Archeage

Cybsled

I usually just swap out if the #s are bigger while leveling up, since you will eventually replace the stuff anyways.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I got my queue started at 6am (PST), and it was at around 2000 already. Hopefully I can make it to char select and not crash at all by the time I get home. If that doesn't happen, I don't imagine I will get any playtime in this weekend at all. These queues are going to be fucking record setting this weekend. I'm guessing 6-7 hours for patron.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I think it people weren't using the character screen afk things might be a bit more palatable. As it stands, there is no other recourse. Like right now, I'm in game and I see very few people out and about, about a third or less than I usually see, and there's a substantial queue. That tells me most of the people "logged in" to the game aren't actually playing.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I hate to do it, but I have no choice. Yesterday got home and queued around 3:30, with 2260 people. Was still 600 ahead of me at 10, when I went to bed.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
And Eanna is down again. Is there a specific server on NA crashing occasionally? Trion must hate our server. They prolly checked out faction chat for a minute and just pulled the plug, because brain cancer.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I hate to do it, but I have no choice. Yesterday got home and queued around 3:30, with 2260 people. Was still 600 ahead of me at 10, when I went to bed.
Until Trion fixes it, I don't begrudge anyone from sitting at character select all day. Does it suck because I can't get in game? Absolutely. But they've really left us all with no other choice.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Until Trion fixes it, I don't begrudge anyone from sitting at character select all day. Does it suck because I can't get in game? Absolutely. But they've really left us all with no other choice.
Eventually it's going to hit mass saturation and queues will never end. That'll be pretty awesome.

Although they're likely to have the character select kick by then working. Can't wait to see what "log your toon in, run a few circles, go back to character select" bots people make!

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When you have a game mechanic that allows the player to prosper by simply being online and at a disadvantage when offline you are asking for trouble. This queue situation was fucking doomed from the start from dev stupidity.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yep. And now that people have become accustomed to being online 24/7 at char select they're more likely to use scripts to stay online 24/7 ingame when they fix the char select.

I don't think the demand for the game is any higher than earlier this week, it's just more people are using the char select work around. I think if you try to log in Saturday morning you might not get through the queue until Sunday.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I could probably setup a g15 macro that would have delays in it to last all day that would bounce you in and out of the logout grace period window.

Borderline Botting though. Technically not since it wouldn't be on a loop.

Basically just a wait 29 minute command then alt f4 then run program and a couple mouse clicks. Pretty simple really.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This type of game is going to have growing pains because of the nature of it with limited instancing and the importance of land. You can't have a megaserver so adding servers is a very tricky thing that you don't want to go overboard on. The mechanic in place with labor makes me wonder wtf they were thinking. The first thing any game dev should think about when creating a system is how will the playerbase exploit and abuse the fuck out of this. They simply didn't do this and made their own problems. I just hope they get this shit sorted out by the time I have time to play.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Is the offline/online labor regen in the other versions, or just ours?

It's a super dumb piece of game design, but "asian mmo" is mostly made of super dumb game design.

Vitality

HUSTLE
This type of game is going to have growing pains because of the nature of it with limited instancing and the importance of land. You can't have a megaserver so adding servers is a very tricky thing that you don't want to go overboard on. The mechanic in place with labor makes me wonder wtf they were thinking. The first thing any game dev should think about when creating a system is how will the playerbase exploit and abuse the fuck out of this. They simply didn't do this and made their own problems. I just hope they get this shit sorted out by the time I have time to play.
Don't count on it. Trion has very little elbow room with this game it seems.

Basically in order to avoid what you've said they'd have to put the current game on a planetside 2 continent.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is the offline/online labor regen in the other versions, or just ours?

It's a super dumb piece of game design, but "asian mmo" is mostly made of super dumb game design.
It's in all of them.

Changes to labor have a huge impact on the game, since almost the entirety of the game is based around using it. So don't expect to see any changes there. Even if the could, people would still avoid queues, because the majority of them are doing it to not get stuck in queues on the very popular servers and not for the labor regen. In the end you have, using made up numbers, 40k people trying to get on a server built to house 20-25k and putting in new servers, may move a couple thousand of out of that 40k, but the others want to play on that server for a reason.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm willing to bet they make a pass on character selection afk timers but completely forget about afking in Character Creation.

You heard it here first folks. More at 10.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Curious if they should of just closed character creation for new accounts to huge servers. Though that usually just brings its own shitstorm as people complain that can't play with friends, but then complain when they get to play with friends but have to sit in queue for hours because they chose the huge server as their home. Oh gamers.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Reports of having your large farm on a slope to be able to plant more than 20 trees (max on flat land via staggered arrangement)

Link