Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like how he says this game is saving EA...but the fucking game is FREE. It has unexciting cash shop options that I bet will do little for the bottom line.

Hasn't stopped people from dropping stupid amounts of money into it. When you see level 1s with fully outfitted characters. Never under estimate consumers.

Probably get a good chunk of money also if it stays popular enough for when their battle pass/seasons rolls in. Figure probably be $10 a month(if EA doesn't get greedy) and just need a few million to buy it. Just has to last that long, which is supposedly around march, so gonna be rough keeping people hooked or bringing them back.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hasn't stopped people from dropping stupid amounts of money into it. When you see level 1s with fully outfitted characters. Never under estimate consumers.

I keep forgetting about these people. I knew someone that spent $1k+ on Farmville.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm suprised you cant just go round to round with your pubs if you find someone you like. And ditto no quick and easy friend request other than writing down name and adding it via origin?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This is so much better than Fortnite it's astounding to me the latter is as popular as it is. I can see this blowing up if they continue to add new characters, a new map every 6 months, etc... These games aren't really my cup of tea but this one is well done.

Everytime I check Twitch Apex is 100K plus viewers higher than fortnight so it must be doing something right.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fucking hell, been watching ninja and shroud a bit tonight... it’s like they’re playing two different games. Shroud is unbelievable at this game

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can't just build your way out of getting shot or to heal/armor up :p Why I could never get into fornite too much reliance on being able to just spam structures like your on speed. I'm fine with base building games, but obviously I found out I don't like just spaz building mid pvp.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Fucking hell, been watching ninja and shroud a bit tonight... it’s like they’re playing two different games. Shroud is unbelievable at this game

He is a pro player who was testing the game for months. It would be surprising if he wasn't practically the best player.

nu_11

I never played PUBG or Fortnite. I usually don't like FPS games.

I've played this game for 3 days... it's alright. Still not my kind of game. The map and the gameplay feel repetitive at this point.

DOTA 2 has the same map but there are like 100+ heroes to choose. Every DOTA 2 game feels unique. I can't say the same for Battle Royale games, at least this one.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I played 2 matches, its pretty good, very responsive. I'm not sure if its going to be my cup of tea but will play more. After 2 games I logged off to play some LoL. My gunplay is shit and I don't feel like getting steamrolled rest of the night. The game might have legs, we'll see.

My IGN is Ravishingx

Sludig

Seems almost no point in banner respawning starting naked.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems almost no point in banner respawning starting naked.

I mean it makes sense. You gear is in your box where you died and is probably half looted at least. I actually like that death is not necessarily game over, I literally just finished a game where my 2 partners died, I snuck around the base and came back to their corpse(long after killers had looted and moved on), grabbed beacon, ran to a spawn away from the action, they re-looted in a town and we won.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Had a great bug where I got to play solo! But still had to wait for character select to go through 2 blanks.

Edit: Had the bug twice now in the span of 5 games.

Last edited: