Archeage

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most people on Kyrios just seem confused about all the hatred towards PRX, but there is certainly a vocal minority that just outrights hates PRX with the fury of a thousand suns. Even the Player Killer guilds (Laughing Coffin, ect) get last flak than PRX.

I guess success breeds enemies.
its not really success as its noone likes guilds who run around with 200 people. It makes games miserable to play with or against them when the lag it brings rears its head, when your lost as just another one in a group of many, etc.

Youll see the same in any faction chat on different servers. On Naima or whatever its called, East is getting its shit pushed in by a much larger western faction and theres no success to really be found. However, the big zerg guilds like DVS still get flak 24/7 just because its not fun to play with them.

sebur

Bronze Squire
its not really success as its noone likes guilds who run around with 200 people. It makes games miserable to play with or against them when the lag it brings rears its head, when your lost as just another one in a group of many, etc.

Youll see the same in any faction chat on different servers. On Naima or whatever its called, East is getting its shit pushed in by a much larger western faction and theres no success to really be found. However, the big zerg guilds like DVS still get flak 24/7 just because its not fun to play with them.
Ya, I never really understood this TBH. Most people hate DVS because they are shit heads and will PK their own faction to take hasla tokens etc. That and I have seen Latinus and other west guilds just completely over take areas with a much more organized force compared to DVS. I don't understand the hatred towards a helpful guild like PRX unless they are doing something that I am missing. It sounds like PRX actually fights back and helps out its faction as opposed to the bigger guilds on Naima.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It's just jealousy. People want to pretend they can make a little guild with their 3 best friends and accomplish things. They correctly identify that the only thing holding them back is that other people make larger guilds. Instead of doing that, they'd rather be mad.

Also, I imagine a lot of these guys have no fucking idea how much behind-the-scenes logistics it takes to handle a "zerg-guild", especially one with history and presence like PRX. They probably think its just like running their "nothing but RL friend" guild, except with more winning.

Bruman

Golden Squire
you can solo everything to 50 gilda stars except for the boss fight in Lutesong Harbor. Youll get to 50 before fighting the boss in silent hills so its really just a 3 talk to npc y and run to location x quests.
Again, at least for cat race, that is not the case. You will need to go to Silent Forest for your 50. The boss is also soloable for some classes (I did it as a 14 Daggerspell).

If you're trying to solo the boss and not even coming close, pay attention to the quest - you get an item that you should use on him. Without it, it would be impossible. With it, it was kinda close, but very doable.

In other news, I think my interest is already waning. I didn't even log in yesterday. Too many times of "log in, rotate crops, see if anything was going on (there wasn't), log out". When stuff is happening though (I joined a pug Halycona one time on the weekend, in addition to at least 2 guild runs of it), it's pretty damn fun. Except the "ganked by 15 reds who camp the portal entrance in Sun's End" part, haha. But our pug raid still won.

Cybsled

Ok leveling on Kyrios, when should I start worrying about getting a farm/land and what is the best way to go about getting a plot? Are there any plots still available?
Land is pretty much all gone unless you get lucky. Your best bet is to look around for expiring properties or see if someone overlooked an 8x8 plot somewhere.

Caliane

Again, at least for cat race, that is not the case. You will need to go to Silent Forest for your 50. The boss is also soloable for some classes (I did it as a 14 Daggerspell).

If you're trying to solo the boss and not even coming close, pay attention to the quest - you get an item that you should use on him. Without it, it would be impossible. With it, it was kinda close, but very doable.

In other news, I think my interest is already waning. I didn't even log in yesterday. Too many times of "log in, rotate crops, see if anything was going on (there wasn't), log out". When stuff is happening though (I joined a pug Halycona one time on the weekend, in addition to at least 2 guild runs of it), it's pretty damn fun. Except the "ganked by 15 reds who camp the portal entrance in Sun's End" part, haha. But our pug raid still won.
I have to wonder how its possible. but have not actually tried. I mean, what level are you at completion of this? and where are you getting your gear upgrades to keep pace?

Would have to note, there are places to get gildastars other then the green quests as well, which can help your numbers. Daily's at various locations. nui shrines. The daily city mentee quest at 20.(probably more like this, in other cities, but this one I have seen.)

Bruman

Golden Squire
I have to wonder how its possible. but have not actually tried. I mean, what level are you at completion of this? and where are you getting your gear upgrades to keep pace?

