Archeage

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would have waited too, but the fact that it appears the only way to get the head start is to buy a founders pack pretty much forced my hand (although I played beta 1, so I really already didn't wait).

Plus, I feel like having land is a huge portion that you really need. At the very least, having a family where one person has land.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Was surprised to see Bastion (Archery/Defense/Auramancy) not rated in that guys list.

What was the nerf to defense that he was saying lead to Stone Arrow being not as good?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Your post are suspect, you're everywhere when it comes to MMOs :p

I'll check it out, my pc doesnt even get turned on anymore, its kinda sad.
I wasn't interested at all until I watched some YouTubes; sold me. Ship combat, no phasing, pvp, sandbox. Yes please!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also, this is my first documented guide in the archeage series, so if you guys want to see other topics covered in the future please speak up.
Any guide or map showing what is considered the best real estate to have and what you should be aiming for at launch?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
None that I'm aware of.

I'm actually a little disappointed that they aren't trying to motivate competition by having clear tiers of value in land and ways to conquer other people's land (other than the castle system). I think there's some potential for the best 'PVP gear crafting mats' to only be grown in one zone, and for that zone to be a continuous warfare for rights over the farming areas.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I wasn't interested at all until I watched some YouTubes; sold me. Ship combat, no phasing, pvp, sandbox. Yes please!
Eh i will check out some bard footage and see, ,but still havent piqued interest enough to pull me away from netflix and nightly cod play which says alot since ghost sucks balls.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh i will check out some bard footage and see, ,but still havent piqued interest enough to pull me away from netflix and nightly cod play which says alot since ghost sucks balls.
Just play a beta weekend and decide. Watching videos/streams is hardly a good measuring stick imo.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
None that I'm aware of.

I'm actually a little disappointed that they aren't trying to motivate competition by having clear tiers of value in land and ways to conquer other people's land (other than the castle system). I think there's some potential for the best 'PVP gear crafting mats' to only be grown in one zone, and for that zone to be a continuous warfare for rights over the farming areas.
Timmy isn't going to sub if big bad Tuco can just steal his land like a white man while stroking himself with his Devkit 2 on.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
None that I'm aware of.

That would totally be fine with me as someone who does occasionally gets his jollies off picking beans. Might even fix the PvCamp issue. Right now PvP'ers have zero motivation to fight each other over camping.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 beta invites from /vg/, posted 12 minutes ago and I don't know if they're taken or not :

Om6jQ2m.png

5Ll3biq.png

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'd guess they are trying to balance between too hardcore(Hi I just stole all your shit and destroyed all your stuff that has taken you months to get) and it just mattering at all.

You could maybe do something where if a zone is "in war" you can pick enemy crops. And to entice people to actually grow during that time, make crops grow x10 faster with 2-3x the yield.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well going off of Tuco's idea they could just make it so all the mats in PvP zones have to be carried to some safe zone to be crafted and make it so that it requires a large amount of mats so vehicles are needed. Then if you are a raider you can take what you can carry and burn the rest (or not) or you can try and bring in your own vehicles and carry off an ass load but have to protect all the way back to wherever.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or just make the stations, where you craft higher tier gear, be in the middle of a pvp zone that never goes safe.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Trying to download this. Launch app says it should be 20Gb. I've downloaded 2.2 Gb and then trying to launch the 'Update' it's giving an error.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
None that I'm aware of.

This is a good idea. To strip away some of it's overly hardcoreness, special titles or appearance gear could only be gained from owning land and/or farming, cropping from this land. That way there is a reason to own this land for show-off purposes without making it *too* necessary for everyday pvp.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I think there's some potential for the best 'PVP gear crafting mats' to only be grown in one zone, and for that zone to be a continuous warfare for rights over the farming areas.
This will be the only reason this game succeeds after the first few months. If there is no driver to fight over land for real benefits (gear/mats) it's pretty much going to be boring after a while unless you really like driving a boat all over the place searching for a fight.