Archeage

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I hit 30 and my next areas are contested of sorts. I did 30ish minutes of peacetime leveling but I'm not really into being content for other people. I'll come back when they do pve servers and get a way to see what gear looks like before buying. Really fun 1 - 30.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I did 30ish minutes of peacetime leveling but I'm not really into being content for other people.I'll come back when they do pve servers
YZlOzR5.jpg

sebur

Bronze Squire
What are you thinking of spending on a merchant ship plans?
If I remember correctly we were talking in the neighbor hood of 1000g. I know we were talking about getting a Galleon as well which was in the area of 500g and I believe Merchant is slightly less than double the gilda over a Galleon so I think that is about right. I will double check at some point for ya.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
True but how many of those MMOs did people pay $150 to get into an alpha for a F2P game?
That's your own damn fault as a consumer. I have no idea why you idiots keeppayingfor access to something that devs used to practically beg gamers to do. It boggles my mind.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I suppose it depends on how you look at it. To be perfectly honest for what I assume is a lot of people on this board, the money is probably irrelevant. It is more about if they want to play it or not.

Vitality

HUSTLE
12 person queue at 7pm EST.

The people who got so frustrated by the queue a few days ago and quit are clowns who shouldn't play MMO releases.
Harsh words, the queue is only good now because the afk timer is 5 minutes and character select/creation is solved.

That being said, clowns or not, this release was not A-typical. Give me that at least.

Edit: Lets 1v1 and let me get it on highlight.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Harsh words, the queue is only good now because the afk timer is 5 minutes and character select/creation is solved.

That being said, clowns or not,this release was not A-typical.Give me that at least.

Edit: Lets 1v1 and let me get it on highlight.
I didn't take the refund, I just took some time off. That doesn't mean the issues weren't fucking ridiculous, or that this launch says anything about MMO launches, or the people playing them, in general. Sitting in line or not getting to play in WoW, or just about any other MMO, will lose you absolutely nothing that's not (and wasn't) the case here. People making blanket statements based on this one atrocious release are basically talking out of their asses.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
The Rerolled wildstar community did some great things in that game. Wildstar also didn't put the 11 hour queues on its playerbase.
Fuck you they didn't. My server on the first Saturday was way over 11 hours. Literally half our guild quit that day and never returned to the guild as they went to find new homes because of the queue. Let's not wear some rose colored glasses here. The queues were as long as the Archeage queues unless you went to one of the empty ass servers they added on day 2 or 3. Those servers are all now closing so....

Fuck you they didn't. My server on the first Saturday was way over 11 hours. Literally half our guild quit that day and never returned to the guild as they went to find new homes because of the queue. Let's not wear some rose colored glasses here. The queues were as long as the Archeage queues unless you went to one of the empty ass servers they added on day 2 or 3. Those servers are all now closing so....
Had some sick hoverboard and artwork though

rrr_img_76840.jpg

arr arr

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think they'll ever make pve servers for this game. I think it'll pretty much lose the point of the game.
How boring would trade pack runs be if there wasn't the risk of someone robbing your ass at any moment? Holy shit that would get old fast.

So far I'm liking this game in ways I haven't liked an mmo in a long time. It would be nice if they had some way to add meaningful/tactical pve raiding to flesh out the endgame but I can understand that not being their focus.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think they'll ever make pve servers for this game. I think it'll pretty much lose the point of the game.
How boring would trade pack runs be if there wasn't the risk of someone robbing your ass at any moment? Holy shit that would get old fast.

So far I'm liking this game in ways I haven't liked an mmo in a long time. It would be nice if they had some way to add meaningful/tactical pve raiding to flesh out the endgame but I can understand that not being their focus.
I don't think they'll add meaningful PvE either since that's not the games focus. I can see boredom setting in after a few months though and because this game is so highly guild dependent, once a few in a guild start leaving, it'll be like dominoes after that. Am I correct in thinking the PvP is somewhat flawed anyway since there are not meaningful penalties for getting killed or even being a murderer outside of trials?

One thing this game is not is alt friendly, especially since you can change skills at whim anyway. I'm not a big fan of games that make you slog through uneventful and boring content (in this case 1-30) just to get to the good stuff.

Caliane

I don't think they'll add meaningful PvE either since that's not the games focus. I can see boredom setting in after a few months though and because this game is so highly guild dependent, once a few in a guild start leaving, it'll be like dominoes after that. Am I correct in thinking the PvP is somewhat flawed anyway since there are not meaningful penalties for getting killed or even being a murderer outside of trials?

One thing this game is not is alt friendly, especially since you can change skills at whim anyway. I'm not a big fan of games that make you slog through uneventful and boring content (in this case 1-30) just to get to the good stuff.
well.. alts+labor farming maybe. Otherwise, yeah, no real point to alts given how respecing works.