Would have to note, there are places to get gildastars other then the green quests as well, which can help your numbers. Daily's at various locations. nui shrines. The daily city mentee quest at 20.(probably more like this, in other cities, but this one I have seen.)
I don't remember many specifics - I didn't play in alpha or beta, really had no idea what I was doing, and was just following green quests. As I did say in the quoted post though, I fought the boss at level 14 (I think). I was running in crap gear. I just used my CC as needed to heal up, remember that you can eat food during a fight, so keep that going and keep pots on cooldown, along with using the quest item.

moontayle

Golden Squire
The first one is far easier I feel since I never see anyone collect all the clover and crap everywhere, just need to get cherries.
Need a Large Farm at a minimum and probably three Cherry trees at least so you can do it once a day unless you're lucky enough to run across them out and about. If you have a clipper the station in Villanelle is near the sea so head there and just run the coastline. Did that this morning before I got the kids off to school and didn't take me long (had to stop a few times so I couldn't determine actual time to completion but it can't be more than fifteen minutes via that route). This route won't make you super rich but I figure it's a nice supplemental income with zero risk and is fairly quick. 35g a week isn't anything to sniff at.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Most people on Kyrios just seem confused about all the hatred towards PRX, but there is certainly a vocal minority that just outrights hates PRX with the fury of a thousand suns. Even the Player Killer guilds (Laughing Coffin, ect) get last flak than PRX.

I guess success breeds enemies.
Smaller shitty guilds want to dictate what the appropriate size for a guild is and what a battle should be. They fancy themselves as elite pvpers when all they usually turn out to be is gankers. They aren't interested in large scale pvp because they can't compete and cry when the numbers aren't in their favor. They cry about lag and a ton of other bullshit and you see the same excuses over and over because it's not fair.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Walk up to the scarecrow or building and press F. When you get close you should see the tips pop up on the screen with a F for info and G for using tools.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I hit level 23/24 last night with Battlerage, Auramancy, Vitalism. It's not a bad combo, but I need Vitality to send me a stack of 5000 mana pots. I'm either going to play this combo at 50 or level another class to roll a Templar/Cleric.

Currently running with a 2H Hammer with some great stats on it.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I hit level 23/24 last night with Battlerage, Auramancy, Vitalism. It's not a bad combo, but I need Vitality to send me a stack of 5000 mana pots. I'm either going to play this combo at 50 or level another class to roll a Templar/Cleric.

Currently running with a 2H Hammer with some great stats on it.
You east or west? Mana pots are pretty cheap on the market, look into soups too. I haven't been playing much, haven't had much reason to.

I probably should have joined PRX at this point to atleast have some fun... I don't agree with the twitch policy they have so that's put on hold. (I'm not some big time streamer, but my friends/family/gf etc like watching me play pretty regularly so that's all I'm gonna say about that).

moontayle

Golden Squire
Probably not a good idea to stream very much in games like this. Maybe small group stuff where the importance isn't all that much but definitely put the kibash on anything large scale like Halcyona War or large Trade Pack runs. If the wrong person finds your feed you're in for a bad day at the office.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Probably not a good idea to stream very much in games like this. Maybe small group stuff where the importance isn't all that much but definitely put the kibash on anything large scale like Halcyona War or large Trade Pack runs. If the wrong person finds your feed you're in for a bad day at the office.
PRX fights streamers all the time, they get better fights for it too, from the links tuco's posted. The pubstomps seem pretty one-and-done.

This games PVP isn't worth enough to be scared of streaming, IMO.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Jumped on a different server just to watch the mayhem of Good Swarm being themselves.

The trials are hilarious.

moontayle

Golden Squire
PRX fights streamers all the time, they get better fights for it too, from the links tuco's posted. The pubstomps seem pretty one-and-done.

This games PVP isn't worth enough to be scared of streaming, IMO.
I agree with you, it's generally fine, but there's a difference between being scared and being prudent. Being prudent means not streaming when your guild is attempting to run 60+ packs. Just sayin'

Vitality

HUSTLE
I agree with you, it's generally fine, but there's a difference between being scared and being prudent. Being prudent means not streaming when your guild is attempting to run 60+ packs. Just sayin'
I mean that's pretty obvious. It's not as black and white as some people make it out to be.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
youll need to go to silent hills but you wont have to fight the boss fight there, which is the only part which would require another persons help. There are 4 story quests in silent hills for the cats, 1 is to talk to someone, 1 is to kill 3 warlock councillors which are weak mobs to start with. it doesnt require an extra person and the last is just to walk up to the egg or crystal or whatever it is. With those 3 done, your 50 gilda stars are complete.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Smaller shitty guilds want to dictate what the appropriate size for a guild is and what a battle should be. They fancy themselves as elite pvpers when all they usually turn out to be is gankers. They aren't interested in large scale pvp because they can't compete and cry when the numbers aren't in their favor. They cry about lag and a ton of other bullshit and you see the same excuses over and over because it's not fair.
smaller guilds complain about large scale pvp because it lags the game and the skill of the player doesnt matter when your playing a slideshow. Past games have shown that these smaller guilds dont mind allying up with each other to take out bigger threats like PRX but doing so ruins the game.

as far as dictating the appropriate size of a guild in archeage, XLGames has done that for us. Theyve set hard limits on what you can bring to castle fights so you shouldnt need much more than what it takes to fill that number on a consistant basis.