Archeage

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
And I agree with Vitality. Several weeks from now, the guild will be sitting "alone" on Kyrios with no one worthwhile to fight. We already don't really see much legitimate competition. I'd love to be proven wrong on this, but it's not looking good right now.
The lack of quality competition doesn't have to do with lack of interest; it has to do with availability (they can't get on), organization (they just aren't as organized as PRX is), and possibly other priorities (just getting around to doing things you guys did already).

I get exactly what you're saying, but again... people aren't cussing Scrapegoat out because the game sucks. By all accounts most of the complaints were the opposite: these people love this game or what little they've seen of it thus far and can't wait to get back in. If the product sucked to the majority of them, I could see people not coming back after the queues slowed down but that's not the case from most of the reading around and this is what Trion knows.

For example, this post:

Cash shop is a mess too still. Can't seem to buy gold, to purchase 30 days game time, so I can place my house.
Dead knows the shop is fucked. By all indication he knows Trion can't think their way out of a paper bag right now. He knows that evenifhe was actually able to throw his money at Trion like he wants to right now in that post (I'm sure he hit that "Purchase" button 1,000x by now), he still might not be able to get in the game to place his house. But yet that doesn't deter him fromwantingto spend that money knowing all that. He wants to play and probably will sit through a lot of shit to do it just like Ked said he would.

There will be a large amount of people who will drop and say enough in the coming days/weeks, but there will still be at least 50% of the people there by that time able to log in just about anytime they want... including a lot of freecheesers who will spend money to use the AH (mandatory), or to buy Labor points to catch up to the Patrons already in there doing stuff. Guilds will restock from those people and the 2-4 new servers they added by that time will dry up and the game will settle down right where Trion guessed it would; niche at about 4-6 servers of various guilds making alliances and fighting each other until they open up the castle stuff.

I probably won't play AA because Trion just validated everything I thought about them since they went F2P with their own game (mismanagement by Hartsman/ineptitude by devs), but I don't think AA is in serious trouble like TESO or WildStar was after people got to play those at length and the hype wore down, left and have no intention of coming back.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Yea screw this sit in queue for 3 hours press start boom crash to desktop. If I want abused by game companies I will go play DayZ thank you very much.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
By the time they fix the queue issues everyone will be too pissed off to play.

I'd simply write it off at this point and not waste any more of your time on it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Haha. Wow, I'm shocked. Started the queue up at 11:30am PST. Just got home from work, it's now 4:35pm PST. Still have 160 in front of me in queue. That's 5 hours of queue time (so far) on a fucking Thursday morning/afternoon.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Literally fuck this game. Hackshield decided I was trying to do something funny when I put a video fullscreen. Went from 1200 in line (a 5 hour wait just to get there I might add) to fucking 3800. Was disconnected for like 15 seconds.

What a load of horseshit.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Been playing on Naima since founder launch day 1. I've spent more time in queue than in game at this point.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Something I'm surprised noone has mentioned. I almost didn't mention it myself.

Last night I logged to character select at about 10:30 PM. I logged back in this evening at around 3 PM.

My labor went from about 1500 to 3600.

Do the math :p.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hartsman himself posted on the official forums that they had server hardware arrive this morning, and that they are working on it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lol @ them installing server hardware now. Like they didn't know how many founders there were. I don't think it's a hardware problem, it's just the game doesn't have the current feautre set to purge people.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Let me present you why you'll still have huge queues :

1gUFjUh.jpg

sebur

Bronze Squire
Something I'm surprised noone has mentioned. I almost didn't mention it myself.

Last night I logged to character select at about 10:30 PM. I logged back in this evening at around 3 PM.

My labor went from about 1500 to 3600.

Do the math :p.
Maybe I am missing something, it is 10 per 5 right? That should put you around the number that you have? I am also tired as fuck so maybe my brain isn't functioning correctly.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Motherfucker. 5 hours and 40 minutes in the queue. Played for about 45 min and now my internet crapped out. Fucking worthless ISP.

Edit: Ha! Bigger kick in the nuts. It just came back up, just barely over 10 minutes later. 3200 people in queue. I fucking hate this game.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
2900 in queue at 1pm this afternoon. Come home to find out the game has closed itself. Position 3669 at 6:30pm. D3 it is for tonight.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I remember seeing it in the thread but whoever said they seen something saying they will be kicking people sitting at char select...well it hasn't been done it yet, I left it on at 3am this morning and just got on at 8:45p since I was still sitting at char select. No queue again suckers!

moontayle

Golden Squire
So if I read that right, they did as much as they could to plan for this, even to the point of having servers ready and waiting to spin up and extra hardware to add to existing hardware to help with load... and still missed the mark pretty badly. Their calculations were either wildly off or the game really did exceed estimates by a large margin. Glad they're working on it at least.

I kind of feel for them on the hardware front though. That stuff is neither cheap nor quick to obtain, speaking from experience.