Archeage

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The XP you get isbased on your level, you probably want to level up a bit more if gold is an issue. Still, you gained 11 levels in 15 minutes for about 20g in mats and 7K labor and a Voca pot. That sounds like a good deal to me, however I guess it depends on how fast/easy a person is able to make gold.
I struck the lotto with a thunderstruck tree on Monday, so I've got the money. It just didn't seem worthwhile.

I was expecting to max out at least the Auramancy since it was already at 30 and it didn't even come remotely close. And while you say it was in a short amount of time (about 20 minutes), that doesn't take into account that really it's much more significant than that because of labor accumulation. If I had unlimited labor, yes, it'd be true that it took just 20 minutes. But really, we're talking about several days here. At a minimum it's 42 hours to accumulate 5k labor, but that's only if you're online. It was more realistically probably 4 days. So essentially it was 11 levels in 4 days. Doesn't sound so awesome anymore. Cutting it down with labor pots doesn't even work because of the long cooldown. You're still talking 24+ hours for those 11 levels.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I would ditch the belt/tasset creation and try to do something useful with your labor. My favorite choice was starshard mining. Leveled my mining skill and got me some gold. Another option is AFK fishing. Fishing and mining seem to be the two top gathering skills.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So on my server starshard chips sell for less than raw stone - did I just miss the boat on this? I still do it because its the most fun you can have mining in a game!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Raw stone is valuable on our server. Everyone needs it to build their farmhouses, guilds need it for castles and everyone needs it for hereafter stones.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I struck the lotto with a thunderstruck tree on Monday, so I've got the money. It just didn't seem worthwhile.

I was expecting to max out at least the Auramancy since it was already at 30 and it didn't even come remotely close. And while you say it was in a short amount of time (about 20 minutes), that doesn't take into account that really it's much more significant than that because of labor accumulation. If I had unlimited labor, yes, it'd be true that it took just 20 minutes. But really, we're talking about several days here. At a minimum it's 42 hours to accumulate 5k labor, but that's only if you're online. It was more realistically probably 4 days. So essentially it was 11 levels in 4 days. Doesn't sound so awesome anymore. Cutting it down with labor pots doesn't even work because of the long cooldown. You're still talking 24+ hours for those 11 levels.
What do you want, instant level 50s on every class just for deciding to play the game? People seriously confuse me with MMOs nowadays. OMG it took me 10 days to have every class maxed, Trion WTF u thinking!?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Being able to play the fun part of the game fast is nice. Slogging through the boring quest grind for a few weeks sucks. Why do I have to prove myself over and over in games by playing stripped down boring low level characters through fetch quests for a couple hundred hours before getting to the part of the game I actually want to play?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Being able to play the fun part of the game fast is nice. Slogging through the boring quest grind for a few weeks sucks. Why do I have to prove myself over and over in games by playing stripped down boring low level characters through fetch quests for a couple hundred hours before getting to the part of the game I actually want to play?
You don't, there's plenty of other games out there.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
No one gives a shit about leveling a character anymore because leveling is old, boring and a tired thing. They just want to have all their character's abilities and "build points" and just spend weeks/months building a character through crafting, wealth, pvp and gear.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I agree, the game would be better if there was no levels, and the skill trees would raise ~5x as quickly. And the quests would be roughly the same but reward gilda stars (Or fragments that would make gilda stars) or more money.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What do you want, instant level 50s on every class just for deciding to play the game? People seriously confuse me with MMOs nowadays. OMG it took me 10 days to have every class maxed, Trion WTF u thinking!?
Because grinding out levels is fucking boring. And in this game it's even worse because you can't really grind mobs or quests after the initial time through. I don't know why you say people confuse you, because there's a very small minority that actually wants a long level grind. For the most part, people hate that shit because it's essentially a gate before you get to the actual game.

To be honest, I'd be perfectly happy to start out at max level. It would allow the developers to not waste so much god damn time and money on developing shit that you do once (the 1-49 crap). It's a waste of time because once you've gone through it, it's content that just sits there idle for the majority of your playerbase.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
I'll go against the grain and say boring leveling is a necessity to develop an attachment to your character. Progession in all its forms is healthy even if it sucks
smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I'll go against the grain and say boring leveling is a necessity to develop an attachment to your character. Progession in all its forms is healthy even if it sucks
smile.png
If any part of your game, especially the first 20-40 hours of gameplay, can be classified as boring then you're a shitty game developer and if you like it, you're a pretty bad human.

Vitality

HUSTLE
If any part of your game, especially the first 20-40 hours of gameplay, can be classified as boring then you're a shitty game developer and if you like it, you're a pretty bad human.
Did you have fun in your first 20-40 hours of Archeage? I kind of did, for a while. The quests started to get to me though.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
If I played the game hardcore and tried to race, I would of probably had fun. But that is outside the scope of the game design.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Quests and leveling don't have to be boring and stupid we've all used the collect bear asses remark and that remark is exactly why it's boring and dumb, if you got a shitload of experience doing hard content that pushed your abilities to complete it wouldnt be so bad but somewhere along the lines developers thought players needed to do 10000 quests to hit max level and that is the problem you can't have a good time leveling if its the same shit over and over.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I really liked the human quests (the ones that worship red bull chief aerodynamicist Adrian Newey). But I tried the other side and didn't like it.

I'm actually still doing some of the crafty quests (curse you fiery chili peppers!). I wonder if the blue salt brotherhood is some sort of horrible engrish translation and in korean the name of their order actually makes sense.