Archeage

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Which set of armor would you guys recommend for a Reaper? There's so many different types and I see em linked in chats so rarely that I don't know which ones give which stats. Also, is GHA armor a big increase off of the quest armor or can I skip having to farm a full set from GHA and just work on buying the crafted stuff?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It depends on if you need better gear to get crafted. If you're doing peace trade pack runs, auctioneer trading or even fishing, just go straight for crafted. I'd recommend magnificent lake cloth (sta/int) for any caster and a sceptre/shield. If you want to play a longer game, go for epherium lake.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I'm not doing much for income. Now that i'm 50 and don't have to spend all my labor doing stone bricks and hereafters for exp I can start focusing on using my labor to make money. Don't own any land but not worried about that, I let my 8x8 expire the other day because I don't even bother using it.

Using a 2h staff and planning on sticking with it. I mostly just don't understand the way crafted armor works with all the different mods involved and then the naming (lake, stone, lightning, wave, etc) but if lake is the sta/int one then at least I can narrow it down to looking for just lake stuff.

lindz

#DDs
Clothies with no shield are just asking to be eaten by darkrunners. You will not be having fun at all in pvp if you go no defense/shield.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I haven't had any issues in pvp so far altho I haven't done too much. I've won probably 95% of the 1v1 fights I come across, the rest being group pvp in hasla/halcy and a shield isn't gonna save me from getting lasso'd 7 times in a row with 15 people hitting me.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
what server you on wizard?
Calleil. The west sucks hard on Calleil, the only time they ever win anything is if they have 5:1 numbers or more. Reds are almost non-existant in Hasla if it's not peacetime but once peace hits there'll be 100+ reds in the zone trying to tag spawns at all the camps. Unfortunately there are a lot of schmucks on east too. I started a raid group in Halcy yesterday and it was about 150:25 west:east so I dunno if i'll even bother trying that again.

I rolled on Calleil cause it was one of the newer batches of servers so it gave me a shot at trying out the land ownership aspect but since I don't really use it I might look in to swapping servers to one of the bigger ones.

The only frustrating thing i've run in to so far is when I get cc'd from full to dead without being able to use a single move but that's only happened when I have 2 people on me. Haven't bumped in to any solos that could keep me CC'd all the way to death.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only frustrating thing i've run in to so far is when I get cc'd from full to dead without being able to use a single move but that's only happened when I have 2 people on me. Haven't bumped in to any solos that could keep me CC'd all the way to death.
Shocking , given no shield. A DR should be able to do this to you every time.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Shocking , given no shield. A DR should be able to do this to you every time.
Are you implying if I had a 1h + shield that I wouldn't get stunlocked to death when I get 2v1'd? If this is genuinely true and a 1h+shield will let me 2v1 consistently then i'll start farming the tokens asap.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Welp sieges are in rough shape. If anyone knows of a castle that got taken that had an actual defense team please post it.

3tvYJur.jpg

zpDiKtV.jpg

Basically, the 'intended' way to siege is to use siege tanks and trebs to knock down the walls, then attack the (now weakened) lodestone. Unfortunately siege tanks and trebs are extremely squishy (trebs are 45k, don't have any armor like ships do) so it's very easy for a defense force to rush out and smash the trebs (they cost like 400g each or something). The walls themselves had their health tripled since alpha, making it basically impossible to use the strat they used in alpha of parking on the wall and attacking it.

The other two intended options are using explosive kegs (would cost some 100k gold) or the honor-purchaseable weapon (would cost everyone in the raid some 1k honor) are very expensive.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1k honor is nothing, at least i wouldnt call it very expensive to ask 1k honor of guild members for a siege.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think I'll have to run the numbers again, let's see...

2 million health
1.5k dmg each
50% of my shots hit, so 750 average damage, so 2.6k shots, that's 133333 honor, plus 500 honor to purchase the weapons, let's say we purchase 50, that's 2261 honor each. Certainly not outside the realm of possibility. I think if we had prepared for that strat and knew ahead of time we'd be able to successfully get the scroll it's possible we could've farmed enough honor to get it.

But even if you destroy the gatehouse you've still got a tough road ahead of you, but not impossible.

The two big changes that would make it more reasonable would be:
1. Add an increasing respawn timer so you can't just respawn and run in.
2. Make it such that trebs need to be damage by other siege weapons or mines or whatever and can't just be taken out by by a few players.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The damage vs. siege engines needs to be reduced in terms of normal attacks (ie, you need siege/cannons to kill them). Castle Cannon dmg vs. them also needs to be reduced (ie, no more 2 shotting trebs, especially since they nerfed treb range so that they are within cannon range now when attacking) or they need to increase treb range when they are rooted in siege mode.

IMO they should work it so Trebs are what you use to take down outer walls and tanks are what you use when you breach the walls.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah imprison is an awful spell. We use it to our advantage but it's just lame and boring.