Archeage

gox_sl

shitlord
Been playing here and there the past couple of days. Couple questions. Im level 25 and I am kind of lost on other things to do besides quest. I read about crafting armor sets etc and it seems like everyone is soo busy in their 20s but i am just questing and that is the weakest part of this game. I had a quest to make some grimey blue armor set in my teens but that was it. Is it a continuation of that line? I have not run into anything else.

I never did a first farm or anything(got the scarecrow but never placed it since i had no idea what makes a good spot). Am looking to start that now(am west btw). After doing the tutorial quests i am kind of lost on what i want/need to do at this stage. Any info or guidance on what is worthwhile to do in the 20s-30s besides quest hump.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Things have gotten a little more interesting once hitting the first contested questing area. This 50 felt like farming noobs, so he jumped two of us, chased one up the side of a cliff, then chased him off with the glider back down to where I was. Well, fellow noob landed better than he did and he took about 50% fall damage. So we killed him. Been keeping an eye out while questing, but it is fun.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well worthwhile is a matter of taste, game is fairly sandbox so you kinda do what you want to do. If you want to level fast then you need to truck on questing, or potentially grind(aoe grinding seems particularily viable, respawn rate seems fairly high and aoes are potent enough but can't get that many mobs at once). The crafting/farming stuff is interesting cause it's quite different than standard mmo, having a farm, growing shit, finding out you need more space but you don't have it so taking the risks of planting in unsecured areas where people might come and steal your shit(and by might I mean will). Growing shit to do traderoutes for gildas and/or money, increasing crafting when no one is actually very high and selling overpriced shit like clipper boat repair items, stuff like that.

Can also do the daily dungeon. I just did it, it was actually pretty cool. First it's doable with only 2people(and max is 3, which is weird when group size seems to be 4) and for the daily you want 1 under 30 and 1 over 30, finding the 30+ can be annoying though. The bosses have fairly basic mechanics but still quite interesting to see and it's alright xp it seems even at 30+ due to the quest xp.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
Been playing here and there the past couple of days. Couple questions. Im level 25 and I am kind of lost on other things to do besides quest. I read about crafting armor sets etc and it seems like everyone is soo busy in their 20s but i am just questing and that is the weakest part of this game. I had a quest to make some grimey blue armor set in my teens but that was it. Is it a continuation of that line? I have not run into anything else.
This game has no good directed content until max level (even then, the directed content barely keeps up with current MMOs and is more akin to EverQuest dungeon farming). That said, the charm of this game is not at all related to the directed content. You will notice that the people having fun are not talking about amazing encounters or dramatic quests lines. It's basically fucking with people, and keeping your shit and your friend's shit from getting fucked with. That is the fun of this game and will be the fun of this game in the U.S. One hint...the factions in this game are more guidelines than rules.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
what sort of siege and invasion mechanics should we expect in this game.
I have heard they are fairly standard (all stand in a spot until you claim the castle type stuff ala every game with capture points ever), but the problem with them is that gliders kinda ruin the defensive nature of the fort. So, ultimately, its just a big battle rather than a siege.

Oloh_sl

shitlord
So how does you hermit play? How do you level him up? Pros and Cons?

I was thinking of trying Auro(Will)/Shadow/Witchcraft and do most of my damage via Shadowplay and use the other two classes for survivability and cc.
I like it. The shield from Wizard is really good, as is the Mana back dot and CC from Witch for when things go bad. I use Shadow as my main and basically alternate the two channels, then kite with the 1-2 judo punch thing. I think at max level, for PvP raiding, you would respec to be almost full on Wizard with the AoE fire wall and frost thing as your main abilities. That is my plan at least and it seems to work out and be valued later on. Any mass PvP videos you see, you see Wizards laying down a shitton of fire and frost.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Oh well. After a 8+ hour download the game crashes every time I try to launch. I opened up a ticket with trion and sent them all the crash log files. I have the most updated Nvidia driver and I disabled my AVG antivirus and firewall. Apparently there is a known conflict with some antivirus programs. I guess I wait until I hear back from Trion support.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
So anyone who knows anything about farming how are you choosing what to put on your farm? like do you just grow whatever and put it all up on the auction house and hope someone buys it? How are you making a profit?

Oh well. After a 8+ hour download the game crashes every time I try to launch. I opened up a ticket with trion and sent them all the crash log files. I have the most updated Nvidia driver and I disabled my AVG antivirus and firewall. Apparently there is a known conflict with some antivirus programs. I guess I wait until I hear back from Trion support.
When is the last time you did a format and clean install?

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
That happened to me until I ran it in windowed mode (hit alt+enter at the trion logo movie). Fixed my crashing.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
That happened to me until I ran it in windowed mode (hit alt+enter at the trion logo movie). Fixed my crashing.
I don't make it to the movie. I get the Hackshield app loading, a green shape in the middle of the screen with "Archeage" and some poem whose text is gray and then turns to white. As soon as the last word turns white, the green shape disappears and I am returned to the Glyph patcher.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well, then yes, by all means talk to Trion...that sounds Fubar'd my friend
frown.png

gox_sl

shitlord
So what do you do get rolling on the crafted sets to level with. I hear everyone talking about level 20 set and level 25 set etc. I did the first set you do but i cannot figure out if the next sets are built off those items or if its different.

Also to get the lumber for your first farm are you basically stuck planting trees to be taken by other players or is there a better way to get the 10 lumber?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You need 1 lumber for the first scarecrow, and you get it from the quest at the same time. You need 100 for the 2nd scarecrow(bigger one) and those you basically have to farm yourself. Takes a while, if you do yew, you can plant 4 every 4hours and get about 3logs from them so yeah like 30hours, but you can buy some or find some while leveling outside. Probably want to plant longer growing trees when you go to sleep and if you can't check all day though, so would be longer.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I have heard they are fairly standard (all stand in a spot until you claim the castle type stuff ala every game with capture points ever), but the problem with them is that gliders kinda ruin the defensive nature of the fort. So, ultimately, its just a big battle rather than a siege.
Man, that's fucked. Wish there was a way to disable that shit to a certain length from the castle and make the siege more epic.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Do you have similar problems with streaming or other large downloads? Because the only thing I can think of is that it's ATT being douchebag cunts with your download or there's some homegrown usage bot they have in place to screw with people doing large downloads.
Yes pretty much every time I try to download any large files, TESO download being the most recent.
The Glasnost test showed no throttling. After some more research,I came across this websitethat describes what is causing the problem with Uverse as well as the solution. However, I am wary of going in and messing around with my router.