Archeage

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It's based on burst damage combo. Archery has the only bleed in the game. Phantom Blow in Battlerage does 300% crit damage (crit chance is increase if you are behind the target) and 37% more damage with a bleeding target. You use shadow play to get behind the target to drop Phantom Blow and then the perforation (orwhatever it's called) from Shadow.

Open from stealth with bleed arrow/hunters mark, teleport in with shadow step, Phantom Blow, Shadow Smite, Backflip, earthquake, spam ranged attacks.

There are some other combos but I can't remember, but it's essentially a super backstab combo. You also get a ton of mobility and move speed.

Also, the Quickshot you get in Shadow is being moved to Archery, so Archery gets a nice ranged spammer.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It was mentioned; going to be called Omega.
I understand land being a problem, but I barely see people as it is unless there are like ques or something whats the point besides land being non existent for new players? I already have a hard time finding a group for -anything- and open world pvp isnt popping as much as you think it would be for it being 3x the estimated population or w/e too many people are content to just farming in this game.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I imagine games like this are hard to sustain in an alpha due to it's open world nature. A lot of people don't bother anymore after a while. New server is probably for new alpha people so they can get farms in the newbie zones.

mrmoneda_sl

shitlord
I think the lack of people around right now can be chalked up to Wildstar, burnout and people doing other shit to wait for the next big update.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Looking more and more like there is a good bit of way to go before release so I doubt people want to burn out much less on an old build.

Personally I'm a the point where all that is left is grinding out better gear or building bigger homes etc. Shit that I have zero desire to do on what will ultimately be a test server. So when I do log in its just to check out specs and even that is kind of pointless until they patch.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the lack of people around right now can be chalked up to Wildstar, burnout and people doing other shit to wait for the next big update.
I'm not really playing right now (only to check crafting and follow Trial drama) and I really dig the game but I don't wanna burnout since most of Archeage's fun will be during release / first months. I'm not on Wildstar tho, cba playing a shitty WoW.

Scyfi

N00b
A lot of us are on hold until release. It is a lot different than other alphas I have been in because it is pretty much good to go and they are just holding it back for translation and the new patch. The alpha was poorly planned IMO as it is way longer than it needed to be and it is not truly an alpha it is a closed beta. I think XLGames is holding things up and that doesn't bode well for the future but the game is still very solid and will be a lot of fun come launch.

Crizack_sl

shitlord
i found sam.

