Archeage

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I think XLGames is holding things up and that doesn't bode well for the future but the game is still very solid and will be a lot of fun come launch.
This is my biggest fear for launch. I really really do not like the fact that Trion has so little control over the code. Wildstar, for all its flaws, has a very communicative dev team and they've moved quick over the last few weeks to fix some critical issues. My fear is that Trion will be 100 percent at the mercy of XLGames to patch exploits/bugs, and for some issues, minutes/hours matter for how much damage is done...

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'm not THAT worried about it. The game has been baking in other countries for years now and Trion has the advantage of hindsight. Hopefully they have smart people seeing how the game played out in a live environment in KR/RU.

But the potential for failure is still there, I just don't think it's as high as you think it is.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah and ill gotten funds to buy accounts, so maybe like fake CC that then later bounced the payment but still went through so they got keys out of it. If that's the case then it kinda makes sense there'd be so many and shit. Still I haven't played in a while, was the spam really bad?
Yes, the spam was horrible. Every couple seconds, plus they like to take up half a page adding ******************** to every damn line. It seems like it's much better since yesterday, only seen a couple.

Only seen 10 bots or so killing stuff, but I've been on the jury for a dozen or so trials and in the murder list you can see tons of obvious bot names.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Who the fuck buys gold in alpha? I can see in release and really have nop problem with it, but alpha?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
$100 for 300 gold is a really good deal... If I really wanted to test some system but didn't want to spend the time doing it I could see myself spending like $10 for 300 gold... but $100? shit....

gox_sl

shitlord
Wow $100 for 300g? My friend had someone paypal him $10 for an Orange Gale ring in Alpha but even there i think he was ripped off.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
$100 for 300 gold is a really good deal... If I really wanted to test some system but didn't want to spend the time doing it I could see myself spending like $10 for 300 gold... but $100? shit....
Well, look at D2JSP. Every single time I've transacted on that site, the person has bought the forum gold on the spot from the site owner then sent it to me. 1 AA Gold --> 15 FG is common exchange rate, or, 100 AA gold --> 1500 FG --> $50. Cutting D2jsp out of that transaction (going direct paypal seller/buyer) gets you banned from d2jsp on the spot, but I'm sure people are doing it.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
That's just ridiculous. Everyone is going to be completely burnt out for final.
I don't see how people could even afford to buy gold in this game, it goes so quick.

game seems to be about being self sufficient, but that's kind of hard with a cash shop and easy ways to get the shit that in turn takes forever legit.

im running 2 farms with cows, and a small with cows and im still broke as fuck, because im using my space for cows aka milk for gold im not able to grow other things or very limited amounts of it so I spend the gold I make on tedious shit I don't want to wait forever farming or its just one of those rare drops that you can get from farming/gathering, I am not 50 yet though so not sure how the money would be stacking up if I wasn't still buying / crafting upgrades.

shit taxes with 4 properties is nutts, im gonna have to sac my small farm just to keep my aquafarm and go back down to 3 plots.

Underjoyed_sl

shitlord
That's just ridiculous. Everyone is going to be completely burnt out for final.
I'm already burnt out on ArcheAge and I've never even played it. I was hyped about this game.... 5 years ago. Now I ready about it and think, "wow, is this game still around? It's going to be washed up before it even hits the market. They really fucked up on that front.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I'm already burnt out on ArcheAge and I've never even played it. I was hyped about this game.... 5 years ago. Now I ready about it and think, "wow, is this game still around? It's going to be washed up before it even hits the market. They really fucked up on that front.
probably right, but ill still play the shit out of it, unless this and the division collide with releases then ill be playing this a fair amount.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You're joking right? People have been playing various versions of WoW for over a decade. Anyone who burns out on AA in alpha after a couple months isn't doing it right. The game is far from perfect, but it's a ginormous leap in the right direction. If you burn out on this before launch, what the hell else are you going to play?

I've been playing for like 11 days. I have 4 characters from 16-44, 2 large farms and a small, 2 clippers and a merchant ship. I'm still learning about various aspects of the game, figuring out what classes I want to play at release and my moneymaking strat for headstart. And with beta coming up I'm already feeling pressed for time.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You're joking right? People have been playing various versions of WoW for over a decade. Anyone who burns out on AA in alpha after a couple months isn't doing it right. The game is far from perfect, but it's a ginormous leap in the right direction. If you burn out on this before launch, what the hell else are you going to play?

I've been playing for like 11 days. I have 4 characters from 16-44, 2 large farms and a small, 2 clippers and a merchant ship. I'm still learning about various aspects of the game, figuring out what classes I want to play at release and my moneymaking strat for headstart. And with beta coming up I'm already feeling pressed for time.
yeah I kinda got lucky and had some gold on the account I was lent so I was able to start with a small farm of cows, and grow into a large for my income, ill probably roll on the new beta server or whatever to test out the land grab and see whats worth growing early for some profit, vitality is always on this kind of thing! but he dosent share his sekreTS

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I was scraping by mostly, until my first character reached Ynystere. Where the road is literally paved with gold! At the time, lucky clovers were selling for ~4.5g. Helped me fund my large farm. Been experimenting a lot, but whenever I need a quick bit of gold, I just throw up some bait worms. Undercut the lowest by like 10 copper per worm and the damn things sell before I can close the auction window. Be interesting to see how the fishing market changes after the patch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

The thing is, this game doesn't have legs like WoW does. It's already been a 1 year game in two markets and the rate of content production from KR is glacial. I feel like most people are going to play this hardcore, level to 50 in a few chars, get their farm/house, some decent gear, a nice boat, touch some of the end-game PVE, do some arenas, dabble in piracy etc and then realize they've done everything. If people do this in alpha I dunno if they'll do it again in release.

Menion_sl

shitlord
The thing is, this game doesn't have legs like WoW does. It's already been a 1 year game in two markets and the rate of content production from KR is glacial. I feel like most people are going to play this hardcore, level to 50 in a few chars, get their farm/house, some decent gear, a nice boat, touch some of the end-game PVE, do some arenas, dabble in piracy etc and then realize they've done everything. If people do this in alpha I dunno if they'll do it again in release.
It's going to be interesting how long people keep playing this game once they hit 50 and realize that there really isn't that much to do. I honestly am on the fence right now about whether or not I am even going to play the game at launch. In my limited alpha playtime I have done everything that I wanted to do in the game (With the exception of castle sieges) and there is no new content on the forseeable horizon. Other than playing the game with friends, there really is no draw to playing through AA again once you have done it.