Apple TV+ thread

spronk

FPS noob
not made for this crew but the cast is insane, pretty sure its gonna be one of those "little vignettes that make absolutely no sense put together"

1676473597530.png

The Americans reunion, my girl Bix from Andor, Hulk, Spidey...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
First episode was decent. Will keep watching it.
Me and my girl have been enjoying this a lot. It's obvious that Jason's character would've been fired like 3 episodes ago and it has "woke" moments, but a lot of the show cracks me the fuck up. Harrison Ford's sarcasm reminds me so much of myself.

Goatface

for a min, thought they were going to bring back the other show, not confusing at all

1683425177884.png

Dark Matter
Based on the novel of the same name by Blake Crouch, who also serves as showrunner, the sci-fi series will be led by Joel Edgerton, who plays Jason Dessen

The upcoming Apple TV+ sci-fi series, ‘Dark Matter’ has officially finished filming this week, just in time without any disruption due to the WGA strike. The nine-episode sci-fi thriller ‘Dark Matter’ began filming on September 29, 2022, in Chicago, Illinois, and has taken seven months to officially wrap it up.

Apple TV+ must be feeling a sigh of relief as the production was completed without any issues. Another original Severance has suffered some production issues lately during the filming of its second season, while Loot Season 2 production has been shut down after disruptions caused by the WGA strike.

The series will follow Jason Dessen, a physicist, professor, and family man who gets swept away into another version of his life while walking home one night on the streets of Chicago. When he attempts to return to his world amid the multitude of lives he may have lived, his awe swiftly turns to terror. He embarks on a perilous adventure to reconcile with his rightful family and save them from the most fearsome and unbeatable foe imaginable: himself.

Joel Edgerton is leading the series as Jason Dessen, while Jennifer Connelly is starring as his wife Daniela Dessen. The cast also includes Alice Braga as Amanda, Jimmi Simpson as Ryan, Oakes Fegley as Charlie Dessen, Dayo Okeniyi as Leighton, and Amanda Brugel as Blaire.

With filming just wrapping up, it is unlikely that we will get any official update from Apple anytime soon. However, seeing that post-production will take another 7-8 months, we can expect Dark Matter to release sometime in Summer 2024.

In the series, Jason Dessen, a quantum physicist, was previously on track for a brilliant research career. However, this future was derailed by his girlfriend's unexpected pregnancy and the birth of a son. Now a professor at a tiny Chicago college with a warm and loving family life, the physicist is abducted into a universe in which his quantum many-worlds theory has become a fully realized technology for inter-dimensional transport. In the alternative universe, he never married his fiancée, and they never had a son. He is determined to reclaim his former life, but unscrupulous forces in an alternate reality conspire to prevent him from revealing the criminal lengths they went to construct the world-hopping technology.

“Dark Matter” is executive produced by Matt Tolmach and David Manpearl for Matt Tolmach Productions. Joel Edgerton also serves as executive producer. The series is based on the novel by Blake Crouch, who has also written the pilot script and served as showrunner and executive producer on the series, and Jakob Verbruggen has directed the first three episodes.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Need to let this brew a few more years. Then sub for a month or two and binge the shit out of it. Most of the stuff they have is only like a season or less deep.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Need to let this brew a few more years. Then sub for a month or two and binge the shit out of it. Most of the stuff they have is only like a season or less deep.
That is where I am at. I could get a free month from Roku but I have been waiting for something that really interests me. So far everything has been a little interesting but there has not been anything that has grabbed me yet.

Juvarisx

Florida
not made for this crew but the cast is insane, pretty sure its gonna be one of those "little vignettes that make absolutely no sense put together"

View attachment 458881

The Americans reunion, my girl Bix from Andor, Hulk, Spidey...

Woo now there is a bump. This shit was terrible...I wanted to like it and man was everyone in it but it didn't work. Wouldn't convince a denier of anything and was too lite for a believer to care. The India stuff was neat because it had a cohesive vision of the future for that part of the world, but ironically the part we live in wasn't fleshed out at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The hilarious part was the water levels rising since that's just completely retarded.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This is back next week, releasing weekly through October.

Oldbased

> Than U
Now I know why they gave out 2 free months to new and returning customers.
Finch and Greyhound are still top 10 movies and were available last time I had Apple+ back in like Jan or something.
Literally no new content other than Silo in 6 months that I can see.
Invasion season 2 comes later this month but lul.

spronk

FPS noob
hijack is on there and is supposed to be decent
s2 of foundation too but i haven't watched (s1 was trash)
theres a couple seasons of slow horses with gary oldman about MI5, haven't watched
mythic quest

and the biggie is Killers of the Flower Moon, directed by Scorsese and starring DiCaprio and Robert De Niro out Oct 20th on Apple TV+ and Napoleon, Ridley Scott's movie starring Joker

Juvarisx

Florida
Slow Horses is funny, well written, and has Gary Oldman, watch it immediately.
Black Bird with Taron Egerton and Ray Liotta is a homerun
Silo
Shrinking - Grumpy Harrison Ford rules
Hijack is kinda dumb, but entertaining dumb like 24
For All Mankind if you havent seen it yet is worth the watch

then as spronk said, Killers of the Flower Moon and Napoleon in the next couple months

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Apple has a ton of good stuff. It just flies under the radar and isnt advertised much. Even Ted Lasso was mostly word of mouth for a long time. I havent been letdown by any of their original shows yet.

• 1Solidarity