Archeage

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Ya, after reading it again the premium includes 3 months of subscription time. I am in Alpha currently and am DEFINATELY going to be playing this game as it's a blast to play with the guild. The game is VERY deep and I feel that we have just begun to scratch the surface after a couple weeks of playing Aplha.
How much, if any, of your excitement might be due to "new MMO smell" that often wears off after a few weeks of playing?

I am definitely interested in this game based on Kedwyn's initial review. It sounds like this might be the first MMO (that I am aware of) since EQ1 where individual player reputation, guild reputation and guild vs guild rivalries are of significant importance in the server community. I would be willing to ignore annoyances with gameplay for a return to that atmosphere.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
15k credits is a lot. I would think that eats up a decent chunk of the $150. What is the 90 day patron pass(cant be sub/trial since the game is f2p)?

The personalized emblem and log though, oh god I can just see the cocks and swastikas already.

Also anyone who plays what are the stones and troves?
I am assuming the 90 day patron pass is essentially a premium sub like you see in a lot of F2P games. Where you get some store currency every month + other little perks.

EDIT: Apparently for rift they did it different than I usually see. Here is a link to the rift patron benefits to give you an idea of what you might be looking at for ArcheageRIFT Patron Benefits

Vitality

HUSTLE
15k tokens is about $100 - 90 day pass is about $30 value - They're valuing the access and specialty items at about $20 it looks like.

90 Day sub is for things like:

- Being able to claim land (ala getting scarecrows)

- In Asia it's used to up the rate at which you gain labor points (Harvesting and general action points) and alows for them to regen while logged off, and also ups the maximum amount you can have stored up. This increase is very very significant over f2p regen rates and caps.

- Unsure if you get cash shop currency for subbing or not, I'm doubtful on this one.

- There are some rumors that subscription passes can be traded in game to other players similar to a PLEX in eve.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah the credits + that 3 month premium sub make the $150 seem really attractive. It's what I think SoE should of done with Landmark to make it more attractive(Add station cash to them).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
F2P with shop perks as one would expect, but things like land ownership will require patron status monthly subscription or something.
I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Are we going to have to buy a box/digital download and not have to pay a subscription, ala GW2, or is it entirely F2P?

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Patron status is a subscription. Trion uses it in Rift. In Rift you get bonuses to XP, faction, tokens, mount speed, daily and weekly gifts and other stuff. Not sure what they'll do with it in ArcheAge.

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Are we going to have to buy a box/digital download and not have to pay a subscription, ala GW2, or is it entirely F2P?
There's no box/download you have to buy to play.

The packages they put out are just trying to give people something to spend on as a throwback to box purchases/preorders that include various perks.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The fact that I am even thinking about the $150 package is insane.
LOL, I was thinking...Well that's where my next 3 hours of work is going.
smile.png

Menion_sl

shitlord
There is limited housing area in this game. To the point where no headstart may mean no house once game launches. Also, my understanding is that if you are not a patron (subscriber) you don't get a farm, house or labor points. They mentioned in a livestream that they were going to make is so that you can eventually get a house as a non-sub but good luck finding a place to put it once you workthrough whatever gateway you have to jump through to get it.

Del

Vyemm Raider
This game looks like it has some of the worst combat I've seen since the original EQ.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I go to look a streams, first stream with most views and its a guy with bright ass pink hair , a hello kitty/justin bieber/the guy from twlight on the wall.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
This game looks like it has some of the worst combat I've seen since the original EQ.
In the two streams I watched, it reminded me of WoW combat. With that said, the streamers were doing low level PVE content and only fighting 1-2 mobs at a time so I don't think they were pushing the envelope very much.

Del

Vyemm Raider
In the two streams I watched, it reminded me of WoW combat. With that said, the streamers were doing low level PVE content and only fighting 1-2 mobs at a time so I don't think they were pushing the envelope very much.
I watched a guy who was literally spamming his 3 key to victory. He didn't use a single ability other than the one that was mapped to 3. And this was over a multiple quest period.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Why wouldn't people just go play the russian version for free instead of pay these ridiculous prices
The game is free. I'm sure the russian version had shit like that too at launch(or did it even launch, not sure if it's still open beta). It's shit you don't have to buy. It's packs for people who want to spend some money and get a better deal.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There is limited housing area in this game. To the point where no headstart may mean no house once game launches. Also, my understanding is that if you are not a patron (subscriber) you don't get a farm, house or labor points. They mentioned in a livestream that they were going to make is so that you can eventually get a house as a non-sub but good luck finding a place to put it once you workthrough whatever gateway you have to jump through to get it.
If this all ends up being true, forget it. These are the exact practices why I refuse to pay subscription fees/box costs for MMOs anymore. If you make a great game with a lower barrier to entry, not only do you keep people playing and encourage new players to join in, but you also entice former players to "try out" any new patches, content, etc. Restrictive access is a large part of why so many MMOs fail.

jeffvader

it's only castles burning
i'm surprised at the rustled jimmies up in here. you get a lot for 150. it's 3 months of patron time plus the credits plus 24/7 alpha access until they release which is probably 6 months from now.