Archeage

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So instead I'll just create an alt account and take up an online server slot with it instead for more Labor?

/disclaimer, I'm level 2 and have no idea WTF 99.99% of the game is about
Nah, after a certain amount of time your alt will be kicked because you're AFK. But if free accounts got lp, then bots could just hoard it and rape the economy. I think that's why they want paying players to be the only ones to really get LP.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Macros are a thing you know. Set an alt inside an inn or something, set the macro to open and close your map every three minutes and loop endlessly.

At this point I'd be sure their sweeps aren't as aggressive now that queue times have leveled out, if they even appear.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
i just hit level 30 on my daggerspell and finished up the story line so i have about 65 gilda. i'm still free to play. what should i spend them on? just a boat? or save up for a 150 glider? seems like that would take a while.

the only way to get a faster mount is the 50g horse?

also, what should i be burning labor on? i always have 2,000. buy iron from the ah and just right click it until labor is gone?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
i just hit level 30 on my daggerspell and finished up the story line so i have about 65 gilda. i'm still free to play. what should i spend them on? just a boat? or save up for a 150 glider? seems like that would take a while.

the only way to get a faster mount is the 50g horse?

also, what should i be burning labor on? i always have 2,000. buy iron from the ah and just right click it until labor is gone?
Spend your labor mining unless you really want to do a craft. Mine until level 40 or so then save 5000 labor until like level 47ish. Spend your 5000 labor on all that shit you mined and you will be 50.

@ the afk alt conversation - You can only have one instance of the game running per computer so good luck tricking your machine in to letting you run a ton of instances to get all that free labor.

@the F2P conversation - In my guild, we have almost all of the trade skills as maxed as I would ever need them. I doubt I will sub after this month and just use my labor to collect shit for them to use in making my gear.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Spend your labor mining unless you really want to do a craft. Mine until level 40 or so then save 5000 labor until like level 47ish. Spend your 5000 labor on all that shit you mined and you will be 50.

@ the afk alt conversation - You can only have one instance of the game running per computer so good luck tricking your machine in to letting you run a ton of instances to get all that free labor.

@the F2P conversation - In my guild, we have almost all of the trade skills as maxed as I would ever need them. I doubt I will sub after this month and just use my labor to collect shit for them to use in making my gear.
If he stays F2p, the most he'll be able to save is 2000 on labor. To hit cap (from 0) he would need to be online for 40 hours.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
pXkEyoR.jpg

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Holy fuck at that forest of trees... that's some crazy dedication. And yeah, 2 thunderstrucks is pretty horrible.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
So if I sub right now, can I get from 26 to 50 in a reasonable amount of time without questing? Actually, I wouldn't mind questing every few levels just to try out some new skills, but would mostly want to avoid it.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Give Caesar his due and God his, that screen is allegedly from VoTF guild on Dahuta server. Anyway got into some thrilling naval warfare tonight, we sank 1 galleon, 6-7 clippers and stole 10 tradepacks upon some epic fights, being boarded and managed to kill them and take over. This game is so punishing yet so rewarding when you get your shit straight. Feels I haven't had since Star Wars Galaxies.

Of course it's "farm gear all day everyday and test it during primetime PvP" model, but man those naval fights are so fucking glorious once they happen. Of course you can spend a whole evening roaming the seas without any proper PvP encounter, but when it happens, it's like china fireworks on your crotch. It's all about guild warfare. You know you're doing good stuff when the guys you just PK'd fairly ask for next round.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
As a patron who spends zero dollars I mine, make stone, make iron ingots and hereafter stones daily. I gain about a level a day off of the labor I made while offline at level 40.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Anybody know if I make a trade pack on my alt and drop it on my farm/house if it is safe or do I as the owner on my main char have to drop it there?

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody know if I make a trade pack on my alt and drop it on my farm/house if it is safe or do I as the owner on my main char have to drop it there?
your entire account has access to your own properties. You also cant drop a tradepack on owned land that you dont have permissions for.

