Archeage

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
This is so depressing. ArcheAge was an amazing concept that was nosedived by a few bad design decisions. Now they're putting a skinwalker in it and trying to cash cow it even harder?

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has korea ever done “immersive storyline” right? Kind of wary when that is one of your focus points. At least the action combat is the other, which is where these types of games really shine. Sad part is, usually the rest of the game ruins it. Mostly do to some P2w garbage. Labor was a huge annoyance in the first, with people running multiple accounts, just to use alts for labor. The guild/trade run/sea combat with said guild, is what made the first exciting, the combat iirc was just normal old boring combat.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
No one wants storyline from Archeage 2, we want the good parts of Archeage 1 (Trade runs, pvp contesting objectives, housing, fishing, naval combat etc) without all the shit they added later (P2W/selling everything in the shop - selling TS trees is when it all started going to shit, dailyage, forever honor farm, worse trade runs). Also combat wise it really looks more like BDO2 than anything else.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No one wants storyline from Archeage 2, we want the good parts of Archeage 1 (Trade runs, pvp contesting objectives, housing, fishing, naval combat etc) without all the shit they added later (P2W/selling everything in the shop - selling TS trees is when it all started going to shit, dailyage, forever honor farm, worse trade runs). Also combat wise it really looks more like BDO2 than anything else.

Eh, the p2w was there from the start. The enhancement system and labor system all had it.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eh, the p2w was there from the start. The enhancement system and labor system all had it.

Sure, but if they had kept it to just a few things the game would've been playable. A lot of us were making nice gold off of TS trees, and when you got one it felt really nice. I distinctly remember when they added them to the cash shop, that's when a ton of people just kinda stopped caring about the game as much and it started to die. If they don't have an unchained version of Archeage 2 for the west at launch, it's gonna be DOA this time. Especially since they will have AoC to compete with which is going with a monthly sub + cosmetic shop model.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I have yet to see a modern Korean MMO of note that isn't p2w, so I suspect we will see more of the same: Beautiful graphics, really solid gameplay....and some p2w bullshit that "encourages" you to swipe.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have yet to see a modern Korean MMO of note that isn't p2w, so I suspect we will see more of the same: Beautiful graphics, really solid gameplay....and some p2w bullshit that "encourages" you to swipe.
You would think they learn by now. But instead it just keeps happening. Not to mention them all having some upgrade gear system that punishes failure/bad luck. I get that their home market enjoys it, but fucking learn already that you need to change quite a bit for western markets, if you want to be anything but a 1-3 month spurt and then die.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit here we go again boys.... Archeage Classic 3.0 old trading system and fishing. No alts, no RTM (yea right) but they claim to have ways to detect it and will ban you. Buyers will get double I believe they said taken. So you buy 100g you lose 200g. If you don't have 200 you go negative and every copper earned is taken to pay the debt.

Private classic with cosmetic shop only. "doubt" Beta starts tomorrow and will end 7/28 with a wipe and release on August 4. Free to play, has some kind of sub/donation packages with cosmetic outfits. Interesting and maybe worth a look in this hellscape of gaming.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
ryan reynolds hd GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Oh shit here we go again boys.... Archeage Classic 3.0 old trading system and fishing. No alts, no RTM (yea right) but they claim to have ways to detect it and will ban you. Buyers will get double I believe they said taken. So you buy 100g you lose 200g. If you don't have 200 you go negative and every copper earned is taken to pay the debt.

Private classic with cosmetic shop only. "doubt" Beta starts tomorrow and will end 7/28 with a wipe and release on August 4. Free to play, has some kind of sub/donation packages with cosmetic outfits. Interesting and maybe worth a look in this hellscape of gaming.
The old trade system and ability to gank packs in ship battles was the best fun in any mmo ever.

I'd love for that to be a reality but my trust has been shot so many times I just don't know.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You would think they learn by now. But instead it just keeps happening. Not to mention them all having some upgrade gear system that punishes failure/bad luck. I get that their home market enjoys it, but fucking learn already that you need to change quite a bit for western markets, if you want to be anything but a 1-3 month spurt and then die.
Change things quite a bit to what? A sub based game? A game that makes no money but stays operational for 10 years just so people can play it while the company bleeds money because they're nice people?