Archeage

Vitality

HUSTLE
Game is more fun and addicting than I expected. However, after running perfectly the first few days, my screen started flickering while playing on Sunday. Tried messing with some settings, but didn't want to drop to lowest graphics setting.

Any ideas? (please don't tell me my graphics card decided to poop its pants)
Try dropping your graphics down to dx9

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Rolled on new server but the magic isn't there anymore :\ Sub cancelled with 14 days to go lol

Fun while it lasted, definitely a good game to play through but I don't see the longevity after hitting 50.

lindz

#DDs
A few of these have already turned up on my server and what you have is at least 20-30 people standing around waiting for demolition. Either a hacker claims it immedietely or someone with a macro does.
What kind of macro is used for claiming? I know the bots will be a problem for sure though.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What kind of macro is used for claiming? I know the bots will be a problem for sure though.
Any spam key macro that hits the left mouse button would work I think (although Trion has said it's a bannable offence). As far as the hack, someone even found a screenshot to what the hack screen looks like. This was posted on the Archeage forums.

rrr_img_77930.jpg

lindz

#DDs
Ugh, that sucks.

So a question about crafting. Got three blue procs on first three things crafted last night and then didn't see another one for the rest of my labor pool. When trying to actually create a crafted set ti wear, should you just be blowing mats over and over again to get a blue proc on your tier 2 or should you just be regarding? I feel like I'm doing something wrong right now as the blue proc rate is super low.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Any spam key macro that hits the left mouse button would work I think (although Trion has said it's a bannable offence). As far as the hack, someone even found a screenshot to what the hack screen looks like. This was posted on the Archeage forums.

rrr_img_77930.jpg
Minor nitpick, I believe that's just something that someone in the US made recently. The more prominent hacks are Russian which have been tried and tested in Russia.

To get a house that's being demo'd you have to be lucky enough to not have anyone cheating the system there and you have to beat out everyone else doing it legitimately. Personally I think it's a lost cause, if you want property start farming gold.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Minor nitpick, I believe that's just something that someone in the US made recently. The more prominent hacks are Russian which have been tried and tested in Russia.

To get a house that's being demo'd you have to be lucky enough to not have anyone cheating the system there and you have to beat out everyone else doing it legitimately. Personally I think it's a lost cause, if you want property start farming gold.
I agree, I tried twice over the weekend just trying to spam key with 30 other people (no macro) and it's like playing the lottery, assuming no one either is using a macro. So I'll just save up, the problem for me is what is the fair price for a 16x16 considering hackers are selling these properties for upwards of over 200g.

lindz

#DDs
I have properties, just wanted to try my luck at a 24x24 because I don't want to spent 800g+ when I already have two 16x16. Will probably wait until the next continent opens up and do the land rush fun there. Our guild is pretty dominant on Inoch so we have a pretty good chance of getting some good spots.

16x16 here go from 200-600 depending on the location here. I got two side by side in Halcyona for 300g but I think that was lucky. 24x24 are super expensive.
frown.png

moontayle

Golden Squire
Gold making isn't hard though. Just time consuming. Everyone's on the fishing kick now and I'm willing to bet inflation kicks in here shortly.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Seems like the top ways to make money are:
1. Fishing
2. Playing the AH
3. Growing a bunch of shit and then transporting it somehow.

I don't really want to do #1, I'm shit at #2, maybe I should do #3. Problem with #3 is that unless you want to be tied to someone (which isn't so bad in PRX...) you'll need to invest in either a merchant ship or a farm cart, both of which are super expensive.

I suppose for someone like me the best way to make gold might be to make 40+ tradepacks then wait until we ruck up for tradepack runs and hope we can do a clean Freedich run or whatever is the most profitable. And how much more profitable would that be over what I'm doing now where I just grow a ton of trees and chop them for lumber and maybe get a tstruck? who knows.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I found a decent way to make money yesterday, but the problem is it absolutely destroyed all my free labor. It was netting about 10-12 gold per maybe 500 labor. That's actually probably a very solid return on labor, but I haven't rolled any alts yet to use worker's comp potions on yet. I'm working on that tonight so that I can get more money before this dries up.

Although, that said, the worker's comp potions will eat up 2.5g or so per, so that brings me down to 7.5-9.5 gold net. And that's assuming they haven't gone up recently, or that everything else remains stagnant.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
My top way to make money is get together with 4-5 other dudes from my guild and kill people on the seas and swim in 2-3 trade packs each. People are so dumb right now. Some times we only score a pack or two. Some times we lose the fight and score nothing but most times it's 2-3 dudes on a boat trying to sneak in like 10 packs. Shit is crazy. It's like Oprah is there giving everyone free trade packs.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Playing the AH seems to be really hard without using mods, who show the exact remaining time. I just camp Austera and sell stabilizers. It is good moeny, but sometimes a bit boring.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I found a decent way to make money yesterday, but the problem is it absolutely destroyed all my free labor. It was netting about 10-12 gold per maybe 500 labor. That's actually probably a very solid return on labor, but I haven't rolled any alts yet to use worker's comp potions on yet. I'm working on that tonight so that I can get more money before this dries up.

Although, that said, the worker's comp potions will eat up 2.5g or so per, so that brings me down to 7.5-9.5 gold net. And that's assuming they haven't gone up recently, or that everything else remains stagnant.
I'm assuming you found a way to take advantage of some arbitrage and convert, say, raw stone to stone bricks. Now and then I hear of someone finding a 30%+ profit on an easily convertible resource, but those can often be short lived because a raw resource has the advantage that someone can use it to get XP.