Archeage

moontayle

Golden Squire
The only problem with trade pack runs is that it largely becomes a self-serving enterprise (meaning very little goes toward something else, like guild concerns). You basically have to dedicate your entire farming setup to the effort. And not every effort is worth the time because you're probably not the only person doing it. The best bet is to use the Trade Info window to determine what isn't being hit very hard and then focus on that. I went from around 50g to about 120g over the weekend just by doing a few pack runs here and there. I'd probably have more but the wife and I did three quick runs from Halcy to Solis for Charcoal Stablizers for our crafted gear yesterday. Oh, and I still had time to get some Hasla farming in.

lindz

#DDs
Can you do across sea tradepack runs with only two people? I desperately want stabilizers but it seems so risky. Guild times for doing runs in annoying but I don't know if the husband and I can do them alone.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yes, it's risky. The reverse run from Peacetime Halcy to Solis is about as low risk as you can manage for open sea trading though. You spend about 6-7 minutes on the open sea before you get into the Solis safezone. Could probably cut that down if you work on getting some Eco-fuel. Early morning runs are the best.

sebur

Bronze Squire
The people who got tstruck trees/logs. You planting any place special like near water etc or just planting long growth time trees 24/7?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cedar. In Hasla, nowhere special. I've planted pines a few times too, but nothing from them.

I want to say just before release, someone at Trion posted something about how they talked with XL and there's no special area that gives a higher chance.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
For those who leveled with Battlerage. Is the 7 pt passive noticeable? (Reset cooldown on parry, I have a 3% parry chance without the passive).

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Can you do across sea tradepack runs with only two people? I desperately want stabilizers but it seems so risky. Guild times for doing runs in annoying but I don't know if the husband and I can do them alone.
I'd recommend getting into an active guild. Are you in Kyrios?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Would this be worth picking up as F2P? How big of an impact do the hackers/etc. actually have on the gameplay (aside from stuff like the land claiming races)? How hard would it be to get to patron status through f2p grinding/AH/etc. assuming I didn't just decide to pay for it? How bad is it going to suck if I don't leave my char afk 24/7 minus the hours that i'm actually playing as far as labor point regen and whatnot, is it super crippling?

Raign

Golden Squire
Anyone here playing a Templar care to share their experience?
It was a slow grind as they have slow kill speed, but they have soiid combos which let you control the fights pretty well. You will spend a lot of time kicking downed mobs for 3X damage to off set your weak dps and unless you have a healer weapon (which you likely wont since they seem non-existant from quest rewards) you will lose a lot of pvp confrontations since your heals will not be sufficient to mitigate incoming damage. Basically, if you liked leveling a vanilla wow paladin or holy priest, you will love the leveling experience of a templar.

Once you are kitted out at 50 though (a point I am finally getting close to...) you are pretty much unkillable so the payoff is good if you grind through, but it is a long haul if you like to solo a lot

Xevy

Log Wizard
Gold making methods vary. AH/Hot resources can net big gains quickly, but are market based. Some things are less market reliant. If I wasn't such a team player I'd be swimming in gold, but I'm in a large cooperative guild so all sorts of weird shit is planted on our farms so I can't use my *awesome resource* to farm and make $$$.

If you do your research or just plant one of each thing you can find out what nets nicely. Harvesting shit that gives more than one product is also a good bet. I'd go on but I think 75% of this thread is on Kyrios and I think PRX has enough money right now.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It was a slow grind as they have slow kill speed, but they have soiid combos which let you control the fights pretty well. You will spend a lot of time kicking downed mobs for 3X damage to off set your weak dps and unless you have a healer weapon (which you likely wont since they seem non-existant from quest rewards) you will lose a lot of pvp confrontations since your heals will not be sufficient to mitigate incoming damage. Basically, if you liked leveling a vanilla wow paladin or holy priest, you will love the leveling experience of a templar.

Once you are kitted out at 50 though (a point I am finally getting close to...) you are pretty much unkillable so the payoff is good if you grind through, but it is a long haul if you like to solo a lot
I'm leveling Brage/Aura/Vit to 50 (leveling speed is fine) and plan on labor leveling defense at that point. Mainly talking about the level 50 play experience. Thanks.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
For those who leveled with Battlerage. Is the 7 pt passive noticeable? (Reset cooldown on parry, I have a 3% parry chance without the passive).
I love it. A lot of the builds I look at online tend to skip over it but popping Battle Focus and being able to pretty much spam Tiger Strike on groups of people is pretty fantastic.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Cedar. In Hasla, nowhere special. I've planted pines a few times too, but nothing from them.

I want to say just before release, someone at Trion posted something about how they talked with XL and there's no special area that gives a higher chance.
I thought this was the case as well but I was curious seeing as how my place is out in Windscour.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Latest screens Tuco posted, most of them had questing / GHA gear. Where is the money, Tuco ?
tumblr_mop2lp2gsQ1qaazxao1_400.gif