you too! Pretty interesting they thought about that. Nothing like killing a lifeline then using its deployed healbot to top off. The ultimate disrespect.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Problem with Gibraltar is he's slow as fuck and big as fuck. If those abilities were on a faster smaller target he'd be pretty damn good though. The speed reduction on the tanks is way to much. The fact that they have huge hitbox should be enough of a disadvantage. Do they have a larger health pool or something?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
10 million players in 72 hours. 1 million concurrently.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I unlocked the toxic guy and I have to say that tanks in this game are absolute garbage. Slow as fuck, big target. I mean they are ok in close quarters and that is about it. Going to avoid them for now.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is Gibralter's hitbox actually bigger? That sucks. Explains a lot too.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought mirage ult was actually invisiblity, but you are still on the screen as like a blue glowing shape, so easy to shoot still(As the clones look normal and don't move). I dunno his ult seems really lacklaster. Same like wraith's Q, you are a blue/purple streak, so pretty easy to follow if you keep sight. But I guess pure 100% invisibility would be pretty OP. At least with wraith's you are invul, mirage can still be shot while moving in his ult.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm savin my money for future stuff. Maybe they will make someone with a shield drone like lifeline's health drone.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This might be the best EA game in 3-4 years. Which is totally not saying much.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Downloading it right now. I am hearing a lot of good things about this game.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If you're on the origin friends list it shows everyone who's playing just like the Bnet launcher. I need more people to play with so add Hekotat.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm pretty mediocre+ at this game so far. Definitely once you figure out what guns and how to use them it's wayyyyyy better. Their fucking "duck instead of crouch because you were at 90% sprint speed" bullshit is INFURIATING BEYOND BELIEF though. COD at least has a separate "slide" and "toggle crouch" button. So fucking annoying, turning, starting to run, then just ducking to get lit in the fucking bunghole.

Melee's are pretty fucking decent in this game. They do 30 damage and stagger their target.

And they look awesome

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Cybsled on Origin as well if folks want to add

Got into a top 3 /w randos. We probably could have won, but we got sandwiched between 2 teams /w crap cover on one of the final circles.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least they are smart and they have seasons and battle pass stuff either ready to go or being worked on, apparently. Fortnite model is great as it keeps people around and not just the ones that spend stupid amounts in the store.

Now what they should do is link some rewards between anthem and this game. Get people double dipping that were not already going to.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Skins are stupid in this game, they're barely noticeable for the 30 seconds per round that you actually see your opponents up close. I'm not sure what they're really going to do for cosmetics to draw people into a battlepass.

• 1Like