Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Melee's are pretty fucking decent in this game. They do 30 damage and stagger their target.
Punching people off the supply ship is also fucking hilarious. Doesn't kill them but it's funny.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
Skins are stupid in this game, they're barely noticeable for the 30 seconds per round that you actually see your opponents up close. I'm not sure what they're really going to do for cosmetics to draw people into a battlepass.

Yeah they are pretty underwhelming. They are going to have to step it up a notch if they want to rely on whales buying skins to make them bank.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah they are pretty underwhelming. They are going to have to step it up a notch if they want to rely on whales buying skins to make them bank.
I don't see their monetization working out for this. It's not third person, so you can't even see your own skins very much. They're going to have to make lots of heroes and sell them.

Cybsled

The fatalities could be a good draw, though. Some of them are pretty sick. Lifeline does a lethal injection into their neck, then closes the person's eyes with her hand lol

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
The banners and trackers are a pretty good idea too. They could create a pregame lobby as well, right now all I get is a black screen, although it barely lasts a few seconds so that might not work. They could emphasize the intros, make end of the game highlight reels, something like what Overwatch does.They have options, but step 1 would be to make some shit that doesn't suck cause right now there skins are pretty garbage.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Played a match last night, beautiful game and well set up. I played with some randos with mediocre results. Teaming up with a consistent crew could be really fun.

Though part of me just thinks this is another shooter with all the same abilities I've seen, and is just a shadow of what it could be if it the characters had the mobility that PC shooters used to have. I started playing Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II this week because I had never played it and playing AL last night I just felt so sluggish.

I'll be on this weekend looking for some matches while I learn the ropes though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Watched some of this last night. Had not even heard of it until yesterday. Respawn did a great job with Titanfall 2. It didn't get enough attention in my opinion. I don't really play BR but this looks pretty slick.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This is so much better than Fortnite it's astounding to me the latter is as popular as it is. I can see this blowing up if they continue to add new characters, a new map every 6 months, etc... These games aren't really my cup of tea but this one is well done.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
My youngest (just turned 12) was a Fortnite kiddo. Used his money to buy skins and shit. He uninstalled it a month ago and hasn't looked back. He owns noobs in Overwatch now but I bet he will end up playing this. Actually,

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
You know it's a good game when you play for 3 hours and as a team you get 4 kills and still had fun. My teammates had never played (one didn't even do the tutorial, ugh) before last night. Still a good time, and consistently in the top 10 due to being smart about jumping and not just sprinting all over the map.

That last point is such a double edged sword though, because we'd start to sprawl in encampments or turtle in areas and experienced fireteams would rake over us and we'd stupidly run over to help a teammate and just get taken out by pairs or trios working better together.

Only so much you can do when we're noobs and one is playing w/ a controller on PC.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
On the performance of Apex Legends, EA's stock has rebounded past their pre-earnings price.

• 1Worf

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Game is a lot of fun but others have said, they'll have to keep it going to and not make traditional EA decisions to mess everything up.

You're not going to dethrone Fortnite but I do think there are a lot of players that would like to play something else. Fortnite is working hard to not let too many players off the hook though. They're got some stuff coming down the line and some that have already been announced/released to keep their people plugged in. However, there are plenty of gamers to go around if they want to capture a bunch of them.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This game is pretty fucking amazing. The ping system is amazing. The loot system is amazing. The map is pretty nice. I wish the structures were a bit more varied other then standard metal crate slum from the future but its fine.

Best characters IMO are Bloodhound/Wraith/Bangalore. Although I haven't gotten to try the two unlockable ones.

Kinda funny but that is pretty much what makes it look/feel like a titanfall universe game. That is their common throw something up fast base architecture which looks like a lot of scifi habitable shipping crates.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This is so much better than Fortnite it's astounding to me the latter is as popular as it is. I can see this blowing up if they continue to add new characters, a new map every 6 months, etc... These games aren't really my cup of tea but this one is well done.

I was watching this game last night but I haven't downloaded or played it yet. Maybe this weekend I'll try it out.
It does have elements I like. Just from viewing streams some of the pros/cons I see:

Cons first since the list is short:
- Heroes look like shit
- Lack of heroes.
- It's an EA game

That's basically it for my cons so far.

Pros:
- Built for teams, like MOBAs. Team games are infinitely better than solo imo. The PUBG/Fortnite Solo modes are too sweaty and don't appeal to a large majority of people.

- Distinct Characters/Classes. I prefer class systems rather than classless characters (like PUBG/FN). It adds a strategic element that can eliminate some of the "twitch" effect of a standard shooter game. I just can't compete in normal FPS games if it always comes down to gunplay.

- Although characters look like shit, the environment & UI look clean. (Except for some minor details). Looks very crisp and even the streams I watched looked very impressive, even after the video compression.

- I assume there's a Ranking system? Which is one debatable feature FN is lacking.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FoH_Sludig

Need someone to play with, while I'm still learning, pubs are even worse. Only one with comms so far. Certainly faster paced then I was used to, though had a blast sniper whoring last round picked off 3-4 people instantly quadrupling my kills so far in the game. (Started today)

Fucker

Log Wizard
TIL speculators don't realize 99% of BR's tank after a month

I like how he says this game is saving EA...but the fucking game is FREE. It has unexciting cash shop options that I bet will do little for the bottom line.

• 1Like