Archeage

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
giving serious thought to buying into this game. Are you guys still having fun and hanging together?
id wait as others have said, I was lucky enough to have an account loaned to me, but id feel pretty burned if I had bought this myself.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
threw down 22 green bean seeds cost me 3g for the seeds, I got 86 green beans out of it, that vendor for 4.5 G dosent seem worth it, making 1.5 gold?

they were just "Beans" im assuming that's what you meant cause I saw no green beans.

would have been nice to get another few weeks in with the cows.

Now theres a giant gap of completely poor - Absurdly rich, theres no in between, but its alpha.

Raw stone/lumber is dropping insanely fast it was 16g/100lumber its down to 10 or less, same with stone its dropping, is anyone having any luck with growing and selling anything on the farms? any livestock worthwhile now?

Even stuff like yata fur and such that people would use for trade packs doesn't sell for much.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Do you have a source for the same continent thing? I swear they were saying over and over again that you will not get Gilda for same continent trade runs to encourage cross ocean trading and PvP which is what pissed off so many of the carebear farmers.
My mistake. The retards on the livestream have trouble with long words. They use "cross-continental" which isn't actually a word, and confuse "intra" and "inter" continental. Watching their livestream is fucking painful, and it's hard to pick out the actually important information.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
threw down 22 green bean seeds cost me 3g for the seeds, I got 86 green beans out of it, that vendor for 4.5 G dosent seem worth it, making 1.5 gold?

they were just "Beans" im assuming that's what you meant cause I saw no green beans.

would have been nice to get another few weeks in with the cows.

Now theres a giant gap of completely poor - Absurdly rich, theres no in between, but its alpha.

Raw stone/lumber is dropping insanely fast it was 16g/100lumber its down to 10 or less, same with stone its dropping, is anyone having any luck with growing and selling anything on the farms? any livestock worthwhile now?

Even stuff like yata fur and such that people would use for trade packs doesn't sell for much.
Anything that anyone can attain that there is suddenly a large demand for will cause this. Initially the demand will be higher than the supply, causing a price spike. As more people produce the item and compete with other sellers, the price gets driven down. This is pretty basic economics, dude.

The price of yata fur has more than doubled since yesterday. People are just starting to learn the new trade packs and what they require and are worth at turn in. 20 yata fur and 50 medicinal powder trades for 5g at max value in Villanelle, I haven't had a chance to see what its value is in Yny yet. People need to not be greedy, then everyone can profit. Charging more than 50s for half a trade pack's requirement is stupid. If you charge too much it becomes cheaper for the trader to produce his own shit. I paid 35g a piece for 2 yata pens. ~90 fur every 12 hours (plus ~10 fresh fert for eco-fuel). And mushrooms take no time to grow. I did a run with a buddy on my merchant ship yesterday to Villanelle. 4.5ishg per pack, 11 packs. Already paid for 1 yata pen and part of another. Quality certs cost 50s. I'm not paying more than another 50s for mats, if I happen to run out.

There are plenty of things to sell for gold, you just need to look. And be aware of market changes. Selling to a vendor is easy, because the price is static. The AH rarely works that way, at least not in the high end.

A stack of 100 bamboo sells for 6g. People need grains for lots of shit. Look around, find something with a decent average price that gets used a lot, or follow the market and make bank from getting on shit early.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
the price of milk actually rose back up to what it was selling to a vendor, regretting murdering all my cows now.

and yea I figured stone and lumber was going to drop but that was quick, like 1-2 days it was 14g yesterday I believe.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I don't have a merchant ship or whatever wagon soooooo
smile.png
I try to make my money else where!

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You could always team up with me. For 1320 labor and ~30 minutes work you can pull in 18-20g a day.

I supply the mats, you craft the packs (20) and load the ship and you're done. Or you can opt to come along for the ride and hold the wheel while I do turn-ins. Owner's mark works fine for unloading, but sometimes assholes will use their ship to push yours away from the docks. Anyways, when I turn in the packs, I get 80%, you get 20%, which equals 90s-1g per pack. Easy money.

If you have mats of your own (Solis to Villanelle) and want to do more runs I will give you transport for 50s per pack. Loading is like 1.5-2 mins per pack. Trip takes 17ish minutes.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I kind of regret buying in. I played it to level 30 and put it aside because I want to be fresh at release. I don't want to be tired of half the game (mechanics) by the time the other half (community) is there.
Wish I would have had more patience. ended up buying in last night since I'm on the road and bored senseless (hence the higher post count lately) of course it was beyond stupid since it's a 22 gig download and I'm on a hotel connection.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
You could always team up with me. For 1320 labor and ~30 minutes work you can pull in 18-20g a day.

