Archeage

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Hate to break it to the small guilds but the small scale PvP in this game, if you can call it that, are groups of people roaming around warzones (many of which are level 35 to 45 players) and ganking the shit out of people for honor. Real honorable.

The issue is most of these pussies are used to being able to be dicks to others in games without any consequences. In this game they are used to being able to muscle their way in for what they want without any consequence as well. See that random with pack? Fuck him and take it. What is he going to do? Want that farming spot in Hasla? Move in and just KS the mobs.

Then when they get flagged on and raped they cry how its unfair. People prey on the weak and when they are used to that and someone stronger smacks them on the nose it hurts.

The numbers thing is all bullshit as well. People high five themselves when they go 5 deep into a warzone and come out with a few hundred honor after destroying the solo, duo, trios out there trying to level. There are no fair fights in open world games and people that bitch about them are retards. Hit up the arena and get wrecked there for your fair fight. You certainly are not going to find it in Hellswamp with your fully geared 50 ganking randoms.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not huge on PVP, it doesn't bother me much so far in AA. I will PVP when I need to, but most of the time, I am a carebear.
smile.png

A few days ago, I was in Windscour Savanah at level 46 or 47 questing solo when the zone was in Tension. I generally avoid Reds, and most of the time they leave me alone...everyone is just questing and for the most part minding their own business.

So I am fight a mob, mini-boss 1 star type. When the mob is about to die, I get jumped by 2 Reds. I decide just to finish my mob since it's about dead, and there's no way I'll survive a 2 vs 1 while fight a mob at same tme...I manage to kill and get quest credit.

I revive, go back my quest area...I don't see the 2 reds, go back to my questing, and as soon I engage a mob...they jump me again, this time I fight back and do some damage but still die.

This time though, I revive and rush back...and jump them while they are still hurt from the fight. I kill both. They come back, but not at same time...kill both 1 at a time. They come back but ignore me and start questing, I kill them again. One of them leaves, and the other comes back to do some more questing...I kill him again. And again once more till he logs, gets on a different character on my faction and gives me shit for not leaving him alone to his questing. I point out he started it. I tell him if he leaves me alone, I'll leave him alone.

He logs back in, I kill him again.
smile.png

He switch back again to give me shit, I put him on ignore and go back to questing, and never saw him again that night.
smile.png

All in all, it was fun...but I would have prefered to be left alone to my questing in the first place.
smile.png

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm not huge on PVP, it doesn't bother me much so far in AA. I will PVP when I need to, but most of the time, I am a carebear.
smile.png

A few days ago, I was in Windscour Savanah at level 46 or 47 questing solo when the zone was in Tension. I generally avoid Reds, and most of the time they leave me alone...everyone is just questing and for the most part minding their own business.

So I am fight a mob, mini-boss 1 star type. When the mob is about to die, I get jumped by 2 Reds. I decide just to finish my mob since it's about dead, and there's no way I'll survive a 2 vs 1 while fight a mob at same tme...I manage to kill and get quest credit.

I revive, go back my quest area...I don't see the 2 reds, go back to my questing, and as soon I engage a mob...they jump me again, this time I fight back and do some damage but still die.

This time though, I revive and rush back...and jump them while they are still hurt from the fight. I kill both. They come back, but not at same time...kill both 1 at a time. They come back but ignore me and start questing, I kill them again. One of them leaves, and the other comes back to do some more questing...I kill him again. And again once more till he logs, gets on a different character on my faction and gives me shit for not leaving him alone to his questing. I point out he started it. I tell him if he leaves me alone, I'll leave him alone.

smile.png

He switch back again to give me shit, I put him on ignore and go back to questing, and never saw him again that night.
smile.png

All in all, it was fun...but I would have prefered to be left alone to my questing in the first place.
smile.png
My Justice Boner(tm) is in full swing after reading that, thanks =D

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gotta love these little butthurt guilds that want to dictate the terms of fair open world pvp. Fucking laughable.

Bruman

Golden Squire
smile.png

smile.png

smile.png

smile.png
That's fucking great.

I wish I had some awesome PVP revenge story, but I'm terrible at it.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i agree that theres no such thing as fair in open world pvp and thats why i love it. However, theres also no need to run around with a group large enough that youll never find another one big enough to challenge you. The challenge is the fun. Even in open world games, theres a fine balance between winning and entertainment.

