Archeage

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It kind of leads me to believe we're not actually in the patron queue, if he thinks patron queue should be that short. Either that, or they're starting primetime at like 10am. Even then though, I'm pretty sure it's a minimum 3 hour queue on Kyrios.

So my guess is their "average" is based on a mean, and the people who aren't getting queues to start with are scewing the numbers big time.

Edit: Regarding above, I think Kyprosa is a unique situations. I don't even include it in my discussion, because they're at like 19 hour queues right now. For NA though, there's no possible way 60-120 minutes is accurate. I think we'd all be excited to only be in queue for an hour. That's still unacceptable a week in, but it's a shit load better than what we have now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't worry about whether you're in the patron queue. People that are in the general queue report times ~60% greater than what patrons report.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Two old guildmates back from Vanguard wanted to try out the game with the F2P-Launch, but once they saw the queues they just said "Fuck it" and moved on. No idea what Trion is thinking.
As a (for now) F2P player, I don't really have anything to complain about. If I had to pay $X first, then wait in a queue, I'd be more prone to skipping out altogether. Annoying as it is, I'd rather have massive queues now than empty servers later as someone else mentioned. One of the main reasons I end up quitting MMO's is because players quit and servers become ghost towns. At least we know that won't happen here...for a long while, anyway.

The quest-hub hopping is still killing me softly though. Other than the main quest, I stopped reading all of the dialogue completely. Just enter drone mode and try to pump 'em out as fast as possible. I have more fun messing around and interacting with other players.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
F2P player like that can pick it up in a month and it won't matter much or them. At least the servers should still be mostly populated.

Trion has a lot of data from Korea and RU. They likely have a pretty good idea of what to expect 30, 60 + days out population wise. I'll gladly eat a little shit from the queue the first week to not have empty servers in 2 weeks.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Exactly zero people in PRX said they had a sub 2 hour queue last night, so Scapes is full of it here.
I was reading the comments in that thread and someone wrote that the queue cant even say anything over 2 hours. Is that true? If so that's pretty fucking embarrassing to not even know how to read your own metrics.

Vitality

HUSTLE
F2P player like that can pick it up in a month and it won't matter much or them. At least the servers should still be mostly populated.

Trion has a lot of data from Korea and RU. They likely have a pretty good idea of what to expect 30, 60 + days out population wise. I'll gladly eat a little shit from the queue the first week to not have empty servers in 2 weeks.
It's well established that Korean and Internationally marketed games are not good figures to go by when releasing the game in the US.

The server will be empty in 2 weeks because of this bullshit. And if it isnt, the only people prospering will be large guilds, which will effectively lord over the server as a result.

Unfortunately the guilds that lord over the server will quickly realize they're Lords of a Pile of Shit and that they're wasting their time with nothing to show for their sporadic battles.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was reading the comments in that thread and someone wrote that the queue cant even say anything over 2 hours. Is that true? If so that's pretty fucking embarrassing to not even know how to read your own metrics.
The max it'll say is >1hr. The screenshot I posted before said 14hours, lol.

Oldbased

> Than U
I queued earlier at 2700 people, now down to 2100 in 2 hours.
The character select thing is I am convinced over 50% of this queue problem and I am not above it either. I used it yesterday when I had a adjuster call to meet me at a house for a roof claim.
I was gone 2 hours while at character select and logged right back in.
I did at least log all the way out this morning though. I guess I should have rejoined the queue then.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
Tuesday night, I launched queued up as soon as I was ready to play around 8PM. By 10:30PM I still had > 1hr so I gave up and went to bed.

Last night, I was a bit smarter and queued up when I got home from work at 6PM. I didn't get in until 11 PM and got to play for 1 hour after queuing for 7.5 hours over 2 days. What really makes me mad is that my patron timer keeps on ticking. Very low chances of me resubbing to sit in dumb fucking queues.

Edit: East Coast times.

Vitality

HUSTLE
My computer has been at character select for 11 hours so far.
cool.png

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Mine never shows more than >1hour anymore and yeah Skapes is full of shit.

It's well established that Korean and Internationally marketed games are not good figures to go by when releasing the game in the US.

The server will be empty in 2 weeks because of this bullshit. And if it isnt, the only people prospering will be large guilds, which will effectively lord over the server as a result.

Unfortunately the guilds that lord over the server will quickly realize they're Lords of a Pile of Shit and that they're wasting their time with nothing to show for their sporadic battles.
I don't know about that. Queues sure suck and don't get me wrong I think they need another server at minimum. Preferably when it launched as they would be more likely to get people to switch that will actually stick around but that isn't my call. Regardless I expect populations to plummet just like they did on Korea and RU in a few weeks regardless of the queue situation so I understand Trion being hesitant to open more servers.

