Archeage

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sorcery has a kinda permanent buff that increases stealth detection a lot. Also buffs your armor a fairly large amount, but drops after it mitigates a certain amount of damage(a kinda low amount, but it's great to reduce a large initial hit, say, from a stealther). Other than that stealth works like wow, where it's proximity based, facing based and level based(important one, if the guy is 50 and you're 30, he can probably make a BBQ in front of you and you wouldn't notice until you he pokes you with the sticks). Other than that nothing really but PvP cloaks get you out of opening CC chains if you react quickly. That said the ganker pretty much always has an advantage and stealth is pretty strong in general. If you plan on soloing a lot you probably want to make a build that has shadowplay. Other than healers, you can make any of the common archetypes with it though, melee, archer and mage. Healers you probably wouldn't take stealth, but you probably wouldn't solo a healer either.
I had no problem soloing as a healer and really only died to ganks when it was some level 50 and I was like 33 at the time. Once I hit late 30s early 40s I could survive most ganks no problem, even from 2 people as a healer, even more so if I happened to see the stealther right before he opened and hit my anti KD(Since you cant do it mid CC like you can the Anti stun).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can you stealth in combat if you are out of visible range?
Iirc Yes and don't even need to be out of visible range, you can stealth right away if you want. Obviously you don't want to be on top of them though or they just see you.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Iirc Yes and don't even need to be out of visible range, you can stealth right away if you want. Obviously you don't want to be on top of them though or they just see you.
Hmmmm... I could imagine an aura/vita/shadow healer being quite effective then, no?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For what? I dunno as a healer its pretty much assumed you will be with others. I don't see stealth being that important as a healer role, even while leveling I wouldn't bother, rather level up witch or protection.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't see it for a healer, you are casting constantly, and stealth iirc is 45 second CD. Stealth is more for dps initiators imo, especially solo/gank. You are going to stealth and then almost immediately drop it to heal someone, unlike dps who stealths and moves around to find and initiate on another target.

I'd rather have the protection/witchcraft trees and their tools/passives then taking calling for stealth.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
This game has so much potential...

Becoming a Pirate:

PvP Method

This is by far the least used method, but you can head out to a high level zone and toggle bloodlust (ctrl-f) to start killing level 50 players. If you follow faction chat this is considered the "true" way to go pirate.Grief Method

Similar to the "PvP Method" except you head to a lower level zone and smash lowbies. This method is typically faster, but it will pollute faction chat with tears and rage.Potato Method

The safest way to go Pirate is to get a friend and you both steal each others crops. First you need to make sure you are not in the same "Family" both purchase 1,000 potato eyes, and head off to a secluded spot in a safe zone. Plant all the crops, let them mature (takes 10 mins) and then uproot eachothers plants. Uprooting fully grown potato plants take 1 labor and when reported gives 3 infamy. This takes a couple hours to do, but it is better than sitting afk in jail.

When you become a Pirate you are expelled from your original Faction. This has a few immediate effects on your character;

• You are immediately removed from your guild.
  • You are KoS to all non-Pirates, this includes NPCs (even Neutral Guards).
  • You can no longer whisper non-pirates.
  • Dying to PvP on the Southern Continents will land you in jail for 40 minutes.
  • Pirates do not have access to Specialty Workbenches.
  • You can not be in non-pirate guilds, groups or raids.
  • Pirates can not claim regions and own castles on Auroria.

why.png

At this point you are probably wondering what could a life of Piracy offer to offset the negative effects listed above. Now I agree these setbacks can be inconvenient at times, but it is well worth it to some players.

• You can now openly kill Nuians and Haranyans without gaining crime or infamy.
  • No jail time as long as you die on the open sea, in Auroria, or an island.
  • Access to Growlgate Isle; all crafting stations and vendors can be found on Growlgate.
  • Access to pirate-only content including daily quests, buffs, and items.

headspace

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think Battlerage/Shadow/Archery will be the bees knees.
That is what I currently play on Alpha. I really like it. That said, sperglords will tell you Battlerage/Shadow/Aura is better. Auramancy lets you stack inspire, so you can constantly have a %24 attack speed increase. I have my reasons for going with Archery though. It gives you a good arsenal of openers, a constant %10 run speed increase, a lot of combos with the battlerage abilities, and the ability to be effective at range. Additionally, most fights I have been in weren't log enough to let me stack inspire. I will concede for a solo or small group PVP, auramancy is clearly the better option based on the CC abilities and teleport.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I just feel like you could really move around a battlefield and duck in/out of combat situations easily. Something like this appeals to me:ArcheAge Simulator - Arche-Base
Don't listen to these fools quaid, stealth target dropping into backflip glider is a big deal as a healer if shit goes bad in your fight.

