Archeage

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might be mistaken here but didn't Trion specifically get you into Alpha prior to founders packs?

If yes, we've got a difference there, I had to pay to get in.

If no, the hype on these forums is what drove my launch efforts, interest seems to be waning though.
No, I paid the $150.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
3-5 hour downtime? fuck :\ You would think they were rolling out an expansion.

Anyways, im currently lvl 33, finding a guild that isnt a bunch of f2p scrubs that dont do anything or have any land to pool resources is holding me back.

Stuck with a 8x8 small scarecrow due to anything bigger than an 8x8 is taken, makes the whole progression slow to a crawl... 4 trees and 8 small plants sucks.

Already have my speedboat though so, being all on my own hasn't been completely useless.

Started out as a darkrunner and switched to primeval, archery is low but still just so much easier to grind/kill stuff via kiting and I lucked out on a heroic bow on my last weapon quest from 2 crowns.

At this point, even after all the progress I've made, I would still be willing to reroll on a server with some people that know what their doing and can at least work together with people.

Game has been out long enough that the population is getting fragmented which is good and bad... Less people to fight with on quests but more people to be totally antisocial. Was on a kill x quest in cinderstone and wanted to group but it seems half the fucking server doesn't speak english or absolutely will not work with anyone not in their clique.

So, my only gripe at the moment is not being in a group of people/friends to work towards endgame.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
There's a way, if you're meticulous enough, to get more than that. See here:AA Farming stuff - Imgur
I was just saying last night....why the fuck do we have square farms and circle plants lol thanks for that link

http://www.archeagestatus.com/for watching when servers come up, usually when all are green the play button becomes available soon after. Great for a heads up if you're sitting on the couch or within eyes reach of your monitor.

I've learned trion's ETA's are never what they say they are, in a good way. they say 1 hour downtime? It's up within 20 minutes.

Since we're now in the realm of daily restarts, its becoming a ritual.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Friday should hopefully see some plots expiring. Not sure if there will actually be much worthwhile though.

I'd really like to get my farmhouse down though.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
If you have an open character slot, you can mitgate the big queues on the populated servers and use the queue timer on lesser populated servers. You wait until you queue into a less populated server and go back to server select and get into your real server without queue. Worked for me on European servers.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
really? I was getting 10 guild invites a day, and the constant in chat spam advertising guilds too on Lucius.

I don't recommend full f2p on this at all.
If you have ANY interest at all.
Sub up. 1 month.

The AH, and Labor is just essential. Farms pretty good for making cash too. Use that labor and access to all tools, etc, to make some gold.
Buy APEX, with gold sooner then later. Buy alot of it. The price on APEX will only go up. If you play a good amount, then hopefully you will have been able to buy 3-4 months of patreon status via Apex.
And if you didn't, I would suggest this game probably isn't for you in the first place, as that is kindof the indication of the time requirements to do anything in this.

I am not a super fan of the f2p-patreon split here. I very much like how DCUO did it. If $20 bought me permanent Patreon status, I would spend that cash in a minute.
Current system, they won't see a dime from me. (Granted better then wildstar)

also lol.
The ArcheAge Patron Program and APEX System

6/25/2014
It's probably because of the insane gold spam that I had to turn off faction and nation chat filters for a bit. Has it calmed down a bit? I'm aware of the F2P limitations, I'm just not sure I'm ready to commit to the game yet. I'm basically just buying time anyway because I'll probably jump in WoD when it launched in November.

Caliane

It's probably because of the insane gold spam that I had to turn off faction and nation chat filters for a bit. Has it calmed down a bit? I'm aware of the F2P limitations, I'm just not sure I'm ready to commit to the game yet. I'm basically just buying time anyway because I'll probably jump in WoD when it launched in November.
ha. pretty reasonable. I considered it a few times.
And no. constant blocking of gold spammers, and still just get new ones all the time.

I don't really see how this game would be all that fun, as a time waster till WoD. The zones, story, gameplay etc is not particularly good or exciting. a great many game elements seem to be from 1999. like completely outdated tagging mechanics. (spamming targeted instants to try and grab "tag", on camped npcs)
The "fun" is in the sandbox elder game. Which if you are just vacationing here, you won't really take part in.

Cybsled

Im surprised Dumar isn't playing this. Non instanced camps, grinds, and wait lists should be his dream game.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I might be mistaken here but didn't Trion specifically get you into Alpha prior to founders packs?

If yes, we've got a difference there, I had to pay to get in.

If no, the hype on these forums is what drove my launch efforts, interest seems to be waning though.
If my memory serves me, only a couple of PRX members were invited into the Alpha without having to pay for it. Kedwyn was one of them and he came here and posted about how AAge was going to be the best thing since sliced bread. A couple weeks later is when Trion started selling access to the alpha via $150 founders packs and the hype machine kicked in.

Last time I ever spend any money for access to an alpha/beta.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody completed one of the tier 1 hasla weapons yet? I just completed my faded staff but I can't seem to find the upgrade for the next one...don't want to collect all the tokens if it isn't in the game yet.
Tier 2 and 3 aren't available ingame right now. They'll become available again when Auroria comes up.

Oh, and the big P2W part of this game is on the biggest gear trademill: the item crafting. Getting those things that help regrading are almost a requirement for getting good gear. I think anyone with great gear in this game will have paid a lot of money to Trion for it.
It's cheaper to farm gold and buy them from AH. Anyone who can read can make at least 10-20g / day on a 16x16 farm. Of course to get lvl50 crafter gear you have to farm a lot of stuff but it's feasable since turnover is already happening, people quitting the game and giving their land to friends so they can sell it.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Kedwyn didnt say that. He gave an honest review and pointed out its flaws.
He didn't use the specific phrase "better than sliced bread" but his honest review was about as positive as you could possibly be towards a game. I forked out the $150 largely in part because of that review. My fault for that, not his.

Vitality

HUSTLE
To be fair resco, at the time that review tone was duely warranted, they then went on to change the game into something completely different.

Pretty big bait and switch on a lot of the items. Especially patron access and credit valuation.

Uzi_sl

shitlord
This somewhat restored my faith in MMO management.
rrr_img_76775.jpg

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
To be fair resco, at the time that review tone was duely warranted, they then went on to change the game into something completely different.

Pretty big bait and switch on a lot of the items. Especially patron access and credit valuation.
I'm aware of that and not pointing a finger at him. I'm just pointing out the sequence of events on the AAge hype train that started here a few months back. I don't know if alpha testers were under a NDA or not but I do remember the hype train here also started around the same time the Twitch streamers were able to start streaming the alpha.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Doesn't that happen with any MMO release around here? I'm certainly having more fun with ArcheAge than I did Wildstar, and Wildstar certainly had it's vocal supporters.