Archeage

Grimsark

Hmm just logged into glyph with no issue.
I am not receiving any setup confirmation emails either... /sigh
My account is obviously seeing the registration.

rrr_img_72245.png

edit: Did you just process your beta invite as well?? It may simply be a back log...

edit2: Its working now. (Wow... 22GB...)

Grimsark

Anyone else registered with a custom domain email address with your Trion account?
If so, have you had issues with receiving any of their robomails lately? (Such as resets, changes, etc... to your account)

edit: Two family members I told about the MMORPG give away, got stuck in between their verification with MMORPG, and being able to unlock the keys on that web page... Its very possible that they ran out of keys around the time that the actual numbers were showing 2000+ remaining.

skylan_sl

shitlord
I thought I had already signed up on the main Archeage website, but apparently I hadn't. I logged into my account using my old rift login and signed up for beta last Friday. I got an invite to the CBT2 event that lasts from Wed / Sun pretty much immediately. It's only a few days but hey, it should be enough time to figure out if I like it or not.

Sneaky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I probably won't be around for the release mid September due to holidays, but I hope I can link up with some of you guys two weeks or so afterwards? I immensly enjoyed the first months in GW2 doing WvWvW, however lackluster the mechanics were.

Roxette_sl

shitlord
It has been a long time since I have really looked at playing an MMO (soooo tired of WoW look alikes) and I somehow managed to get a beta key... Yay me!!!

Anyways, I am hoping to get a good chance to try out some of the PvP and stuff so I know if this game will be interesting enough to buy one of the founder packs.

Which beta server is everyone mostly playing on? And are there any Euro players on the NA servers?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got a beta key for this, but i hear nothing but mixed messages. Is this some lame grind PoS or a legitimately good game? Also what would you compare this to? I know it has bards so thats its current saving grace.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Archeage is an ok game, we a lot of different systems layered on top of a lot of boring systems. Here are some bullet points:

• The game has a myriad of standard kill/collect/deliver quests that you run on the way to 50. Yawn.
  • You don't have to do quests to level to 50 though. You can grind, craft, gather etc. and everything gives experience. However it's more efficient to level via quests.
  • The game has open world land grabs/farms/houses that you can build and use to make money or grow crafting materials.
  • The game has a standard hotbar/tab target combat system. If you like that kind of gameplay, it's nothing new and it's well done.
  • The class system is somewhat interesting. It's essentially Rift without the pigeon holed classes. There are a bunch of classes and you can pick any three and build. It's pretty decent.
  • You can build boats and be a pirate. Really cool.
  • The game has a trade system where you make trade packs and you have to deliver them. This is a way to get a certain currency that is used for specialty items. It adds decent economic drivers to the game that also promotes PVP.
  • The graphics are dated, but look really good for what they attempt to do.
  • Performance is really good if you have an average or better rig.
  • Crafting high end gear is your standard Korean RNG fuck-off fest.
  • Trion has a very limited control on how the game is developed for the NA/EU market.
  • Depending on your server, you might find yourself in the middle of a bunch of big guilds fucking you over.

When you log in for the first time you'll find yourself in a boring quest treadmill, hotbar/tab target game that you've played a million times before and it's boring as fuck. The only thing that will keep you motivated to play is probably the nifty class system and the leveling/combat is pretty fast so you don't get bored. Once you get 10 or so levels (30 minutes of play if you go as fast as you can) you'll soon realize there are some cool systems underneath like ships, farms, gliders and you'll begin to understand that the game has potential to be really fun.

Cybsled

Ya, I've been trying to theory craft class combos from the skill calculators I've found online. Is this mostly PVP or does it have good PVE? For alphas/betas, I usually practice with the more underpowered combos, since they are less likely to be nerfed to fuck come retail
wink.png

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I've love to see someone do a twitch experiment at launch.

Call it "Casual Arche Age" and limit yourself to only playing 1 hour a day. Casually.

This is probably the worst casual game since Shadowbane - it's going to be a nightmare for people (like me) who think they're still as hardcore as they were 14-17 years ago.

I'd avoid this game if you any RL obligations that you can't put on hold to shit squarely into socks.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A friend of mine is playing it fairly casual...maybe 1-3 hours day in multiple session, 4-5 days a week, so around 15 hours a week at most, that's pretty casual.

He's now level 43 or 44, and hasn't quested past Two-Crowns yet...which is a level 25-30 zone I think.

All he does is gathering, farming, crafting and trade routes in safe zones only.

He has 2 small farms and 1 large farm only.

The game can be played casually. And you don't really need to quest all that much either. At this point I doubt he'll ever go into the pvp zones.

He's making enough money to buy the archeum he needs to make his armor...level 40 set so far. He's doing the dailies once in a while for gilda.

He bought plans for a small house for like 7gold on AH, he hasn't found a place to put it down yet.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Your post are suspect, you're everywhere when it comes to MMOs :p

I'll check it out, my pc doesnt even get turned on anymore, its kinda sad.
Haha that only games I've played with this community are GW2, which was legitimately good, ESO which I made no pretenses about being legitimately bad and now AA, which is legitimately good. I pretty much agree with everything Draegan said.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I've love to see someone do a twitch experiment at launch.

Call it "Casual Arche Age" and limit yourself to only playing 1 hour a day. Casually.

This is probably the worst casual game since Shadowbane - it's going to be a nightmare for people (like me) who think they're still as hardcore as they were 14-17 years ago.

I'd avoid this game if you any RL obligations that you can't put on hold to shit squarely into socks.
This is bullshit imo. If you want to play this competitively you should poopsock in the first week. But if you don't care about being competitive and getting the top land you could play it an hour a day solo and enjoy 80% of the game, including all the quest leveling, crafting and owning land.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The game is free to play, I see no reason why you wouldn't at least try it at launch.

3 keys for you slack asses.

2FHX-HXG6-KLDT-TXQ9-76CE
KZYQ-3LY9-YKQ6-32CC-PMWQ
Q7ZX-M976-F2PW-C7Y9-9THG

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I tried, I really tried to just wait for the launch, but the MMO-addiction was stronge. Preordered and downloading.

My body is ready!