Apex Legends new free to play battle royale game from Respawn

Xevy

Log Wizard
Apparently the competitive mode is fucked by hackers. DDoS attacks on individual lobbies more often than not and all the usual infinite ammo/ESP/Aimbot shenanigans. Another reason I hate ever dipping my toes into competitive versions of FPS games, because of shit like that. Definitely happens in normal lobbies too, but the 17 year olds doing it think it generates more rage if they do it in comp so I'm mostly safe in softcore.

Now I just have to deal with 25% (VERY close to the actual number, btw) of my random squadmates ragequitting when they're knocked or executed. The best is the TTV names who get knocked rushing a team solo and quit. With that sort of gameplay and patience they'll be the next Shroud soon enough!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yep just happened again, could even see my teammate shooting at nothing. When I went down they appeared in front of me like magic

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I haven't come across an invisible player but I did get put into two solo ranked matches last night which fucking sucks. Bottomed out my RP after just getting gold. Some people melt me at what seem like impossible speeds which makes me think I've come across some aim-botting as well. But I haven't played long enough to say for sure. I bet hacks are gonna get ramped up even more with the announcement of ranked arena.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Another reason I hate ever dipping my toes into competitive versions of FPS games, because of shit like that. Definitely happens in normal lobbies too, but the 17 year olds doing it think it generates more rage if they do it in comp so I'm mostly safe in softcore.
Yeah, my buddy and I went pretty hard in the paint on ranked when season 9 dropped and got to Diamond before the cheating, DDoSing, etc. just got to a point where we were frustrated far more than we were having fun.

It's so sad how difficult it is to enjoy a competitive, modern FPS game nowadays. Cheating is just so fucking rampant and commonplace. I think a lot of the blame lies at the feet of F2P and how easy it is to spin up a new account even if one gets banned.

Cybsled

Competitive FPS feels like a time limited thing - you only have a very limited time with "legit" competition because cheaters eventually crack the thing open and every no-skill shitter who wants to be Shroud buys some scripts or programs to let them dunk on an entire lobby.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yesterday was the last day. Played almost 6 hours, got 1 win with randoms. Didn't notice any hackers or laggy lobbies, just shitty players. Haven't checked what the new event is. Next season is August 14th I think? With new hero who is like a demi caustic/bloodhound mix.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
And now two devs have been fired at Respawn over the things they posted on social media nearly 15 years ago.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL gaming will die because of this bullshit. Everything this cancer touches gets ruined. when will people realize this?

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
1597760223163.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Honestly makes me not want to play the game anymore to support this shit financially. But I have not spent a dime on this since every season I can buy the new hero and season pass with saved up rewards from the previous season.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This game has been a dumpster fire almost the entire way through because they refuse to get a handle on hacking/exploits and their servers are total dogshit.

A buddy and I went hardcore tryhard on this in S08 and regret every moment of it. The competitive scene for this game is awful.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The problem is that nothing they added to the game made it any better at any point. The original map was still the best map, the original classes were all fine, the weapons were fine.

They could have just stuck with the original shit and made a bunch of performance improvements instead of content additions.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
The original map has memberberry itis. They brought it back recently, in its unchanged original form. You know what? It wasn't that great. Some of the improvements, not all, but a lot of them made it a better map. I think people would also say Olympus is the best of the three maps now as there's a lot less clutter and house hiding.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I recently got back into this since Warzone sucks lately. I forgot how much fun this game is and it feels to me it has gotten even better. For reference last time I played was before season 1 was released. Now it's on season 10! Utnayan Utnayan Do you still play this?

• 1Truth!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I recently got back into this since Warzone sucks lately. I forgot how much fun this game is and it feels to me it has gotten even better. For reference last time I played was before season 1 was released. Now it's on season 10! Utnayan Utnayan Do you still play this?
Yep all the time! :) I can invite you to the clan. “The lushes”.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Gator Gator is now part of the lushes. If anyone plays on Xbox or PS let me know. You can become one of us and play with the dynamic madmen.

Best champion I have ever had in duos. What happened was outright hilarious. I’m going to bed but if Gator Gator hasnt told the story yet by the time I wake up I won’t leave anyone in suspense.

• 1Like