Thing is there isn't anything out there remotely like this on the market. Maybe an argument could be made for Eve but reality is the MMO market is DRY and this is it until WoW's expansion. Do many people playing this game even care? Even so once that runs it course what is left? Still nothing. Black desert / EQN is a long way away so I don't think Trion is worried about the first week of queues in a f2p game which has no competition.

Regardless anyone in the know can remote in to start the queue early or avoid it all together.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

You're assuming it gets better in 2 weeks.

I made this post yesterday:

I keep seeing people say that they don't want Trion to open more servers because those will end up dead in a few months, but at this rate Trion is essentially driving people off in massive numbers. If they don't open more servers in the next few days, I'm pretty sure people will just move onto the next game. Had I not paid for this shit already, I'd just quit at this point.
To which this was a response:

I don't really see that. Most of the complaints aren't "I played this game and it sucks" it's "I want to play this game, can't, and it sucks." People will want it more because they'll want to get in and see what all the hubbub is about. Even if people say fuck it and don't touch it for a month, they'll be back because they didn't actually get to do anything. When the queues slow down, all these people complaining now (even you) will be back.

Meanwhile, the patrons who actually got in and did shit like Tuco and PRX are going to keep subbing to not lose what they already got. No way most people with a $150 package is just going to walk away after playing for two weeks. So all the F2Pers leave, big deal Trion says. Better yet, they get tired of being locked out as a cheeser and then decide "Fuck, guess I'll have to sub to get a better chance to get in". I think that's part of Trion's thinking as well about why so few servers along with the legit concern of ghost towns. In the end, since a F2Per can't own land, if someone starts as a sub and gets shit, I highly doubt they'll downgrade their sub and lose their edge.

It's funny; you're saying they are 'essentially driving off people in massive numbers' because it's too crowded. Reminds me of that Yogi Berra quote:"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

This game will end up being what it always was supposed to be... niche with a nice, stable population.
After that, however, I got to thinking. These queues aren't necessarily a result of excessive people wanting to play the game. They're a result of a flawed game model where players are rewarded for staying in game as long as possible (labor points), and where queues as a compounding problem lead to people camping out on the character select screen. Will those problems actually be resolved in a month? During the head start, with just patron players, we were faced with 2000+ people queues. Now we've finally added the F2P players, and we still have 2000+ people queues (with them increasing capacity somewhere between 30-40%). To me it sounds like this isn't a problem that's going to go away. If it were a normal MMO without labor and a working afk kick, I don't believe we'd have any queues right now; or at least minimal ones of 30-60 minutes.

And I agree with Vitality. Several weeks from now, the guild will be sitting "alone" on Kyrios with no one worthwhile to fight. We already don't really see much legitimate competition. I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but it's not looking good right now.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Thing is there isn't anything out there remotely like this on the market. Maybe an argument could be made for Eve but reality is the MMO market is DRY and this is it until WoW's expansion. Do many people playing this game even care? Even so once that runs it course? Still nothing. Black desert is a long way away so I don't think Trion is worried about the first week of queues in a f2p game which has no competition and stands out pretty well against the competition.
You're basically telling me I should be playing because it's the last woman on the planet, even though she's got a weight problem and complains all the time.

I for one am NOT desperate enough to be saying what you just said.

Don't get me wrong I like chubby girls, but not ones that bitch and don't put out.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Didn't the Ru and Kr populations die when they nerfed archeum drops? But ya, can't use dif markets to predict this one beyond the fact PVPers are the most fickle and transient of mmo players.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I disagree on no legit competition. Time will tell. When we start rolling perfect victories in Halceon event during prime time instead of getting rolled over I'll think about declaring that we've shown some dominance. From what I've seen the west has plenty of bite.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I disagree on no legit competition. Time will tell. When we start rolling perfect victories in Halceon event during prime time instead of getting rolled over I'll think about declaring that we've shown some dominance. From what I've seen the west has plenty of bite.
Maybe the problem is that I haven't been able to play substantially in 3 days. But through the head start, any time I rolled with a PRX group for PVP we dominated everyone we came across. Hopefully I can get some legitimate play time in sometime soon and see what you're talking about.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
You're basically telling me I should be playing because it's the last woman on the planet, even though she's got a weight problem and complains all the time.

I for one am NOT desperate enough to be saying what you just said.

Don't get me wrong I like chubby girls, but not ones that bitch and don't put out.
I play it because its a good game and there isn't anything better. So I accept eating some shit.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I play it because its a good game and there isn't anything better. So I accept eating some shit.
I disagree with every conceivable logic path you can take with this response. Especially after backing a product that took as drastic of a twist as this one.