Archeage

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fresh start is still on the latest patch, it's more of a gear/land/arms race than anything else.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I caved and I'm playing the new FS lol. No queue but decent pop so far. Even with all the changes towards dailyage, and from what it was at launch, it's still probably my favorite MMO out there right now sadly. No other MMO does pvp and risk vs. reward as well imo, except maybe EVE but that's too slow paced for me.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Go ahead and hate me for reviving this thread.
I know all too well how this game went. But I have a sick love for it and like a bad ex, I keep going back.

Another new publisher. New promise to remove all P2W elements with a monthly sub. Free for 30 days and added days for those who played it before.

It launches tomorrow morning at 10 AM EST. With a fresh start server and legacy servers as well.

I dont expect a big come-back, but I honestly dont think they could make it any worse.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know all too well how this game went. But I have a sick love for it and like a bad ex, I keep going back.

Same lol, I'm in to check it out at least and see how much different it is than with Gamigo.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Sigh.... I love the ocean pvp from the early days before they fucked up the trade routes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
They decided to relaunch this on the openeing day of the new expansion from the MMO with the most hype behind it right now? Smart strategy.

Cybsled

Sigh.... I love the ocean pvp from the early days before they fucked up the trade routes.

The naval PVP in this game used to be the highlight for me - cannon duels, boarding parties, using different ship types to accomplish different goals.

If there is one thing other MMOs should copy from Archeage, it should be the naval stuff

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
The naval PVP in this game used to be the highlight for me - cannon duels, boarding parties, using different ship types to accomplish different goals.

If there is one thing other MMOs should copy from Archeage, it should be the naval stuff
If it's worth anything, they discussed in a recent ama that they plan to focus on naval battle and return the cycle of trade wars and crafting back to the game.

My view, is that at least they are not asking for money up front and putting themselves in a position to prove themselves over time. The only way they succeed is to grow subscribers. And the only way they do that is to fix the core game.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>

100% agree. Any game I see with ocean I think back to the blast we had on the ocean in ArcheAge. First question I got about New World was "Are there boats?" Then I had to let them down hard with you can't even swim in New World. lol

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
The real test here with Kakao will be to see if they do anything about RMT/hacks/bots or not. i've never played an MMO where gold buying was so prevalent/accepted/mandatory to be competitive. I would guess the last fresh start, over 50% of the players were buying gold, while most of the rest were selling it. If they can do that and make Unchained what its intended to be (ya ya, dailyage, the game still has a lot of great stuff to it outside of that), I think it might actually find some success finally.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
The real test here with Kakao will be to see if they do anything about RMT/hacks/bots or not. i've never played an MMO where gold buying was so prevalent/accepted/mandatory to be competitive. I would guess the last fresh start, over 50% of the players were buying gold, while most of the rest were selling it. If they can do that and make Unchained what its intended to be (ya ya, dailyage, the game still has a lot of great stuff to it outside of that), I think it might actually find some success finally.
The dailies burned me out last fresh start.
I am glad they are weeklies now instead.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
They limited trading and auction house usage until prestige lvl 10 or whatever it is, so that pretty much neuters alts unless you put in a decent amount of time to get them there, cant just buy gold unless the gold seller and you are that far in. Its not perfect but at least it guarantees the freshness wont be tainted for a while.

The difference between morpheus archeage and now is pretty big, really don't like hiram content at all.

I tried last time and its just not the same game.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
They limited trading and auction house usage until prestige lvl 10 or whatever it is, so that pretty much neuters alts unless you put in a decent amount of time to get them there, cant just buy gold unless the gold seller and you are that far in. Its not perfect but at least it guarantees the freshness wont be tainted for a while.

The difference between morpheus archeage and now is pretty big, really don't like hiram content at all.

I tried last time and its just not the same game.

Agree on Hiram content. It was supposed to be a catch up mechanic and became a treadmill.
Kakao says they want to change that - but not at the start. They want to go back to the trade/craft/sea pvp way of things.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Archeage originally was just awsome as a heavy PvP player with a good guild. So many big fights over meaningful content. A lot of fond memories, but when I went back for a FS and saw all the dailies I noped the fuck out. Such an annoying change.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So far I'm actually impressed with Kakao's handling of the game. I can already say it's the best Unchained has ever been, and they seem to be dedicated to improving things, I'm guessing to improve players image of the game/company to set them up better for Archeage 2 in a few years.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So far I'm actually impressed with Kakao's handling of the game. I can already say it's the best Unchained has ever been, and they seem to be dedicated to improving things, I'm guessing to improve players image of the game/company to set them up better for Archeage 2 in a few years.
Just need to remove the entire game from pre-library and set it up like launch and focus on the trade route gameplay shit.

Add more things to do that players can fight over (Kraken, islands, breaking free of your faction, living world stuff etc) and I think that would've been a better route instead of optimizing deliveries with cars for turn-ins and other nonsensical shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user