Just because you're healing doesn't mean you have to go down with the ship every time.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
The thing I found funny about the pirates was in something Bikeman said in a video linked here earlier. That the pirate faction on a Korean server became so powerful that the other factions had to pay a toll when traveling in open waters, turning into a mafia of sorts.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Don't listen to these fools quaid, stealth target dropping into backflip glider is a big deal as a healer if shit goes bad in your fight.

Just because you're healing doesn't mean you have to go down with the ship every time.
That's all I'm saying. I mean, I get it... The survivability passives from witchcraft or defence are really nice. You have to dump a large amount of points into either tree to get the good shit though, and that means you sacrifice a good amount of healing effectiveness/buffs from vitalism & Auramancy. If you take shadow on the other hand, you gain all kinds of escape tools for a small 3pt investment so that you can really pump aura & vit.

Couple that with the fact that if I'm getting focused on (which all healers will be) in a group PVP setting, I'm not sure any amount of magic/physical defence is gonna save me. I think it'd be much more reasonable to rely on CC breaks + escape utilities than my defensive stats from what I've seen of healer PVP at the high end. I also think being able to disengage & reengage will be pretty useful as a healer.

Vitality

HUSTLE
That's all I'm saying. I mean, I get it... The survivability passives from witchcraft or defence are really nice. You have to dump a large amount of points into either tree to get the good shit though, and that means you sacrifice a good amount of healing effectiveness/buffs from vitalism & Auramancy. If you take shadow on the other hand, you gain all kinds of escape tools for a small 3pt investment so that you can really pump aura & vit.

Couple that with the fact that if I'm getting focused on (which all healers will be) in a group PVP setting, I'm not sure any amount of magic/physical defence is gonna save me. I think it'd be much more reasonable to rely on CC breaks + escape utilities than my defensive stats from what I've seen of healer PVP at the high end. I also think being able to disengage & reengage will be pretty useful as a healer.
I'm running a Paladin - Battle/Def/Vit 4/8/11 - Scepter Shield - Heavy Armor. The only class I have any trouble with right now 1v1 is reaper because of lightning crits. The rest are legit rofls because of the defense tree. In focus target situations I just pop invuln or blockade etc. It's really really really strong.

Seed of life + Resurgence makes me a god in physical damage fights or against other paladins. Not many vit trees take Seed of life because it looks like shit on paper, but it's actually real good in situations where you're getting hit a lot. I spend less time casting heals and more time pounding ass.

When you scream someone for 2.5k they just wonder how the fk that healer did a third of their health in one attack. Rush - tri attack - whirlwind - scream is like 66% of someones hp given no absorbs.

Not to mention I take Lasso (Deathgrip) for easy honor kills in a group setting. Arguably one of the most valuable skills in the game, especially since you can rip boat drivers into the water.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
The thing I found funny about the pirates was in something Bikeman said in a video linked here earlier. That the pirate faction on a Korean server became so powerful that the other factions had to pay a toll when traveling in open waters, turning into a mafia of sorts.
Time to call PRX in

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Time to call PRX in
I could definitely see a situation happening where PRX (or another powerful anti guild) dominates our server and the pirate faction is constantly decimated. Then a pirate guild dominates a different server and you see the same kind of toll-mafia system setup.

Ironically it's possible the mafia-styled server would have safer passage than one where PRX was constantly warring against pks.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I could definitely see a situation happening where PRX (or another powerful anti guild) dominates our server and the pirate faction is constantly decimated. Then a pirate guild dominates a different server and you see the same kind of toll-mafia system setup.

Ironically it's possible the mafia-styled server would have safer passage than one where PRX was constantly warring against pks.
I'll give 10,000 milk for safe passage Tuco.