Apple announces new Mac Pro with a $5K monitor and a $1K monitor stand

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Post production companies don't overpay for everything, the margins are tight for small/mediium outfits. If they overpaid for everything their wouldn't be dedicated server farms operating specifically for the film industry, they'd be rendering everything in house on 4k+ cores.

Like anything creative, it's a very competitive industry so every penny counts.
Small / medium outfits also rent their equipment. I'm talking the big players that can buy a million+ dollars of new equip for each new project.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
How many will be sold without a stand? Like trying to buy a shop truck without power locks and windows, cheaper to just buy it with it. Kind of suprised they don't roll it into the price and just make it $6k.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
How many will be sold without a stand? Like trying to buy a shop truck without power locks and windows, cheaper to just buy it with it. Kind of suprised they don't roll it into the price and just make it $6k.
I think that is the real mind boggling part. If they had just included it and said 6k monitor, no one would blink

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
For 999$ i could buy an Ethiopian family to hold my monitor.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users