Archeage

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
not sure what you see as exploitative about any of those strategies. They are all examples of game mechanics functioning as they are meant to and just not interacting with the raid fight well. Stealth drops you from combat, raid aoe hits players in combat with the mob so noone gets hit. Bosses have individual aggro radius' for whatever strange reason, etc, etc.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Reading what I have about the general mechanical know-how of the playerbase on your respective servers, I can say they're leagues ahead of the typical player/organization on Ezi. I'm in Awakening (NA first castle but who gives a fuck) and 90% of the member base had no damn clue what I was talking about when I mentioned the need to go pick up dragon scales today, following the news that someone had summoned him. Just got done spending the last four hours with the dragon's keep on lockdown with two friends and banked about 100 scales between the three of us. Now if only the t2 / t3 player-crafted handicraft gear actually existed on our AH cluster.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
not sure what you see as exploitative about any of those strategies. They are all examples of game mechanics functioning as they are meant to and just not interacting with the raid fight well. Stealth drops you from combat, raid aoe hits players in combat with the mob so noone gets hit. Bosses have individual aggro radius' for whatever strange reason, etc, etc.
Reading it again and thinking about it more, I think I agree with you and the others a bit more.

I don't really know if splitting room1 or avoiding the AE via stealth is intended though. But when you make such gimmicky and stupid fights and don't really test the system, it's hard to blame players for finding creating ways to defeat them.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I saw a prx person! Delivering cheese to sanddeep
biggrin.png
Jbwkz hehe.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Jabberwockiez is an man of integrity and generosity.

When I see a peace time trade-chain I kind of like the open world gameplay of it all, but all I can think of is that the game would be much more exciting, lively and diverse if there were extremely lucrative traderoutes that required players to travel from the southern continents to deep into Auroria.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Sadly I don't know the eastern language. He communicated by flipping my boat over.
smile.png

Do emotes come across? I tried /sorry (I crashed into his boat)

I'm about to get back to sanddeep with another cheese. I only have a donkey so I have to deliver one at a time from Gweonid. Not very fast.

Supposedly the above blocking of npcs is a bannable offense, but I'd wager they are still there and nothing will be done.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Sadly I don't know the eastern language. He communicated by flipping my boat over.
smile.png

Do emotes come across? I tried /sorry (I crashed into his boat)

I'm about to get back to sanddeep with another cheese. I only have a donkey so I have to deliver one at a time from Gweonid. Not very fast.

Supposedly the above blocking of npcs is a bannable offense, but I'd wager they are still there and nothing will be done.
Best way to talk cross-faction that i've found is by renaming pets.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I don't really know if splitting room1 or avoiding the AE via stealth is intended though. But when you make such gimmicky and stupid fights and don't really test the system, it's hard to blame players for finding creating ways to defeat them.
Those are 100% exploits, anyone who knows anything about encounter design in MMORPGs can see that.

Regardless, nobody cares if you exploit PvE in this game because it's stupid anyways.

Take Morpheus, for example. If you put your entire DPS on a pirate faction galleon, Morpheus will never target them with any of his mechanics. The alternative is instantly dying to his Searing Rain attack because fighting him on his ship is seven kinds of stupid.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The most popular AA streamer, KoonCoon, ragequit after spending like 30m trying to regrade an item or something. He then regraded all his equipment until it all broke.

Twitch

Fun starts at 1:21:30

I'm not sure how much that gear was worth, maybe 15,000USD?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The most popular AA streamer, KoonCoon, ragequit after spending like 30m trying to regrade an item or something. He then regraded all his equipment until it all broke.

Twitch

Fun starts at 1:21:30

I'm not sure how much that gear was worth, maybe 15,000USD?
Well that's one way to go out and never come back.

THat's a lot of time and $ to just destroy though.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
He was weak and didnt follow the teachings of RNGJesus. Pray to RNGJesus and revel in your abusive relationship with Archeage.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
He already flipped out once when he tried to play the NA/EU version and found out that buying gold was against the rules.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Great job in Halcy, barely pulled off a victory at the last moment after an epic back and forth fight.

Here's a vid someone put together of misc encounters. This guy basically spends his entire time sailing around looking to defend fishermen and trade pack runners, or take out known pirates.

Cybsled

Those are 100% exploits, anyone who knows anything about encounter design in MMORPGs can see that.

Regardless, nobody cares if you exploit PvE in this game because it's stupid anyways.

Take Morpheus, for example. If you put your entire DPS on a pirate faction galleon, Morpheus will never target them with any of his mechanics. The alternative is instantly dying to his Searing Rain attack because fighting him on his ship is seven kinds of stupid.
IMO, if the developer doesn't give enough of a shit to balance/fix it, then it's not an exploit. Since XLgames seems to give fuck all about PVE balancing, it's fair game
wink.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
IMO, if the developer doesn't give enough of a shit to balance/fix it, then it's not an exploit. Since XLgames seems to give fuck all about PVE balancing, it's fair game
wink.png
Seriously, my dog could design better PvE.

Oh right, he did! It's called "Landmines in the Backyard" and it's more entertaining despite being as shitty.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I really badly need a guide to rare harvests. Like just about everything you can pick or chop has some rare thing that can maybe be grabbed, like grand acorns or shiny strawberrys. What I can't seem to figure out is what they are all for. So I've been saving them.

On Ollo it isn't that big of a deal because I have 3 characters and one's bank is full of rare plants, and another's bank is full of rare wood and metal. But on Kyrios I only have one character and space is getting quite low.

Googling this stuff leads you to recipes for almost all of them. But I'm not sure if these were some strange korean only alpha recipes that are no longer in the game, or if this is future stuff that will one day happen? Like strange trade packs.