Archeage

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
That red dragon video gets linked constantly. It was from a gm event and was designed to be a loot pi?ata, from what I read it is not at all representative of the raid boss fights in this game. Now I don't know how tactical the actual boss fights are, they may also be simplistic, but if you want to catch more details on that stuff do a google search on the raid zone, carcass.

Edit - Korean link, but supposedly this is one of the end game bosses,. Takes 100 players and siege weapons to kill

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was all excited to get this game's version of Selo's (the lvl 10 Songcraft ability) but it seems to totally suck? Hopefully one of you can enlighten me. It's supposed to last 25 seconds (with the passive) but apparently every action I do cancels it. Sprinting, attacking, using Windstones, mounting....I'm really not sure what the point of it is. Sprinting uses mana ya but it's also a good bit faster; can't use it during combat; Windstones are faster; mounting obviously faster. Sooooo what am I missing?

Ah I just noticed I can use it while mounted, so that's some benefit. But during combat? Running in between quest mobs? General move-aboutery? Seems like sprinting is way better.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was all excited to get this game's version of Selo's (the lvl 10 Songcraft ability) but it seems to totally suck? Hopefully one of you can enlighten me. It's supposed to last 25 seconds (with the passive) but apparently every action I do cancels it. Sprinting, attacking, using Windstones, mounting....I'm really not sure what the point of it is. Sprinting uses mana ya but it's also a good bit faster; can't use it during combat; Windstones are faster; mounting obviously faster. Sooooo what am I missing?

Ah I just noticed I can use it while mounted, so that's some benefit. But during combat? Running in between quest mobs? General move-aboutery? Seems like sprinting is way better.
Yeah it blows I got when I messing around with occ/bard/witch craft the snare combo would be nice but no aoe charm in that tree...

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I went ahead and bought the $150 pack. I am having the same exact download problems with this game that I had with TESO. It will download for a few minutes then crap out. I have to manually restart the patcher which means I have to sit here and monitor the entire download. I disabled the firewall and ran the patcher as an administrator. Anyone with ATT Uverse ever have troubles downloading large files?

EDIT: The error message is 1034 which on their support page indicates its a firewall issue. Their solution is to disable the firewall or add the game to the firewall's exception list. I use AVG so added the Glyph executables to the list of allowed programs but that doesn't appear to fix the problem, which shouldn't even be occurring in the first place since the firewall is disabled.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I went ahead and bought the $150 pack. I am having the same exact download problems with this game that I had with TESO. It will download for a few minutes then crap out. I have to manually restart the patcher which means I have to sit here and monitor the entire download. I disabled the firewall and ran the patcher as an administrator. Anyone with ATT Uverse ever have troubles downloading large files?

EDIT: The error message is 1034 which on their support page indicates its a firewall issue. Their solution is to disable the firewall or add the game to the firewall's exception list. I use AVG so added the Glyph executables to the list of allowed programs but that doesn't appear to fix the problem, which shouldn't even be occurring in the first place since the firewall is disabled.
I'm on Uverse and I know their router has a built in firewall that I sometimes have to let stuff through. Is whatever service your on running their own router firewall?

Songs literally only work with other songs. If you do any other action (other then playing other songs) it will cancel the songs. That's the bad news. The good news is that you can play songs pretty much anytime. Walking? Yep. Running? Supposedly. Mounted? Absolutely. But you a single attack or defense move? Nooooope! Apparently this mobility makes Bards pretty much required in organized PvP groups and the travel song works while mounted and doing pack runs.

Disclaimer: This is what I've read. I haven't tested it myself.
Exception: The final song in the Artistry tree is supposed to cancel songs too I read. Other songs all work with and overlap each other.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I had a similar problem a few years ago. Big downloads crap out after a few seconds. It ended up being the cable modem I was using. It was old and used up. Switched to docsis 3 and no more issues.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I'm on Uverse and I know their router has a built in firewall that I sometimes have to let stuff through. Is whatever service your on running their own router firewall?
I use AVG Firewall. I 've never had to configure a firewall on Uverse router so no idea how to do that. On that note, for some reason I can't even access the router usinghttp://192.168.1.254/.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I use AVG Firewall. I 've never had to configure a firewall on Uverse router so no idea how to do that.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I use AVG Firewall. I 've never had to configure a firewall on Uverse router so no idea how to do that.
Find the model number of your router and google how to access it. Should give you an ip to access through your computer with a default log in and password.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Well I told you I was going to buy it, it was just a matter of when. Office is closed today because of the tornadoes yesterday so figured since I had a day off to go ahead and pull the trigger.
Hit me up in game if you need anything. Can also port you around somewhat.

Let me know what your playtime looks like, maybe we can set something up.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Oh well spent an hour on phone with ATT to see if they could figure out why I can't download large files. The tech made some changes to my router to no avail. Weird thing is I lost connectivity on my PC seconds after I hung up the phone with tech support while every other device in the house is still working just fine.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ended up playing until 1:30 am last night... had to be at a well-site this morning at 6. That hasn't happened in a while. Started an Eastern pussy then a Western man and am enjoying the Western zones a lot more (though the horse mount looks horrible). This is how much fun I expected Wildstar to be.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
anyone know if Gilda/Delphi coins can be traded between guild mates, families, or whoever ?