Archeage

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
If you're an adult with Google though, you could checkhttp://www.teamviewer.com, take 5 minutes to figure how this sorcery technology works and then it's magic, you can launch Archeage from everywhere with your mobile telephone. Fucking magnets, heh.
i did that yesterday and didn't get to play cause i was still in queue when i got home. figured i'd just log in this morning and monitor on my phone - started at 2300 something, currently still #1096.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a workaround though, Bondurant, not an actual solution. You're still sitting through massive queues.
If you have more than 8 hour queues, then launch the game before going to work. Or become an asshole and AFK on character selection screen like everyone. I don't know man, there are solutions and workarounds out there, it's more effective than complaining about queues on a forum with tranny pics three sections down.

EDIT :

sG5hDBW.png

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I will be logging in and leaving it tomorrow morning for sure. With it being Friday, if I try to log in when I get off work, I doubt I will even get to play.

And while I'm not one to scream for refunds, I do understand why people are raging so hard. I can't recall a mmo launch during which I saw so much anger on official forums.

Bruman

Golden Squire
That's a workaround though, Bondurant, not an actual solution. You're still sitting through massive queues.
If you have more than 8 hour queues, then launch the game before going to work. Or become an asshole and AFK on character selection screen like everyone. I don't know man, there are solutions and workarounds out there, it's more effective than complaining about queues on a forum with tranny pics three sections down.

EDIT :

sG5hDBW.png
Heh, people are bitching because they can't chat about playing the game because they can't get in to play!

That said, even early-queueing doesn't always work. I had my wife sign me in while I was at work yesterday. I get home, still in queue, but nearing the front. At like 70 people left I get "you've been disconnected". I was luckily enough sitting there at the time, immediately reconnected - back to the end of the queue.

It's okay though - the problem will fix itself in a couple of weeks, as pop dies off. I hear both Wildstar and TESO aren't having queue problems these days! (Not that I played either).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just saw your edit Bondurant. So wait, does that mean AFK mount levelling is now ok as long as there isn't a queue?

This fucking company, I swear...

sebur

Bronze Squire
I feel sorry for ya'll, but I have yet to hit a queue, but maybe I just play at the right times or on a lower pop server. The only instance I have even heard of it is my friend who had to sit in a 30 min queue yesterday.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What server and times? In NA primetime all NA servers have a queue. I think Kyrios will have a queue 24/7, with Ollo and then Salphira to follow.

Pilforgod

Silver Knight of the Realm
Something that worked for me for the "You've been disconnected" Issue

I couldn't even play when I got past the queues because each time I got disconnected. I did a little research and found a thread on reddit. I did two things and I think the 2nd is what worked for me

1) Turned off IPV6, not sure if this did anything
2) Turned off Microsoft Security Essentials - Haven't had an issue since doing this, hopefully that stays. Nothing worse then sitting through a 2800 person queue to get disconnected loading in.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
There was actually a thread on their official forums yesterday saying the same thing. If you're an adult with a job, this game isn't for you right now.
I figured that out after about 2 weeks in the alpha a couple of months back. I had fun while I was playing but had to face the reality that players with limited playtime were going to be royally screwed at launch. I decided back then to just wait until the game had been out for a month or two before playing it. The "hit it and quit it" crowd will have moved on to some other game so there should be open plots of land becoming available around that time.

Bruman

Golden Squire
That's one thing I think is too rough about the game - the materials to build a structure are pretty steep. Not to mention the gank risk to even placing them. And that part is fine - but if you take a month or two away from the game, sure, you lose your plot. That's good - land is for active players, since it's so limited in this game. You get your blueprint, that's good - gilda stars are grindy. But losing ALL your materials is rough. You should get a lot of that back IMO.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Land ownership costs aren't steep enough, not even by a mile. Land in this game is so powerful... and pretty much risk free.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If I combine my crash at the end of last nights queue with the time ive spent in queue since (I went back to queue right after i crashed) been queued for 14 hours now hehe

So if you stay at character login, no disconnects? Feel kind of shitty doing this but ive played maybe 6 hours total since launch, been on a queue for 14 hours and about to head to sleep

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Exactly zero people in PRX said they had a sub 2 hour queue last night, so Scapes is full of it here.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well, that thread kept mentioning Euro servers, not NA.

Then again, it could be an "alchemy is working as intended " moment.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2 of the EU servers are even worse then Kyrios, in terms of everyone and their mother wanting to play there.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Unfortunately the forums just shit the bed, but I was reading this before they did. This is a quote from Scrapes, yesterday.

Could we please get some communication on what's being done about the server capacity issue? - Page 3
Exactly zero people in PRX said they had a sub 2 hour queue last night, so Scapes is full of it here.
Yeah, that's an old comment. He recanted somewhat already:

Could we please get some communication on what's being done about the server capacity issue? - Page 10

Thanks for the follow-up. Looking specifically at Kyprosa which is our most populated server, strike my last reply. The Patron queue for that server is a magnitude larger than our other servers. To help address it, we've increased the capacity of our servers over the past day and added two new European servers (both with very short queues by comparison). Increasing the active population cap on a single server is a balancing act: if it isn't carefully managed it can stress the hardware, potentially destabilizing the server.