Oldbased

> Than U
If you guys East see Mints, leave her alone. I got a list of about 200 same faction to start killing now. Uprooters, assholes and pvp cowards.
Now that I have my jury cloak, remaining non pirate is going to be a full time job.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i agree that theres no such thing as fair in open world pvp and thats why i love it. However, theres also no need to run around with a group large enough that youll never find another one big enough to challenge you. The challenge is the fun. Even in open world games, theres a fine balance between winning and entertainment.
If you don't bring a force large enough someone else will, that is the nature of the game. Should they give more objectives for smaller guilds to compete in? Yes. The fact is those small guilds NEVER pass on a chance to wreck 5 people if they have 20. I guarantee you the 5 person group then calls the 20 man group a zerg. Organizing a large force is also not easy and is easily wiped by a force of lesser organized people. Look at Goon squad and Ruin in GW2 as examples of huge forces that got rolled and farmed for bags.

Fun is winning and winning is fun.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GW2 is a bad example because the WvWvW was capped on people so each faction had a relatively equal number to keep things interesting, much the same way castle fights in Archeage will be.

Winning isnt always fun. Those 20 people that killed 5 dont stop to congratulate themselves, there isnt a sense of accomplishment or anything from taking out a force 1/4 the size. Id even argue losing in that case is more fun than winning if your able to take out 5-10 of the 20 man force before dying.

my example would be that everyday I kill Xen of Onslaught, another old school zerg guild like PRX, for their trade packs. When I do, they bring 5-10 people to hunt me down. Now I can guarantee Im having more fun than those 5-10 people killing a few of them before they find me even though Im not really winning.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
GW2 is a bad example because the WvWvW was capped on people so each faction had a relatively equal number to keep things interesting, much the same way castle fights in Archeage will be.

Winning isnt always fun. Those 20 people that killed 5 dont stop to congratulate themselves, there isnt a sense of accomplishment or anything from taking out a force 1/4 the size. Id even argue losing in that case is more fun than winning if your able to take out 5-10 of the 20 man force before dying.

my example would be that everyday I kill Xen of Onslaught, another old school zerg guild like PRX, for their trade packs. When I do, they bring 5-10 people to hunt me down. Now I can guarantee Im having more fun than those 5-10 people killing a few of them before they find me even though Im not really winning.
Yet in GW2 the term zerg guild was constantly thrown around and was the foundation of every excuse for losing. My example of 20v5 can be shown to be true in plenty of you tube videos and twitch streams where a large force decimates a smaller one and giggles all around. Are there excpetions? Of course. You can't deny that many pvpers enjoy ganking and rolling smaller forces and enjoy it, in fact that's usually the only time they will engage. I don't know what kind of system can be put in place to give you those fair battles that you want besides WoW battlegrounds and arena.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yet in GW2 the term zerg guild was constantly thrown around and was the foundation of every excuse for losing. My example of 20v5 can be shown to be true in plenty of you tube videos and twitch streams where a large force decimates a smaller one and giggles all around. Are there excpetions? Of course. You can't deny that many pvpers enjoy ganking and rolling smaller forces and enjoy it, in fact that's usually the only time they will engage. I don't know what kind of system can be put in place to give you those fair battles that you want besides WoW battlegrounds and arena.
Noone needs to give me fair battles. If i see a force of 50 with my 5, we arnt going to engage. I just dont understand where the entertainment is for those 50 people who run around for hours before finding a fight they can actually lose. I guess its a situation where those who can do, those who cant zerg. It will be interesting to see how many zerglings stick around when they start losing castle battles that are locked to 75 people, and then losing their houses with it.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Winning isnt always fun. Those 20 people that killed 5 dont stop to congratulate themselves, there isnt a sense of accomplishment or anything from taking out a force 1/4 the size.
See your problem is you've been hanging around PvPers with some sort of ancient code. That isn't actually how PvP works these days though.

How it works is... my group will kill you and then we'll teabag you, kick your corpse and sit on your corpse until you respawn. Then if you're stupid enough to come right back, we'll kill you again and say how much you suck. We might even figure out a way to communicate with you and tell you that in chat if you're wrong factioned. If you get buddies and kill us we'll probably leave or, we'll call more of our buddies and kill those guys too.

