Archeage

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
Sounds like a game I would be interested in, been following the game and this thread for a while but don't feel like tossing $150 on a founders pack so i can play the game just yet. Anyone have an idea how long beta will last for or when the game might be out?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
GvG castle wise sucks. I won't touch on how retarded TESO and GW2 was with their 3 minute keep takes but this game's system is retarded on the other end of the pendulum.
By the "other end of the pendulum" do you mean the GvG castle sieges take an extremely long time to produce a winner? I know they are scheduled in advance, instanced and only allow 100 players per side.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Basically it's stacked in favor of the defender, it's nigh impossible for an attacking force to beat a defending force assuming they are reasonably powered.

After GW2 and ESO I'm a little weary of sieges anyway, so I don't mind.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kedwyn basically said it all, but I'm gonna add something else : the game client runs fine and the game is really beautiful, even from a non-weeaboo PoV. There is almost no instancing, some landscapes are really well done, and gliding add extra beauty to it. Discovering ArcheAge's world is really nice and feels kinda refreshing since its lore is not a well known license. Felt the same way when I played Aion (only AA combat gameplay is way better than Aion's IMO). I know the "asian MMO" label could drive some people off and the game isn't perfect, but right now AA features offer much fun stuff than just staring at lolis.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Basically it's stacked in favor of the defender, it's nigh impossible for an attacking force to beat a defending force assuming they are reasonably powered.

After GW2 and ESO I'm a little weary of sieges anyway, so I don't mind.
It almost seems like the game wasn't designed with the idea of castles changing hands often, but instead to basically reward the guilds that managed to claim first, and let them keep it as long as enough of their members remain active enough in the game to defend it every week.

Edit: YAY! We get to re-download the full clientagaintomorrow! Woot! I'm so stoked! I can't wait! Yeah!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah questing in this game is fine. Game is solid all around
Definitely a solid game. Questing, for what it's worth, was done well with minimum effort and though. It just gets very dull because it's all the same shit over and over. Just make sure you play a class you like because that's the only fun part.

My only issue with the class system (which I like) is that you don't get points every level so progress feels very slow.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone remember how to display FPS counter ingame ? I've heard about some line in the system.cfg but le Google failed me.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
It almost seems like the game wasn't designed with the idea of castles changing hands often, but instead to basically reward the guilds that managed to claim first, and let them keep it as long as enough of their members remain active enough in the game to defend it every week.

Edit: YAY! We get to re-download the full clientagaintomorrow! Woot! I'm so stoked! I can't wait! Yeah!
Is this a fucking joke? I need to redownload and uninstall this piece of shit again? there goes my last day of vacation, oh im ready to murder everyone who works for me.

theres an option for it, just click the box when you find it, if I could get in game id tell yah, oh cool lets stop paying everyones taxes cool, 200labor per 5 certs, this game is pushing me away.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
"Based on the feedback and data we've seen from play on Alpha, these are the top 4 areas we're currently focusing on in terms of finding a balance in fun and long-term game economy for our region. By no means is this everything! The upcoming Beta event will also help add to our data on how a brand new servers shake out with the current rates."

- Overall drop rate/entry of Archeum into the economy
- Labor costs on acquiring loot or quest rewards
- Tuning of gilda stars received from intercontinental trade routes
- Overall labor regeneration for Patrons (especially offline vs. online)

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...695#post192695

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
LF7S41l.png

Thanks

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I don't know if they sat down and had the goal of castles only changing hands when the defenders didn't show up in a good force. That would certainly match with how other land changes hands where you only need to pay taxes to keep land.

However from watching the sieges it just seems like they put out a basic ruleset that just happens to heavily favor defenders.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who gives a damn about castles anyway, let's gank / trial / steal / drama anyone ! Until people got bored of it and then GvG epeen stuff happens, aka "who're the seas daddy ?"