The key word to almost everything in this game is patience, especially when it comes to things like leveling. That's probably why it's going to be a niche game in the end after the shiny wears off. Your average player doesn't have that kind of patience anymore to play this type of game when most grew up in the WoW era. I think the land situation (which I think shouldn't change btw) is going to drive some players away because people have this sense of entitlement (one look at the forums tells you that) and if they see stuff in game, they think they should have a reasonable means to get it. I like the game but it's not the end all-be all, there will be burnout because that is the nature of MMORPG's these days. At least the game is a fresher take on the genre then some of the recycled crap that gets churned out (Wildstar/ESO I'm looking at you).
If it took 5X the time but wasnt boring, i wouldnt mind, theres absolutely nothing new there that i havent done in 10 mmos before it. It feels like a way too drawn out tutorial.

Edit: to be clear, im talking about the quest grind to 50. Im having way more fun now that im done with that.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah the leveling process is horrible. It's relatively short, but it's horrible. You don't get skill points every level and somewhere around the 20s quests go from killing 6 dudes to killing 12.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
After being victorious in the Halcyona war, we gathered together, organized into rows and took a group screenshot.
QYXmK7I.jpg

FgXR4HP.jpg

Smaller shitty guilds want to dictate what the appropriate size for a guild is and what a battle should be. They fancy themselves as elite pvpers when all they usually turn out to be is gankers. They aren't interested in large scale pvp because they can't compete and cry when the numbers aren't in their favor. They cry about lag and a ton of other bullshit and you see the same excuses over and over because it's not fair.
smaller guilds complain about large scale pvp because it lags the game and the skill of the player doesnt matter when your playing a slideshow. Past games have shown that these smaller guilds dont mind allying up with each other to take out bigger threats like PRX but doing so ruins the game.

as far as dictating the appropriate size of a guild in archeage, XLGames has done that for us. Theyve set hard limits on what you can bring to castle fights so you shouldnt need much more than what it takes to fill that number on a consistant basis.
Regarding the large vs small guild discussion here's my opinion: There's no wrong way to play this kind of game. There's nothing wrong with grouping up with your friends and hunting other small groups, or grouping your friends with a large guild and going to war with other large groups.

My enjoyment from open-world PVP (archeage) or siege-PvP(GW2) games comes from the meta-game of entering a game with our Rerolled/PRX force, becoming the baddest dudes we can and annihilating our enemies throughout the game. I enjoy the small combat skirmishes, but I play these games to go to war with an enemy and use every tool available to diminish them. These games are all battles of attrition and morale and there is nothing like the feeling of going against an enemy who thinks they can beat you and eroding their confidence through giving them losses. Personally I wish Kyrios had another group that could directly compete with PRX in the same way we do. I'm hoping that the upcoming castle system will at least coalesce the server into four alliances (one for each castle) but I doubt it will.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know a lot of games have bots and hacks, but damn is there a shitload of them in this game.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Yeah the leveling process is horrible. It's relatively short, but it's horrible. You don't get skill points every level and somewhere around the 20s quests go from killing 6 dudes to killing 12.
And the 12 you kill are worth like the same number of exp points they always were but the amount you need to gain a level has gone up exponentially.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I finally hit 50 last night on my main, mostly through farming, and crafting. She's not even done with the Silent Forest quests yet.
smile.png

I switched all 3 of her skillset to something else, managed to get those to 20 while crafting. So they are almost high enough for the zones she's questing in.
smile.png

My alt on the other hand is 70% into 49 in Hasla. He has done zero crafting, he owns no land. He has been sending all his money and mats to her...which is what allowed me to farm and craft while not adventuring much on her.
smile.png

I'm having so much fun with this game, 2 days me and a friend did nothing but trade routes...we did one to Cinderstone Moor which was in peacetime...and ended up spending the next 45mins or so mining Starshard thingy in the water off the coast of cindermoor which was still in the peace area.

My metalwork is 35k, my friend tailoring is about as high...my other friend is having a hard time raising weaponsmith even with the 3 of us giving him all the Sunlight Archeum.