If it works, then we've successfully kicked off a 'great server war'. If our buddies aren't on, we'll go look for someone else to kill in a different area or logout until they are. That's what most people think PvP is in just about any game where you can bring the numbers.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
See your problem is you've been hanging around PvPers with some sort of ancient code. That isn't actually how PvP works these days though.

How it works is... my group will kill you and then we'll teabag you, kick your corpse and sit on your corpse until you respawn. Then if you're stupid enough to come right back, we'll kill you again and say how much you suck. We might even figure out a way to communicate with you and tell you that in chat if you're wrong factioned. If you get buddies and kill us we'll probably leave or, we'll call more of our buddies and kill those guys too.

If it works, then we've successfully kicked off a 'great server war'. If our buddies aren't on, we'll go look for someone else to kill in a different area or logout until they are. That's what most people think PvP is in just about any game where you can bring the numbers.
i dare say the problem isnt the pvpers im hanging out with but rather the ones you do. also the ones i hang out with kill you, teagbag your corpse then laugh as you call in more buddies and we kill then teabag them too. it just gets funnier the more people you call in.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
The people roaming around looking for random Pvp in leveling zones confuse me. I think it's a classic case of 'you're doing it wrong.' People like that will quit soon from boredom, especially if you are in a Zerg.
If you're not partaking in trade runs with lots of oceanic travel, and fighting over massive tree farms or cutting a swath to free ditch, you're not playing the game right

sebur

Bronze Squire

You sound like you are on my server (Naima) cause I hate Xen and try to fuck them over at every turn. I had something similar the other day where my group of 3 friends were messing around out in the ocean when we had a Cutter and 3 clippers roll up on us. Needless to say about 20 jumped off the ship at us, we killed about 5 or 6 and then managed to book it to the safe zone which was really close buy and laughed at them. To your point, I am sure we were having way more fun than them.

Are you on Naima Byr? Perhaps we need to meet up and cause some more havoc lol. My IGN is same as forum if you are on Naima.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
i dare say the problem isnt the pvpers im hanging out with but rather the ones you do. also the ones i hang out with kill you, teagbag your corpse then laugh as you call in more buddies and we kill then teabag them too.
Oy vey. Since you couldn't tell that wasn't about you, I'll have to make it clear.

*It wasn't about you.*

Genre has changed, man. You claim no one pats themselves on the back after killing an inferior force. I simply don't know where you've been playing recently where that isn't the norm. Whether it's CoD, Team Fortress or any MMO with PvP... the goal most people have is to overwhelm whoever they are going to fight in whatever way they can. They just do it off of how they would if it was actual warfare... superior numbers.

Even games where the sides are 'even' at start, there's a need to isolate and decimate your opponents by numbers if you can as a valid strategy. I don't know anyone who says"No man. Don't attack that guy holding that flag. He's just one guy. Wait until they get another guy to help him then it's sporting, old chap."

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You sound like you are on my server (Naima) cause I hate Xen and try to fuck them over at every turn. I had something similar the other day where my group of 3 friends were messing around out in the ocean when we had a Cutter and 3 clippers roll up on us. Needless to say about 20 jumped off the ship at us, we killed about 5 or 6 and then managed to book it to the safe zone which was really close buy and laughed at them. To your point, I am sure we were having way more fun than them.

Are you on Naima Byr? Perhaps we need to meet up and cause some more havoc lol. My IGN is same as forum if you are on Naima.
im Byr on naima, playing with TheMercs. If you go to trial, just say killing mercs. More effective than killing bots.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I play in a "small scale" PvP guild, we're usually 5-15 people online, mostly doing PvP/PK piracy in open sea. When we're not killing people and robbing them from their tradepacks, it's mostly random roam PvP, like wandering around Hasla token farm spot, Karkasse, Freedich and whatnot. On our server there are big ass guilds with 100-200+ people. They usually run 50 people raids every night, trying to fuck other big ass guilds. To us we're mostly guerilla : we sometimes get some of them if they're away from the pack, or just fuck around with our small crew, making sure not to stand in front of them. Long story short,we adapt. Not every "small scale" PvP is a bunch of underage gankers calling people names as soon as someone kills them.