Archeage

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
They've finally said what "rebalancing" means on the cars. Part is making all 3 bought for gilda stars, and for the timber coupe, it is to "prevent it from driving straight up vertical surfaces".

Now you have to wonder how far they will go. If it ends up the same or worse you may as well just pick the one with the color you want.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm an asshole.
smile.png

I'm not playing anymore but I pay my taxes until my subscribtion runs out in case I decide to come back.

I thought I would let them go past due, and log on 5 minutes before they became destroyable and pay them which happened last night.
smile.png

There was about 8-9 people waiting, they were not happy. A few asked if I wanted to sell it to them though. A few were more colourful in their opinions.
smile.png

I'm gonna do that every time I think.

Cybsled

They've finally said what "rebalancing" means on the cars. Part is making all 3 bought for gilda stars, and for the timber coupe, it is to "prevent it from driving straight up vertical surfaces".

Now you have to wonder how far they will go. If it ends up the same or worse you may as well just pick the one with the color you want.
Driving straight up vertical surfaces? Wut? It can't do that.

Timber is the only car that doesn't get stuck on stairs/hills because it is all wheel drive (primarily due to the absolute shit clipping in this game in terms of vehicles getting stuck in the environment). I hope they don't nerf that. Ever driven the cars on Mirage? The Apex and Comet can barely get up the steep PAVED ROAD that leads to the castle on the hill.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Yea I've driven all three. The timber is the only one that felt practical.

I don't mind the change from vocations to starry stars. I have more stars, though I also kind of want a merchant ship.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I could write a book on why ArcheAge is a failure. The newest chapter would include releasing the Red Dragon in spite of the fact that it is currently tuned for level 55 players and not level 50 players.
Do you think people will be able to kill the red dragon before the cap is raised?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you think people will be able to kill the red dragon before the cap is raised?
Regarding this update, I'm convinced the usual pattern will apply :

- Dragun is released, people farm it to the bone with korean alpha exploits.
- After forums uproar, Trion tell XL Games to hotfix the dragun, after primetime maintenance it now drops fucking nothing.
- After forums uproar, Trion tell XL Games to patch dragun's loot, after primetime maintenance it now drops BIS gear therefore people spend minutes figuring ways to exploit it with "clever gameplay mechanics".
- After forums uproar, Trion ban some people, maybe random, maybe not, maybe fuck you. Primetime maintenance ? Of course.
- Dragun is now somewhat fixed, which means it now drops shit 99.9% of the time, can be exploited anytime, there's a nice "we're sorry but not sorry" Scapes post on the forums explaining between the lines how they couldn't know about exploits, have issues communicating with XL Games, and everyone who abused it got fair punishment.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
No. The dragon and the adds hit way too hard. Even if you manage to successfully PW through all of the fire breaths, the adds will rip right through people. Also they'll have so much health that people won't be able to wipe them inbetween spawns.

The jump in power from 50 to 55 is massive. It's the same problem that Serpentis has: it's tuned for 55. The only reason why any guilds have beaten Serpentis is because you can exploit almost every single fight in that zone. And that's exactly what we did.

Regarding this update, I'm convinced the usual pattern will apply :

- Dragun is released, people farm it to the bone with korean alpha exploits.
- After forums uproar, Trion tell XL Games to hotfix the dragun, after primetime maintenance it now drops fucking nothing.
- After forums uproar, Trion tell XL Games to patch dragun's loot, after primetime maintenance it now drops BIS gear therefore people spend minutes figuring ways to exploit it with "clever gameplay mechanics".
- After forums uproar, Trion ban some people, maybe random, maybe not, maybe fuck you. Primetime maintenance ? Of course.
- Dragun is now somewhat fixed, which means it now drops shit 99.9% of the time, can be exploited anytime, there's a nice "we're sorry but not sorry" Scapes post on the forums explaining between the lines how they couldn't know about exploits, have issues communicating with XL Games, and everyone who abused it got fair punishment.
AFAIK there aren't any exploits regarding the dragon, but it does drop BiS (on par with level 53 gear).

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
A friend helping me move cheese to a halcyon 8x8 he gave me:

rrr_img_84906.jpg

Those wagons are such a time saver. Takes me forever to haul stuff one at a time.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
What's the exploit you think they'll kill the dragon with?
I'm not sure what Bondurant had in mind, but I can't think of any exploits that will help people kill this thing. Except for overt hacking, of course.

Heck, to my knowledge, no one on the NA/EU servers has even downed Anthalon yet. And if people can't even kill Anthalon, then the red dragon is completely out of the question.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I actually like the idea of boss mobs with better gear than what can be gotten ingame currently and aren't supposed to be killable. Some people are whining about the red dragon being put in before the cap is raised and are right to say that it's likely a symptom of awkward game management, but I think it's a cool 'feature', and all MMOs should have dudes with real loot tables that you just shouldn't fuck with unless you figure out some crazy exploit or work around.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
all MMOs should have dudes with real loot tables that you just shouldn't fuck with unless you figure out some crazy exploit or work around.
You're essentially arguing for dev time to be spent on content inaccessible to the playerbase until some indeterminate time in the future. Why would I ever want that as opposed to content me and my own can donow? Especially since you're in a leadership role, I'm somewhat surprised to see you say something like that. New and interesting content is probably the #1 weapon against churn-rate in a guild.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You're essentially arguing for dev time to be spent on content inaccessible to the playerbase until some indeterminate time in the future. Why would I ever want that as opposed to content me and my own can donow? Especially since you're in a leadership role, I'm somewhat surprised to see you say something like that. New and interesting content is probably the #1 weapon against churn-rate in a guild.
No, actually he's arguing for dev time to be spent on content that's inaccessible unless you use anexploit, which is even more retarded.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's arguing for the concept of having mobs in the game that are meant to be unkillable. It's basically a nod back to old mmo days(sans the cloth caps) AA really is a trip down memory lane, even including the bumfuckery of Devs inadvertently leading to cool things. The main difference is the cash shop, which really puts a damper on the old school nostalgia

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Isn't this dragon supposed to essentially be end game content? What's the point if you cannot kill it?

Did XL games make it unkillable when it launched in Korea?