Archeage

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Isn't this dragon supposed to essentially be end game content? What's the point if you cannot kill it?

Did XL games make it unkillable when it launched in Korea?
No, because the red dragon was launched before level 55 was released. However, in patch 1.0, when 55 was released, all the mobs were upscaled (including the dragon), and NA/EU has ALL of the features of 1.0 without the level cap increase (and Diamond Shores + library), which means that the dragon, Kraken, Serpentis, and Anthalon are all scaled for 55 instead of 50 (because the devs never retuned those fights/dungeons).

Kraken used to be killable with 6 ships, now it takes 10. Serpentis is only doable because you can either exploit or reroll every encounter in that zone. Anthalonmightstill be killable, but only the top guild on each server will have a sliver of a chance. (I personally have only pulled him on KR because the DPS check needed to even spawn him is insanity.)

The red dragon, though? No chance.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You're essentially arguing for dev time to be spent on content inaccessible to the playerbase until some indeterminate time in the future. Why would I ever want that as opposed to content me and my own can donow? Especially since you're in a leadership role, I'm somewhat surprised to see you say something like that. New and interesting content is probably the #1 weapon against churn-rate in a guild.
It's just an argument for depth and variety in a game which a lot of MMOs (but not archeage haha) lack. I hate being spoonfed content, and I like the portion of Dark Souls that puts a nearly unbeatable monster in front of the player early on and lets the player get wasted if they mess with the wrong dude.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
For those who didn't play ArcheAge, Halcyona is a zone that has a huge factional war every ~5 hours. The winning faction gets a few tokens for a good necklace and a 1hr buff.

For those not actively playing on Kyrios, the East basically dominated Halcy for the first month and a half of release. At some point I believe TWO and a few other guilds worked to change that and went in force into Halcy and turned the tide. Most eastern guilds didn't really care because they were tired of halcy and I know PRX didn't care because at that time we were 100% focused on preparing for Auroria. Personally I was glad that the west was turning the tide.

Since that time the west dominated halcy in turn. After Auroria we were focused on sieges and largely ignored Halcy. Then when we realized that sieges were a bit of a joke because they favor the defenders heavily we turned our focus to Halcyona. We've been going into halcy in force around 3 days a week and mostly been getting massacred because it'll be ~60 of us against ~200 people. We've adjusted to this by trying a bunch of different strategies and also reaching out to Eastern guilds to go to Halcy when we do. On Friday we geared up again and got wiped by massive numbers at the flag. They easily took it and attacked our base. We lost all our NPCs except one but were able to hold them back. We then flanked the west over and over at our base until they lost heart and we had the number's advantage to beat them in an out right fight and won.

Since Auroria's release the east has won Halcyona twice during EST primetime. I think I posted screenshots of the first time, here's a video of the second time on Friday:

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not, same old BS and it probably will be until they rebalance. Reddit says the only castles that changed hands were ones where the guilds had disbanded and thus there was no defenders.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
None of that sounds particular fun in my opinion.

Yay 200v200 zerg fight? I don't find those fun anymore, if I ever did.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. Only reason they are interesting for us is because it is fundementally different from the small group and naval PvP we are in every night.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tuco how's your roster activity looking? Are you guys finding enough fights to keep it active?
Shit, if we can find them on Ezi I'd sure as shit hope the same was true of Kyrios.

Halc has been a nice slug fest down to the wire the past two days, even in the dead of night / early morning.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Kyrios is super active still. Halcy has 100+ westerners on at us primetime. Freedich gets regular shipments from both sides. Peace time halcy and hellswamp have trains of carts. Hasla has a bunch of very frustrated people in it. Fishing spawns have tons of people.

There are still a lot of problems in this game but on kyrios population isn't one of them.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since auroria and sieges are a bust, I'm curious what keeps players, especially larger guilds playing this game. Maybe not on Kyrios but ive read a good number of bigger guilds have dissolved since Auroria.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
They've invested too much to be able to walk away comfortably/too much pride to let their rival guild control the server. At this point, my old guild is just waiting for a new MMO to come along so they can justify leaving. They're looking at either BLESS or Black Desert.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
We've had almost a week now with no server crash on Ollo, which means the phantom tradepack I had taking up space on my land for weeks is now gone. Woohoo!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Since auroria and sieges are a bust, I'm curious what keeps players, especially larger guilds playing this game. Maybe not on Kyrios but ive read a good number of bigger guilds have dissolved since Auroria.
Oh yeah, Kyrios has definitely lost a lot of the big guilds. But this happens in every game to some degree, whether it's ESO or even WoW. 2-3 months there is usually a huge shift in guilds where the leadership in some guild either quits or doesn't recruit to fill the release attrition and they die off. Only in a few cases did a big ingame event happen that really stops a guild (A good example would be Phobia who was having serious problems but not getting a castle they had a good shot of getting really annihilated them).

So far it's pretty stabilized. The current active guilds on Kyrios East are:
Argonauts
Aristocrat
Bane
Band of the Red Hand
BnR
Circle of Kakis
Conquistadors
Coven Nex
Das Ubel
Death Law
Desolation
Eastern Guardian
Eight Squad
Elite
Elysium
EPK
Exalted
Final
Freedom Orient
Inconceivable
KoS
Marked
Mostly Harmless
No Fear
No Fun Allowed
No Pants Necessary
Nothing Personal
Phenomenon
Plague
Post Mortem
Redrum Militia
Rubber Knife Gang
Scarecrow Venture Co
Scrubs N Pugs
SVD
Something Legit
Sovereign
Spooky Scary Skeleton
Tarnished Coastguard
The Expendables
Hatoji

and some of the guilds that went poof since release are:

Addiction
Among the Shadows
Apex Prime
Blacklist
Blackwater
Chosen
Das Ubel Gaming
DCGod
DDH
East Wind
Eminence
EndLess
Envious
Fight Club
Fury
Higher Force
Hostile
Hostile Territory
Hump Your Kill
Illmatic
Immortal
IMPENETRABLE
Inalillahi
Inconceivable
Kenkeh Time
Knights of the Blood Oath
Last Resort
Laughing Coffin
Legion of Weeaboos
Lionheart
Ominous
One Eight Seven
Passion
Phobia
PYRO
Rage Quit
Random PK
Seppaku
Serenity
Tarnished Coast
The Forsaken
Tribe Gaming
Twerk Team 6
VexX

Obviously not all of those guilds are big. In fact only a handful are big.

In order to survive the first few months a guild has to continuously recruit and maintain an active leadership structure. After ~4 months the game stabilizes and so does the population. Fewer people are quitting now than in the first week of release. People quitting probably peaked around the Auroria release, the big apex dupe or the second siege when the game was down for three days. Now I think the active people will generally stay active. Guilds will continue to shift but more due to ingame drama, failures events etc instead of leaders and members quitting the game.

Vitality

HUSTLE
MH is the only guild on that list worth anything but you guys don't fight against them right?

You guys going pirate faction any time soon?

Vitality

HUSTLE
Vitality when is the last time you logged on?
A couple months ago, I try and keep tabs via this thread, always interested in seeing your progress in the game.

I don't really recognize any of the guilds in that active list other than MH so genuinely curious about your standings/competition.