Archeage

rrr_img_76843.jpg

Seems like the courtroom in Solis is an easy way to AFK, if you can get a seat...

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Only use for alts that I see is mostly for doing solo tradepacks swap to reduce the risk of the traderoutes.

Caliane

I think the ease of class swapping might be a bit of a negative for this kind of game.
Class interaction might be TOO easy.
There already is no craft based classes. And Song is the only class with real non-combat use, I can think of. Which again, since its so easy for everyone to just swap classes and level song themselves, for that runspeed buff, you can't really leverage yourself on that at all.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Best thing to do is to pick your class intelligently.

Classes - ArcheAge Wiki

If you want ranged DPS I recommend primeval, if you want melee darkrunner is good. If you want a caster then daggerspell is good. Good thing about primeval/darkrunner is they both have the top two 'universal' pvp trees: auramancy/shadowplay that many good pvp DPS specs have. Daggerspell has one. The thing about this game is that the real grind is the gear grind, so switching between one caster class to another is easy as long as you can use gear with int on it.

After that just progress through the quest lines.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I need one of those planting diagrams for an Aquafarm. I can get 20 trees on my large farm pretty easy but the aquafarm still has me kinda stumped as to how to maximize the white and blue coral.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Fall damage is nice for getting around, but Drop Back can accomplish a lot of the same usefulness (mainly "I'm gliding in and don't want to wait an hour to circle down, fuck it, I'm dropping now").

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
firran have the best racial. If you have shadowplay (which means you have drop back) then it doesn't really matter.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm kind of dubious on how much the Firran racial actually helps. I take a lot of fall damage still. It seems pretty comparable to Harani.

The Firran racial certainly isn't substantial enough for use with the glider. You really need drop back if you're planning on jumping off your glider at any decent height.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's not that you're gimped without being Firran, it's just that Harani don't have combat racial bonuses.

Now if you're saying the 20% isn't working it's a different story. Personally I doubt it'd be easy to determine without real testing.

PVP is keeping my attention for now because its less tedious than the game i was playing previously (EQ - Red99) but i can see it run out of steam after a while. Im eager to get to 50 and see what end game is like. I didnt like darkfall that much but dropping someone and getting to loot everything he carried was pretty nice, they probably need to add more shit that drops when you kill somebody. Said earlier today i had flashbacks of PVP in tarren mills in WoW classic from fighting near HF, and i meant that as a good thing, but in the long run it can be a bad thing and it needs to run deeper than that if its gonna have some longevity. Having fun for now for sure though.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I still have issues getting 20 trees on a farm. Tried following the placement diagrams but I really don't feel like spending 5 minutes lining up everything perfectly. I've settled back on dropping down 16 and then filling up the middle with something else that's needed.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have a mouse that lowers the sensitivity on the fly, that helps a lot. I still only get 20 on about 70% of them though.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I have a mouse that lowers the sensitivity on the fly, that helps a lot. I still only get 20 on about 70% of them though.
I'm way too lazy for this. The day I can finally plant mushroom seed bundles will be the best day of my life.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm way too lazy for this. The day I can finally plant mushroom seed bundles will be the best day of my life.
Oh man, I'd love that. Not sure if PRX is funneling mushrooms anymore (I doubt it), but I need assloads for potions.

I've got something like 4000 tier 1 potions, 100 tier 2 potions, and 200 tier 3 potions. But they all, even the very top tier, require either mushrooms or medicinal powder.

But I hate having to plant all those small plants, especially with short grow times. Part of that is because my farms are in Hasla and I'm always seeing groups of reds flying through. But I need tons of mushrooms, lavender, lotus, and ginseng, all of which are the tiny plants. And then also gingko which are fucking massive trees. Think I'm up to about 100 gingko.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I did one large farm full of mushrooms then thought 'fuck your guys' alchemy'. I might switch to mushroom bundles soon to help with that. Until now I've been growing trees for lumber to help everyone build their farms, but most people are pretty much done and I have some 800 lumber saved up.