Archeage

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

Morpheus is the most populated now I think. Kyrios got killed by all the asshole transfers, but it would probably still rank 2nd I suppose.

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I rolled on Kyrios and there are decent amount of people chatting and things happening in the world but I am level 10 and have run into one other person across my entire time. Bleh.

I cannot fucking believe there is no way to /who or a menu that shows in the zone...that's fucking crazy.

Game feels ok overall. Definitely has more of an Asian style feel to it. Fuck sake everything is really generic though, the music and art direction, etc. Quests are pretty bland/standard fare for newb areas but that's pretty much to be expected. Combat feels alright, I like the speed of being able to use skills and whatnot. Kinda wish there was more though. Pressing the same 4 buttons for hours on end is boring as all fuck but I realize that I am still low level so I am not too harsh on that. Overall, probably would uninstall and play something else if I had something else to play. Lol.

Last edited:

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
I started just testing stuff on a throwaway character. Did not realize you could switch skillsets so easily at level 10. Which, speaking of, are there any penalties or cons to doing so except the obvious like learning and resetting skills?
Anyway, I initially tried Shadowplay / Occultist / Vitalist not really understanding how the final synergies worked.
Shit was boring as hell and took forever to level but stuck with it til lvl 10. I changed to
Blackguard (forgot 3 sets) and it was muuuuch smoother. I *really* wanted to play an Archer DPS route but I read that they are nerfed to shit so it concerned me. I also tried Auramancy and enjoyed that. Good with melee classes fosho.

I ended up completely remaking my character and went Daggerspell (Witchcraft / Sorcery / Shadowplay) and the shit is insanely powerful, I can nuke like crazy and efficiently AND have great CC and evasiveness. Enjoying the game much more with the right setup and post level 10. I think I just logged out somewhere around 13...the world is much more interesting now.
There's way too much empty goddamned space between kill 3 bears and collect 8 tokens for the most part though. Yawwn.

Can someone recommend a few things for me? I have to try everything because reading what a skillset is like on paper is completely futile. I thought my initial setup sounded awesome but was boring and played like garbaggio.
What is a top tier melee DPS build?
Also what is a top tier hybrid build? Meaning mix of melee/ranged or melee/casting or DPS/healing/utility.

Cybsled

I really only switched between blighter (battlerage/shadow/defense) and abolisher (battlerage/defense/aurmancy), so I'm not much of a help there ;p

Blighters were good in 1v1, but got shit on in team fights. Abolisher is more tanky (my job was to soak hits so the people who could actually DPS wouldn't die lol).

eXarc

Molten Core Raider
I am playing this mostly because I am in a position where' it's kind of my only choice at the moment, but goddamn it's getting tough for me to keep going.

This is one of the most boring, generic, vacuous fucking games I've ever played. All the quests are boring and dumb as shit, all involving a play on 1 of 6 or so formulas they have. It makes no sense to do anything other than the quests as it nets the main (read: only) source of XP, soo... It doesn't help that I guess my server is low pop and there is no one to play with (at least at lower levels.) The gear is fucking retarded too, I don't understand it. Some of my leather and plate items have more intelligence and better caster stats which is what I need so I'm confused as to why I keep picking what should be an appropriate class quest reward and fucking myself over? Anyway, I just mix and match now for whatever stats I can get for casters. I seriously cannot get over this shit though, I go to an NPC for a quest and he tells me to go kill 8 things. I kill 8 things, then I go gather 3 items from some more of those same things. While in the area, I see a named and don't bother killing it because I know the next quest will be to go kill that named. It's retarded and makes a whole lot of running back and forth for no reason. Also, I'm not enjoying the fact that I can't just run around the world and kill nameds and get sweet loot. They drop nothing (atleast always for me) because they are all used in some stupid quest and you get the rewards that way.

That being said, I like the fact that you get a mount at low levels and the glider is cool. I enjoy and respect how complex and in depth the crafting system is, however it is really daunting/tough to get into for a new player. Lots to learn, which is fine, but also it seems even the most basic recipes require a hefty amount of time and mats.

All n' all, I'm sure this game improves by measures of a metric fuckton at higher levels but man is it fucking brutal to get up there. Probably wouldn't be so bad if I had some people to group with. I'll try and stick it out but if this game plays the same way at level 40 as it does now I will never make it to 55.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Until you hit at least level 50, no gear matters except your weapon. Yes, questing in asian mmos has always been shitty, no one ever said AA was any different, lol. And no, you're probably not going to see anyone while you level up, most people have moved on, except for die-hards, and wallet warriors. And there's no reason to level alts, since you can do all classes on one character.

The good parts of the game were the trading, pvp and ocean combat. You've got a long road ahead of you before you can get to the point where even a casual won't one-shot you. Unless you want to spend a good amount of cash. And even if you were willing to do that, the game just isn't really worth doing that anymore.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Cars == best part

ScreenShot0019.jpg

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ship pvp combat and fishing raids were the funnest part of this game. Everything else was meh, but god damn did I love the at sea pvp. Really probably the best mmo pvp i've ever experienced.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Ship pvp and fishing raids were the best part of this game. Loved rolling up on a fishing raid and stealing all the fish. Looking back I enjoyed when it happen to us also, made for some good fights.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Despite the current state of archeage, I've decided to hop back in and start playing again on morpheus, get my feet wet and get used to playing again. Early December is supposedly when 3.0 drops and NA is going to get a new server, which I and most likely alot of other people will be jumping on that plus any APEX I acquire in that time can be ghetto-transferred to the new server, so why not do it?

Also they are giving away soulforge gear right now so if you wanted to come back and have really shitty gear, you can get a nice free set to get you around 3.5-4k gs.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Where do you get the soulforge stuff?
It's in the glyph store for 0 credits. its part of the welcome back 2nd anniversary package. you take the coin to mirage isle theres a workbench right in front of the mirage island port in that you can exchange the coin for the gear, under the gear ticket section.

Cybsled

The land ownership tax hit change may result in some sell offs if people don't want to spend money on alt patron accounts. Having land is pretty important in the game if you want a means to generate income.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cant believe the new server comes up in less than 48 hours and this thread is dead.

Completely gutted cash shop, extreme measures taken to keep old money off the fresh start server, 2 new races and a huge population (based on 3.0 PTS) is a recipe for a great time! I'm fucking excited and more people should be.