rrr_img_69676.png

Twitch

Raes

Vyemm Raider
ArcheAge | The ArcheAge Patron Program and APEX System |

Announced two months ago alongside the beginning of Alpha, ArcheAge?s Patron Program was born from the experience of taking our first MMO, RIFT, to a free-to-play model. In simplest terms, the program grants access to exclusive features and expanded benefits in-game. This premium service tier, called Patron status, can be gained through a variety of methods. As a cornerstone of our ?No Tricks, No Traps? approach to free-to-play, it?s important to us that the Patron Program adds to the fun of ArcheAge but is not required to play the game. This optional program was jointly designed by XLGames and Trion Worlds and is available to those players who want to get a little extra out of ArcheAge.
Before we discuss how to get it, let?s detail what Patron status means in ArcheAge. Patrons will enjoy the following benefits:
? Bonus online Labor Point regeneration (10 per 5 minutes)
? Offline Labor Point regeneration (5 per 5 minutes)
? Increased maximum Labor Points cap (5000 maximum)
? 10% bonus to all Experience gained through combat or labor usage
? 10% discount on Marketplace purchases (available after launch)
? 5 Loyalty Tokens per day for use in the Loyalty Store (awarded on first login of the day)
? Ability to claim land by placing farms and houses
? Ability to pay in-game taxes on owned property
? Ability to post auctions on the Auction House by default
The Marketplace and Loyalty Store are different in that the former accepts Credits, the premium currency of ArcheAge, while the latter accepts Loyalty Tokens earned from the Patron Program. The Loyalty Store will offer a variety of items including special pets, fun musical instruments, certificates that cover weekly taxes on a large farm, and Patron-only lock boxes that each contain valuable, surprise loot. Patron and free accounts will both start with two character slots and will be able to purchase additional slots up to a maximum of six across all servers, with a maximum of four slots on a single server.
Free accounts will be able to make purchases from the Auction House but will not be able to post their own listings by default, nor do they regenerate Labor Points while offline. Free accounts will be able to unlock full Auction House access as a low-cost Marketplace purchase, a measure in place to protect the in-game economy from mass-created accounts. Players whose Patron status lapses will retain full Auction House access. We are currently exploring options for allowing free accounts to also have the ability to build housing and pay taxes after ArcheAge launches while preventing abuse of this permission.
All Founders will be considered Patrons during all testing phases. The Patron time included in Founder?s Packs will begin counting down on launch day. In addition, the Credits included in each Founder?s Pack can be used to purchase additional Patron time via the Marketplace at any time on or after launch day.
To ensure that all players have the option to potentially become a Patron, there are two ways to obtain this status. Players can purchase Patron Status as a subscription via real money on the Trion Worlds web store; expect pricing in line with RIFT?s current Patron Program. Alternately, players can use credits to purchase a Patron Pass through the ArcheAge Marketplace ? these credits can be acquired by web store purchase, Founder?s Packs, or by obtaining an in-game item called APEX.
APEX, short for ArcheAge Patron Exchange, is an in-game item that can be sold on ArcheAge?s Auction House or traded between players; it grants Credits when consumed by a character. The Credits granted by an APEX can then be spent on any Marketplace purchase, including the 30-day Patron Pass mentioned above. This allows industrious players in ArcheAge to let their gameplay pay for their Patron status without spending real money.
We?ll be hosting a livestream to further discuss the Patron Program, the APEX System, and where we?re at with Patch 1.2 and the second Alpha server. We?re eager to test out both the Marketplace and the Patron Store in Alpha and will be granting our testers sufficient currencies to try them out and help us get them ready for live service. Be sure to share your questions about this announcement in this forum thread and then join us on Thursday afternoon on Twitch.
Again, thank you for joining ArcheAge?s founding community and experiencing the game?s path to launch with us!
The ArcheAge Team

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How the fuck were there 16k bot accounts on an alpha which only access is by paying 150$ or by knowing a dev? Who the fuck bots an alpha to sell gold, especially with these entry costs?

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
How the fuck were there 16k bot accounts on an alpha which only access is by paying 150$ or by knowing a dev? Who the fuck bots an alpha to sell gold, especially with these entry costs?
Well technically the type of player who has $150 to burn on a beta probably can afford to buy gold. I personally wouldn't buy gold for any reason I can think of but some people who have money to blow may not care. Sounds like the perfect player for gold farmers to advertise to.

The more interesting thing is 16,000 accounts is 2.5 million dollars. Now if by 16,000 they actually meant 16,000 characters then the number is closer to $400,000 assuming 6 spamming characters per account. Still a hell of a lot of money just to spam.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They used the term "fraudulent accounts" so the assumption is that the botters managed to generate some fake alpha keys.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They used the term "fraudulent accounts" so the assumption is that the botters managed to generate some fake alpha keys.
Yeah and ill gotten funds to buy accounts, so maybe like fake CC that then later bounced the payment but still went through so they got keys out of it. If that's the case then it kinda makes sense there'd be so many and shit. Still I haven't played in a while, was the spam really bad?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
From what I hear most bots in games with an entry fee are from stolen credit cards. Then some are hacked accounts.

The spam wasn't that bad when I played but I guess I turned many of the chats off (since it was pretty irrelevant stuff being said). I didn't see any botting but of course it was happening.

The thing about botting in MMOs is that in the first month goods are valuable compared to USD. You could have a bot making $10 an hour in the first couple weeks, then a couple months later the same bot makes $1 an hour or something. So if you really want that bot $$ you have to have a working one out the gate.