I supply the mats, you craft the packs (20) and load the ship and you're done. Or you can opt to come along for the ride and hold the wheel while I do turn-ins. Owner's mark works fine for unloading, but sometimes assholes will use their ship to push yours away from the docks. Anyways, when I turn in the packs, I get 80%, you get 20%, which equals 90s-1g per pack. Easy money.

If you have mats of your own (Solis to Villanelle) and want to do more runs I will give you transport for 50s per pack. Loading is like 1.5-2 mins per pack. Trip takes 17ish minutes.
bro bro you gotta check your pms
smile.png
im gonna throw down some yatas and geese for solis > falcorth and back falcorth > solis most likely for a safe run.

so ill have fur for that run.

grey, tell them something like it wont run on your system or something lmao ask for a refund, no idea if that would work.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Yeah, I know. I've been so damn busy with my farms and alts and shit when I do check the forums here I just refresh this page and read any new posts.

Remember, you need 50 medicinal powder in addition to the 20 yata fur. I just grow shrooms, takes 2 hours.

Edit: So, I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with quest rewards. You now have to choose between a bow, a shield, or a lute. So, if you want to play an Honorguard (Archery/Defense/Songcraft) you're just screwed? So many of the dev decisions in this game are serious head-scratchers.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, I know. I've been so damn busy with my farms and alts and shit when I do check the forums here I just refresh this page and read any new posts.

Remember, you need 50 medicinal powder in addition to the 20 yata fur. I just grow shrooms, takes 2 hours.

Edit: So, I'm trying to figure out what the deal is with quest rewards. You now have to choose between a bow, a shield, or a lute. So, if you want to play an Honorguard (Archery/Defense/Songcraft) you're just screwed? So many of the dev decisions in this game are serious head-scratchers.
thinking the same thing, all the crafted shields have fucking STR on them, not a single one with agility.

idk how these small but yet very important things get overlooked all the time, the same shit with blue + gear only raising stats by like 5... but costing 100G more than the green version because of mats and rng, cant stand games with itemization like this where you pay big for an upgrade for very minimal stat gain.

Anyone know if the chance a yata pen or any other has to collapse decrease if you have high husbandry? because at 10k husbandry im still only getting 90 yata fur a shear off the yatas in the penn so no point in doing it on this character when my other can use the exp, that shit is a lot!

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
the price of milk actually rose back up to what it was selling to a vendor, regretting murdering all my cows now.

and yea I figured stone and lumber was going to drop but that was quick, like 1-2 days it was 14g yesterday I believe.
Milk is currently selling for 30c a piece to a vendor. It was selling for 4s 10c prior to the nerf.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I'd assume most of Alpha people here know this game's "western" release will never last years : Trion is having hard times asking XL Games anything, and Archeage's metagame is alot about how to build communities to fuck other's up. Siege castles are irrelevant, trade runs is about meta ganking and top craft stuff is russian roulette's RNG. Archeage has a strong identity and its combat gameplay is (IMO) decent enough, but anyone should know this is a "EvE-like" game, where whenever you do your shit will define your gameplay. You can stay PvP-safe and earn some stuff, or you can go PvP and earn a few more, but you'll have to deal with some shit.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Milk is currently selling for 30c a piece to a vendor. It was selling for 4s 10c prior to the nerf.
I know I had 2 cow farms, im not sure if its selling on the AH or not but its up there for a decent price what I was getting roughly for 100milk to the vendor pre patch, I think I was getting 5gold some silver, unless im remember wrong and way off.

im so sad I didn't get a merch ship or a tractor before patch, so much easier to find someone to come help out, rather than one with a ship, fucking things are 600g on the AH.

basically sitting with dick in hand, waiting for someone to transport lmao.

"How do you not know if your selling it on the AH or vendor trashing it? Jesus dude you can't be fucking serious"

are you dumb? I said I was VENDOR TRASHING it before patch, sorry I don't remember the value, and I said im not sure if ITS SELLING on the AH learn to fucking read you dumb American Inventor, I wish I knew who left that so I could know who the dumbest motherfucker on this forum was, Tucobro get on it reveal this fucking idiot.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Finally got a clear answer on the gilda stars for trade packs thing. From Amary in this thread:http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...tal-quot/page2

"The current, expected functionality is that the only way gilda stars are obtained through trade routes is when a specialty pack is turned in to a gilda trader on a different continent than the pack originated from."

Pretty lame.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Finally got a clear answer on the gilda stars for trade packs thing. From Amary in this thread:http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...tal-quot/page2

"The current, expected functionality is that the only way gilda stars are obtained through trade routes is when a specialty pack is turned in to a gilda trader on a different continent than the pack originated from."

Pretty lame.
PC HF dailys 6 GILDA A DAY BRO! get it.