Archeage

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
i'm surprised at the rustled jimmies up in here. you get a lot for 150. it's 3 months of patron time plus the credits plus 24/7 alpha access until they release which is probably 6 months from now.
Assuming they release the pack soon and it is immediate alpha access, not alpha sometime.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'll never understand the point ofpayingfor alpha/beta. It used to be that gamers were doing developers a favor, by essentially being a pseudo QA team for them. Now, they've actually convinced gamers to paythemto be a pseudo QA tester. As a bonus, you get all your accomplishments wiped at the end of the testing period. Boy, sign me up!

Aleatha

Even when betas/alphas were completely free you always had people who didn't get an invite willing to pay for a key. It isn't like the perceived value materialized overnight. They just figured out how to capitalize on it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Even when betas/alphas were completely free you always had people who didn't get an invite willing to pay for a key. It isn't like the perceived value materialized overnight. They just figured out how to capitalize on it.
Oh, absolutely. I've even commented in the "Other Games" forum about how I'm surprised that this whole, "early access" trend didn't happen much sooner.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'll never understand the point ofpayingfor alpha/beta. It used to be that gamers were doing developers a favor, by essentially being a pseudo QA team for them. Now, they've actually convinced gamers to paythemto be a pseudo QA tester. As a bonus, you get all your accomplishments wiped at the end of the testing period. Boy, sign me up!
Paying for beta at least one gets a product. Look at the crazies and Kickstarter. That to me is really insane.

It's all capitalism. No free lunches here!

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I wonder if those Daru chests will function like the ones you see in Neverwinter. In Neverwinter the chests drop like candy but to open them up for the reward you have to spend cash to buy a key.

Aleatha

At this point what makes me lol a bit is the fact that people paid $100+ for alpha keys a week ago.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought it, without the credits or sub thing though I would of been hard pressed to even bite(like with the landmark stuff).

Aleatha

Yea I think Sony dropped the ball a bit with the landmark packages. Should have thrown some station cash in. I will probably talk myself into the $150 package before I sleep tonight.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Paying for beta at least one gets a product. Look at the crazies and Kickstarter. That to me is really insane.

It's all capitalism. No free lunches here!
I've also shared my thoughts on the absurdity of Kickstarter. A fool and his money..

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno, i kinda get a desperate cash grab vibe from this whole thing... Trion can't be doing very well financially, Defiance tanked long ago and I'm not even sure whats going on with their publishing deals, they were supposed to do Warface (Crytek) in USA/EU but it looks like Crytek just skipped over them? All the "investors" for Trion (NBC Universal and cable companies) seem to be 100% focused on their TV/movie shit right now and don't care about video games anymore.

Hope it works out, they got $100m 2 years ago but Defiance had to have burned through a lot of that.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
I wouldn't worry about this game. Scotts strengths are project management and delivering. Localization for an establisged game is playing it by the numbers for his skill set especially with Voss on board. She's an under appreciated asset who will come to have a major reputation in the industry akin to Scotts. As an aside if I was a major player in this industry I'd be looking to poach her.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yep instant alpha access. You're taken to download page right after paying. Downloading it now.
smile.png